Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

I know tools are to be used as I have many from wood working tools....metal working tools like at least 5 mig and tig welders, metal lathe and mill among other metal tools, . I have many electronic testing devices, photographic equipment and just about anything you can think of...and I don't abuse any of them to get the job done. Abusing them does not make the job go faster. I could win the lottery tomorrow and still never find the need to abuse anything just for the hell of it. My tools are an extension of me and what I can do. Why would I abuse them? Oh, maybe cause I am not interested in making videos that make me look like a fool.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I know tools are to be used as I have many from wood working tools....metal working tools like at least 5 mig and tig welders, metal lathe and mill among other metal tools, . I have many electronic testing devices, photographic equipment and just about anything you can think of...and I don't abuse any of them to get the job done. Abusing them does not make the job go faster. I could win the lottery tomorrow and still never find the need to abuse anything just for the hell of it. My tools are an extension of me and what I can do. Why would I abuse them? Oh, maybe cause I am not interested in making videos that make me look like a fool.
You're comparing apples to gardening hoses. Entirely different "classes" of items.

Your tools such as your welders, chissels, etc. are the devices you use to do your job. The drones, BoostedBoards, and mail-calls are the subjects of his product, not the production devices. He's not abusing the gear he uses to make his product such as his lighting, Cannon 80D, or hardware in his studio.

You're comparing apples to gardening hoses. Entirely different "classes" of items.

Your tools such as your welders, chissels, etc. are the devices you use to do your job. The drones, BoostedBoards, and mail-calls are the subjects of his product, not the production devices. He's not abusing the gear he uses to make his product such as his lighting, Cannon 80D, or hardware in his studio.

Nope those get abused too. He also has a wall of dead Cannon's.
Are you suggesting casey's use or "misuse" of drones is just? Do the ends justify the means as long as it is done in the name of creativity and self expression?

You guys are funny! I used to hate Casey... now I find myself watching every episode! lol. He's entertaining! Otherwise he wouldn't be so popular.

He's funny, crazy and whacky. He's not a serious reviewer! He doesn't claim to be. The whole point is he's fun to watch...

He has a wall of P4's like twelve of them that have wrecked for various reasons. He pushes them to their limits and does things that most wouldn't! I like that...

Now does he do things that are wreck less? Yes. He might get in trouble some day. That Dobby Drone flew down the street and landed on someone or something! He hit the Brooklyn bridge with a P4 and someone got it for him and brought it back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do the ends justify the means as long as it is done in the name of creativity and self expression?
He's running a business and making profit. Stuff breaking is just a small expense no different than his rent and electric bill.

It really comes down to: whose business is it what he does with his possessions? These aren't taxpayer-funded purchases, so the general public has absolutely no standing to challenge his behavior.

He's running a business and making profit. Stuff breaking is just a small expense no different than his rent and electric bill.

It really comes down to: whose business is it what he does with his possessions? These aren't taxpayer-funded purchases, so the general public has absolutely no standing to challenge his behavior.
We may have no say in how he treats his equipment but since he puts his videos out to the public, we have every right to express our opinion

We may have no say in how he treats his equipment but since he puts his videos out to the public, we have every right to express our opinion
You're definitely right. GMass just thinks "eih - not my money / not my problem / I don't care".

Stuff just breaking or failing is one thing...but breaking or abusing things is another thing.

What I would take issue with is that he is advocating unsafe use of UAS flying in areas that are less than ideal (illegal?) and to top it off has little to no knowledge how to operate the equipment before turning it on (Autofocus on the Mavic, calibration etc).

You're definitely right. GMass just thinks "eih - not my money / not my problem / I don't care".
Well, it's obvious he doesn't care. With all the stuff he owns in his business such as shelves of camera and accessories, why is he borrowing lenses. Does he treat them the same as his own. I doubt it.

What I would take issue with is that he is advocating unsafe use of UAS flying in areas that are less than ideal (illegal?) and to top it off has little to no knowledge how to operate the equipment before turning it on (Autofocus on the Mavic, calibration etc).
I think if anyone that watched his videos and took that as a guideline on how to be a responsible drone pilot is not that smart.

Stuff just breaking or failing is one thing...but breaking or abusing things is another thing.
As in - what? A crime? Do you have any business telling an individual or private corporation what to do with their possessions? Why do you even care?
Gmass wishes his life was so basic that his concerns were with what a dude in NYC does with his personal belongings...

Are you suggesting casey's use or "misuse" of drones is just? Do the ends justify the means as long as it is done in the name of creativity and self expression?

Yeah. Absolutely. His business, his product, his market. You may be personally offended because of the way he "misuses drones", but millions of others aren't. The way he treats his tools is completely irrelevant to me.

Reminds me of the website "Will it Blend?". Very clever viral marketing campaign, although I'm sure it has been offensive to some iPhone owners, among others, along the same lines as this outraged thread.

As in - what? A crime? Do you have any business telling an individual or private corporation what to do with their possessions? Why do you even care?
Gmass wishes his life was so basic that his concerns were with what a dude in NYC does with his personal belongings...
You just like to stir the pot I see. What he does with his stuff . I don't care. When he is given or loaned stuff to test, I think he should act like he gives a ****. And Nick thinks this.

Yeah. Absolutely. His business, his product, his market. You may be personally offended because of the way he "misuses drones", but millions of others aren't. The way he treats his tools is completely irrelevant to me.

Reminds me of the website "Will it Blend?". Very clever viral marketing campaign, although I'm sure it has been offensive to some iPhone owners, among others, along the same lines as this outraged thread.
If it's irrelevant to you, why are you posting?

Seriously if anyone here On these forums, buys a Mavic hot off the production line, and has any kind of problems with it, then sorry to be offensive, but you are an idiot! The only flight reports we have seen are by people who got them directly from DJI for reviews. 1st there is no way DJI is not going to make sure these are perfect drones and 2nd, there is no way any of these "chosen" reviewers are going to trash the drone. We have seen this time and time again with ll kinds of 'new product' releases from tech companies. Hell anyone get 'stuck' with a Z3 Camera?? most till don't work. Or the iPhone 6 and 6plus. So if you ordered your Mavic last week so you could be the 1st to get it this week, do us all a favor and when the **** thing doesn't work dont waste our time posting questions just send it back to DJI.

You'd probably like this AvE dude's channel. He's hilarious (got to watch a few of his videos before picking up on the running jokes, etc), and (don't tell the liberals - ) he destroys stuff sometimes! EEEKK
AvE

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl