Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

You just like to stir the pot I see. What he does with his stuff . I don't care. When he is given or loaned stuff to test, I think he should act like he gives a ****. And Nick thinks this.
Challenging your statements with intellectual debate is not "stirring the pot".

Still can't figure out why you're so J'Offed by what one business does with another business' product.

Challenging your statements with intellectual debate is not "stirring the pot".

Still can't figure out why you're so J'Offed by what one business does with another business' product.
If I had thought I needed to explain this to you or needed permission before posting..I would have...maybe.

Can someone fill me in on why this guy is such a celebrity? 9 minute video on what I thought was him losing his drone only to spend the first 6 minutes seeing some guy living in his life of luxury with where he stays and how he flies around? I mean what does this guy do for money? Perhaps this was covered earlier but I didn't have the courage to look thru 9 pages to see.

Can someone fill me in on why this guy is such a celebrity? 9 minute video on what I thought was him losing his drone only to spend the first 6 minutes seeing some guy living in his life of luxury with where he stays and how he flies around? I mean what does this guy do for money? Perhaps this was covered earlier but I didn't have the courage to look thru 9 pages to see.
He's bringing in closet to $250k/month from youtube vids alone. He made several million making a series for HBO over a decade ago.

Now this is ironic...

Casey's video today answers two of the bigger questions here. He talks about DJI replacing his drone and why he's rough on equipment. I think he does a very good job to explain his position on equipment (again).

Watched it this morning. I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT. Haha /sarcasm

GMass watched probably 20-30 of his videos yesterday (what else is there to do when nursing a killer hangover after going on a proper bender??). He's got a great TedX speech, linked below. He's not a great public speaker (the filler word 'like' was getting unbearable) but GMass likes that about TedX - they aren't always the most motivating speakers by delivery, but by their message. He talked about what he came from - he's a high school dropout who never got his GED or went to college. He did great things for the people of the Philippians, is unbelievably devoted to his family (has an older son too, did you know?) and makes bank. GMass is impressed

I'm sorry but this guy is an idiot when it comes to drones. He never calibrates the compass, hardly ever waits for the gps to lock on a home point before he takes off, etc.

He's crashed over 5 Phantom 4's. This guy gives responsible drone owners a bad name.

I'm sorry but this guy is an idiot when it comes to drones. He never calibrates the compass, hardly ever waits for the gps to lock on a home point before he takes off, etc.

He's crashed over 5 Phantom 4's. This guy gives responsible drone owners a bad name.
I totally agree with you. It baffles me that DJI would supply him with their product given his disregard for safe flying practices. He flies in the middle of NYC for gods sake!

Reactions: peterjse
his not an idiot but he just plain rough and careless. typical human being. but the good side is if this type of person can make dji mavic last long it means dji have a very good and tough product. unfortunately just a few days mavic was gone. i dont think he set it to land instead of RTH. everybody sets their drone to RTH. im sure he ran out of juice.

So amazing how stirred up so many people get about things they know NOTHING about. He does things for ratings.... "He never calibrates his drone" -- he just did it in a video this week and griped about what a pain it is.... @ 7:31

"He's a mental midget" -- hence the reason his bank account is exploding.

Seriously, grow up and worry about yourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlashBuddy
his not an idiot but he just plain rough and careless. typical human being. but the good side is if this type of person can make dji mavic last long it means dji have a very good and tough product. unfortunately just a few days mavic was gone. i dont think he set it to land instead of RTH. everybody sets their drone to RTH. im sure he ran out of juice.

I think so too, probably set it to hover instead of RTH
The question is with old style phantom, those are all set with app/tablet, but with the new controller, is those setting make on the controller itself? in which case Casey might not realize and whoever fly it/test it before DJI send it to Casey can easily have set it to "lost connection-hover"

Reactions: N017RW
I wonder if the FAA ever pursues him, will they view him as a hobbyist rather than a commercial business where the commercial fine could be a lot more (As with most business fines who are backed by liability insurance.)? If the FAA regards posting drone videos on Youtube as commercial, and he claims hobbyist, how will it unfold even if he is a millionaire?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj