Phantom 4 Pro+ Option For Mapping

I have never used an android tablet but unfortunately I have P4P+. Is it possible to be able to use an Apple device with P4P+ in the future. (There are some ports on the controller).

You shoul have read the specs before purchasing the plus controler. But a simple answer in NO you cannot hook an apple device, or another android device, or install 3rd part apps, or use the buildin automated flights in the dgi go 4 app without crashes, or use the buildin offline maps without problems, oh, and as of the date of this post, your app is 3 versions behind the android app which you can get from the playstore (sorry for the negative post)

Reactions: OOO
There is no way to install 3rd party apps on the P4P+ remote controller. You'll need to buy the P4P remote controller if you need to use 3rd party apps.

It seems that this is not true, at least according DJI. Look here, this is my chat of this morning...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-05-23 10.57.05.png
    Screenshot 2017-05-23 10.57.05.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 642
It seems that this is not true, at least according DJI. Look here, this is my chat of this morning...
Unfortunately when you talk to DJI people you don't always get a correct answer.
You can be told the most ridiculous things there.
Harvey has no idea what he's talking about.
The aircraft is the same, whether you have the + or non+ controller.
It is a simple matter to link a pro controller with your aircraft anf use it as a regular pro despite what Harvey thinks.

Reactions: OOO
Unfortunately when you talk to DJI people you don't always get a correct answer.
You can be told the most ridiculous things there.
Harvey has no idea what he's talking about.
The aircraft is the same, whether you have the + or non+ controller.
It is a simple matter to link a pro controller with your aircraft anf use it as a regular pro despite what Harvey thinks.

That's what I thought before this chat, and your answer is good news for me. Thanks.

Can you ask that dji employee what type of cigarettes does he smoke so i can order some please?

I have a p4p plus and baught a separate p4p controler they pair/work perfectly together, my plus controller has been in a drawer since then, i regret buying it

Are you sure you attached the correct screenshot? I don't see anything about installing 3rd party apps on the P4P+ remote controller.

Reactions: KingDad1985
GCP's are great for absoulute accuracy, but depending on the job, you may not need them.

I have built a cradle and timing capture device for the Emlid Reach RTK/PPK unit. When fitted on my Phantom 4 it captures precise timing and raw GPS data for post processed RTK (can capture RTK but why carry the extra weight?).
With this on my P4 I get sub 50cm agreement between my orthomosiac and my reference points.
With a single GCP at the launch site and then applying a global shift this comes down to sub 25cm.
These results were obtained using photoscan for processing.

Update October 2017. results are now sub decimeter in x and Y with no GCP's
INstalled RTK
84510-682e92ea676fda519a37071b2699d559.jpg

Attachments

• File 21-8-17, 09 35 10.jpeg
    File 21-8-17, 09 35 10.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 629
Last edited:
My experience with DJI support is that they have no knowledge of their products and at best you will get inaccurate information. PhantomPilots is a much better source for useful information

Reactions: ravedog
You might be interested in this thread.

Thanks msinger. There is a utube by argtek on this that shows how to. I dont own a plus or would want one. The plus is like any other device running android os. DJI made it hard for users to add apps by removing the play store. It is designed to work well with dji go app only. It is optimized for the go app only. It has been tested by dji techs with just there app and approved apps. Just because you can add apps to it, you have to be cautious. If you are one who asks 'do i upgrade firmware or software?', then stay away from loading 3rd party apps on your plus.

There is a utube by argtek on this that shows how to.
I'm not sure which video you're referring to, but I linked you to instructions on how to do it above.

Just because you can add apps to it, you have to be cautious. If you are one who asks 'do i upgrade firmware or software?', then stay away from loading 3rd party apps on your plus.
If you're referring to 3rd party flight apps, then I don't recommend one even attempt it. It doesn't seem like the current version of any of them can be successfully installed.

I'm not sure which video you're referring to, but I linked you to instructions on how to do it above.

If you're referring to 3rd party flight apps, then I don't recommend one even attempt it. It doesn't seem like the current version of any of them can be successfully installed.

Current versions of a software are designed and optimized on the platform they will be used on. This is the reason why I made the quoted statement above.

Current versions of a software are designed and optimized on the platform they will be used on. This is the reason why I made the quoted statement above.
If you're saying you don't think the P4P+ remote controller could handle the current version of an app like Litchi, then I don't agree with that statement. The DJI GO app has been proven to be a very resource hungry (if not the most resource hungry) flight app.

If you're saying you don't think the P4P+ remote controller could handle the current version of an app like Litchi, then I don't agree with that statement. The DJI GO app has been proven to be a very resource hungry (if not the most resource hungry) flight app.
You are probably correct msinger. No argument here. Plus uses modified android. Think of it as DJI's private play ground. It plays by its own rules. Uninvited guests beware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl