Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

I'd never heard of the guy before all the complaining about him on this forum. I'm not a big fan of the "internet personality" concept, but the more I see of his blog videos you guys are posting, the more I kind of like him. So...thanks for that.:)

I'd never heard of the guy before all the complaining about him on this forum. I'm not a big fan of the "internet personality" concept, but the more I see of his blog videos you guys are posting, the more I kind of like him. So...thanks for that.:)
I think he puts his videos together well although I've only seen a few. But to me his content is a bit boring . It's like LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY...ATE A COOKIE..RODE MY SKATEBOARD....KNOCKED OVER STUFF AND OPENED SOME BOXES.. I don't dislike him but don't care either. Maybe I haven't watched enough. Guess that could be on my bucket list......right after shoving a screwdriver in my ear. He has to strike while the iron is hot. Nothing last forever. Things change too quick these days.

I think he puts his videos together well although I've only seen a few. But to me his content is a bit boring . It's like LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY...ATE A COOKIE..RODE MY SKATEBOARD....KNOCKED OVER STUFF AND OPENED SOME BOXES.. I don't dislike him but don't care either. Maybe I haven't watched enough. Guess that could be on my bucket list......right after shoving a screwdriver in my ear. He has to strike while the iron is hot. Nothing last forever. Things change too quick these days.
Yeah...no disagreement with any of that.

I think he puts his videos together well although I've only seen a few. But to me his content is a bit boring . It's like LOOK WHAT I DID TODAY...ATE A COOKIE..RODE MY SKATEBOARD....KNOCKED OVER STUFF AND OPENED SOME BOXES
Stayed in an $18,000 hotel room, got bumped up to a $21,000 airplane seat, road snowboard through downtown NY, etc. He does not do Q&A too often but I think it's interesting. Really motivational.

There are 3 main reason's why I like his content... I try to learn from his great editing skills, his videos are very positive and motivational and it's daily.

It's _tough_ (really tough) to make drone footage interesting. He does a great job of mixing in drone footage in order to give a bigger "picture" in his videos. Sometimes he will break down what he's saying by using graphs and time stop animation. Really effective. He gets up early, goes to bed late and _loves_ to work. He talks about how doing certain things is not productive and only gets in the way of doing real work. He tries to exercise each day and eat healthy (oh... watch his old explanation video on NY's ban on some sugar drinks). He says it makes him feel better during the day. I just have to think... if this guy can do all of that every day, maybe I should get off my butt and not complain when I have to do 1/8th of what he's doing.

Stayed in an $18,000 hotel room, got bumped up to a $21,000 airplane seat, road snowboard through downtown NY, etc. He does not do Q&A too often but I think it's interesting. Really motivational.

There are 3 main reason's why I like his content... I try to learn from his great editing skills, his videos are very positive and motivational and it's daily.

It's _tough_ (really tough) to make drone footage interesting. He does a great job of mixing in drone footage in order to give a bigger "picture" in his videos. Sometimes he will break down what he's saying by using graphs and time stop animation.
Well said Tcope! He is a reality show writer, producer, actor that uses drone footage mostly for setup shots and to better tell his story. Using YouTube gives him complete independance. He has said the trend won't last. Let's see if he can get in front of the next one to come along.
For those wanting instructional drone flying videos - there are plenty and they are mostly plenty boring.

Reactions: MacCool
qznjQ6V.gif

His latest video (October 18th) has drone shots in it, but he still has the Mavic linked in the description equipment list... Did he get a replacement? Probably just didn't update his description after he lost it.

I'm sorry but this guy is an idiot when it comes to drones. He never calibrates the compass, hardly ever waits for the gps to lock on a home point before he takes off, etc.

He's crashed over 5 Phantom 4's. This guy gives responsible drone owners a bad name.
How do you know he doesn't calibrate or lock on? He doing a vlog not a tutorial. Looks like he's had a kick in the bum though. His latest sees him "not fly where there are people " his words. No, this guy shows the general public ( and a lot of them) what great platforms these are to get great results. What have you done to get the public on side?

You might want to ask him for this knowledge.

You think every new video on YouTube has a 107 behind it? I don't have one. Ive also flown above 400 feet and out of line of sight. Oh, I've also taken off with a battery that was not at 100 percent charge.

Easy now, I asked a simple question. I did not pass judgement on him, but the question led to your confessing your drone sins.

It's _tough_ (really tough) to make drone footage interesting. He does a great job of mixing in drone footage in order to give a bigger "picture" in his videos. Sometimes he will break down what he's saying by using graphs and time stop animation. Really effective. He gets up early, goes to bed late and _loves_ to work. He talks about how doing certain things is not productive and only gets in the way of doing real work. He tries to exercise each day and eat healthy (oh... watch his old explanation video on NY's ban on some sugar drinks). He says it makes him feel better during the day. I just have to think... if this guy can do all of that every day, maybe I should get off my butt and not complain when I have to do 1/8th of what he's doing.
Exactly.

He makes great videos on how "not" to operate a drone. I have seen him violate every rule on the books. One should not look to a vloger for proper instruction. He has great editing skills, and deep pockets which allows him to photograph great locations, and turn "OK" video into a pretty good edited clip. He has crashed more drones than he has managed to save. All that said, I watch his videos when a new product comes out so I can see how he screws it up. Good entertainment, not much else.
How do you know he doesn't calibrate or lock on? He doing a vlog not a tutorial. Looks like he's had a kick in the bum though. His latest sees him "not fly where there are people " his words. No, this guy shows the general public ( and a lot of them) what great platforms these are to get great results. What have you done to get the public on side?[/QU

Reactions: Dounin Front
Guys I just cleaned up some of your post that were posted from one that was unnecessary .
I have dealt with it and sorry if yours was got also .
Please lets not get to carried away ,Thanks :)

Casey is not, nor has he claimed to be a official reviewer. He's an entertainer, and like most it's not a ONE size fits all. So like, and some don't.

People get so worked up over anyone liking things they don't. For example, I like Howard Stern.... lots don't. I would never criticize anyone for not liking him.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This guy is not good for our hobby. Why he has not been visited or at least sent a letter from the FAA is a mystery? A guy in MN gets a $55,000 fine for doing about .000000000000001% of what Casey is doing.

This guy is not good for our hobby. Why he has not been visited or at least sent a letter from the FAA is a mystery? A guy in MN gets a $55,000 fine for doing about .000000000000001% of what Casey is doing. Must be friends with the Clinton's?
Hollywood does this stuff all the time. Maybe he gets permission - he is a professional.
His booster Board probably isn't technically legal either, but NYC encourages film companies to operate in the city.

Easy now, I asked a simple question. I did not pass judgement on him, but the question led to your confessing your drone sins.

You were "asking" a question to people that would not know the answer? In life we call that a rhetorical question and it's used to make a statement.

My follow up was that thousands of people make money off drone videos without having a Part 107. Even many people on this forum. Do you ask them the same "question"?

I'm not jumping on you... I'm jumping on the frame of mind people have when they ask this "question".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4