Phantom 4 Camera sensor error.. Hardware Malfunction:

Using this occurrence as an example I think the DJI/Apple pairing is a wonderful fit at least for the consumer. I switched to Apple a few years back and even at the premium price tag it's the fact that their customer service keeps me coming back. Also the Apple care is second to none, I think DJI is trying to copy this with their "DJI Care plan" but I'm very sceptical to purchase it...Not because of the price tag but more that I don't know if I fully trust DJI with coverage. Apple care has saved me thousands of dollars and with almost no down time on broken phones alone, My wife has dropped her phone and broken it several times and Apple's only question is "Would you like a new one or would you like us to repair it". I agree that DJI has a lot to learn when it comes to customer care and I wouldn't say I'm a loyal customer yet as if someone comes out with a better product tomorrow (Yuneec etc) I'll jump ship in no time but if DJI mirrors Apple's customer care model they would certainly keep me coming back even at a higher price tag.

I guess being the first out the door to buy the P4 comes with a price.
Went out for a second day of flying. Got in about 5 minutes of flying. Landed to move to a better area and when I turned it back on it said firmware update. I had already done this before when I first fired i up out of the box. It let me go ahead and fly again so I took off for a low flight. No video, no camera. No FPV on my screen. I wrapped it up and headed home thinking I had to have the update which would drain my only battery. Once home and updated, no change. "Contact DJI for service". Grrrr.
fd8d2c745a1f41fa66b88070f9141339.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just had my second flight, got the same hardware error. Turned off all the obstacle sensor, flew normally and on control lock ok. But man did it go bonkers on tracking .... I'll keep folks posted if Sensor calibration works.

I should have given more details when this happened to me. At the time I lost my positioning. It held the altitude but went a little crazy drifting side to side on me. Once on the ground I could not shut off the motors for a good bit of time. I would say I tried pulling stick back and holding it for at least 30 seconds and after releasing and trying again for a third time it shut down. And let me tell you I was quick to turn the aircraft off and pull the battery.

Went out for a second day of flying. Got in about 5 minutes of flying. Landed to move to a better area and when I turned it back on it said firmware update. I had already done this before when I first fired i up out of the box. It let me go ahead and fly again so I took off for a low flight. No video, no camera. No FPV on my screen. I wrapped it up and headed home thinking I had to have the update which would drain my only battery. Once home and updated, no change. "Contact DJI for service". Grrrr.

I have the same problem after doing the latest firmware update. Also notice many others on DJI forum with same problem.
I can fly my Mavic for a bit while I wait to see if a firmware update fixes it.

Interesting, I bought my P4 from Apple purely for the retail point of contact. Luckily I've had no probes yet, touch wood

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl