Phantom Terminator Linear Antenna?

I had to remove the permanently riveted mounting bracket on the Terminator because I want to use it not only to test on the P3P/A models but also on the P3S as well as the P2 Vision series! The DBS style stainless steel mounting clip that we are so used to DOESNT work for models other than the P3P/A! So I adapted it to a FPVLR style printed mount that is reasonable for ALL models. So I will test this panel first UNBOOSTED w/ the P3P for range. Then I will use it for the wi-fi end UNBOOSTED on the P3 Standard. View attachment 51953
View attachment 51954

Geeezz

4930475e1213bbc8e9415f10e1cf25f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had to remove the permanently riveted mounting bracket on the Terminator because I want to use it not only to test on the P3P/A models but also on the P3S as well as the P2 Vision series! The DBS style stainless steel mounting clip that we are so used to DOESNT work for models other than the P3P/A! So I adapted it to a FPVLR style printed mount that is reasonable for ALL models. So I will test this panel first UNBOOSTED w/ the P3P for range. Then I will use it for the wi-fi end UNBOOSTED on the P3 Standard. View attachment 51953
View attachment 51954

Wicked setups DB!!! Can't wait to see your results! Is the P3P setup heavy? Would you recommend a shoulder strap? Or is it light enough to be used with a standard neck strap?

Turned around at 40,000 feet perfect signal all the way out and on the turnaround 200 feet high(that's the lowest that I went out to 40,000 feet, boosted or unboosted)

I was going to give the PIII standard to try but it started sprinkling, oh well, I'm glad I was able to squeeze in that flight this crappy week

This P3P is the old motors version, which we all know has better video output the new motors versions. To be fair I will try it with the new motors version soon

very nice. Did you test at all to see what kind of angles this thing is good for?

Nope, and I'll probably leave that up to someone else. I don't work for the company, they don't pay me, so I'm not trying to do a full product report or sell anybody anything! I'm simply going to test it for the way I like to fly and the type of flying that I do. But I can tell you these are very large panels and if you look early on in my trip and right at the end of my trip I jog off to the south(to avoid the interstate)and I didn't move my antenna on the tripod when I made that jog and it kind of puts me behind some trees with perfect signal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl