Phantom 4 Pro+ Option For Mapping

Reaction score
A couple questions about using the Phantom 4 Pro+ for 2d mapping. First off I did not realize that pro+ was limited in app selection for mapping when I bought it. I need advice please!

I work in landscape design and we, primarily, work on large country properties. We would like to incorporate up-to-date 2D maps for reference when designing. It is also great tool for showing off our finished projects.

1. In order to map a route for photogrammetry what are my options for the P4P+.
Do I have to buy a standard controller? Are the apps available for mapping on plus RC now? Can I map easily with my current set up?

2. What software/apps are best for ease/cost for creating 2D maps?

I was looking at agisoft photoscan. Seems like a good option because it has a trial period and a one time fee. Dronedeploy and others seem to have a high cost unless you use them frequently. Pix4d looks amazing but seems way to costly for our outfit. Just need a couple maps a month most likely. Any recommendations?

Really could use some advice before I spend more money on R/C and mapping programs. Please help!

That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure. I thought that maybe there had been some development on how to upload apps onto the controller, as discussed in other posts.

Any ideas on a program to use for 2d mapping?

Has DJI GS PRO been released for the controller yet? I didn't think so

GS Pro is still only available for Apple [emoji520] at the moment. It's been coming soon to android for months. Don't hold your breath waiting

I'm lost. Are you just here to brag or are you going to explain more in detail?

Reactions: OOO
I have never used an android tablet but unfortunately I have P4P+. Is it possible to be able to use an Apple device with P4P+ in the future. (There are some ports on the controller).

I have never used an android tablet but unfortunately I have P4P+. Is it possible to be able to use an Apple device with P4P+ in the future. (There are some ports on the controller).

Unlikely. DJI don't list the USB ports as a feature of the remote despite there being two.

Reactions: OOO
Out of curiosity, what accuracy are you guys getting with the P4P? I understand GPS is similar to other models but I would thing the 20mp camera/mechanical shutter helps?

I'm looking into GCPs and not ready to make the leap to the AeroPoints or anything like that...thinking the Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor handheld might be a happy medium.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic