Phantom 4 Camera sensor error.. Hardware Malfunction:

Reaction score
I guess being the first out the door to buy the P4 comes with a price.
Went out for a second day of flying. Got in about 5 minutes of flying. Landed to move to a better area and when I turned it back on it said firmware update. I had already done this before when I first fired i up out of the box. It let me go ahead and fly again so I took off for a low flight. No video, no camera. No FPV on my screen. I wrapped it up and headed home thinking I had to have the update which would drain my only battery. Once home and updated, no change. "Contact DJI for service". Grrrr.
fd8d2c745a1f41fa66b88070f9141339.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well Bollocks

Boy is that disappointing. I feel for you and hope you can sort it without retuning it.

and it starts

Sorry for your troubles. Let's hope they have a quick fix for you. Please keep everyone posted as to your experience with DJI and their solution.

Reactions: launchpad26
Problem solved!
Just returned from the Apple Store. I walked in with the P4 and I was greeted at the door with " Are you returning or exchanging your Phantom?" I explained there is something wrong with it . They walked me to the shelve and grabbed another one, scanned the old, the new and said there you go.
Whew*****

Problem solved!
Just returned from the Apple Store. I walked in with the P4 and I was greeted at the door with " Are you returning or exchanging your Phantom?" I explained there is something wrong with it . They walked me to the shelve and grabbed another one, scanned the old, the new and said there you go.
Whew*****

I am sure Apple made sure that DJi would take every P4 back no questions asked.

I am sure Apple made sure that DJi would take every P4 back no questions asked.
No questions asked was exactly how it went. They never questioned the issue and did not even look in the box.
Found that a little surprising.

Problem solved!
Whew*****

That's brilliant, hope I don't have these issues, no store where I live everything has to be done by post. Glad you got it resolved and good luck with the new one.

That sux that you had an issue that quick but kudos to Apple for not making you wait!

I have a feeling those who went direct through DJI might not do quite as well as you did.

Bought mine from DJI...If it has a problem right off the bat I think I'll go buy one from Apple and send the first back to DJI, as it is I'm not overly happy that they have them on the shelf ready to go while so many that pre purchased are left out in the cold waiting. If I was DJI I would make sure that all the customers who pre purchased direct would have theirs before any were available elsewhere...Lesson learned for P5 I guess.

DJI customers spend a lot of cash.

Apple want to impress them in terms of customer service, which obviously made an impression on you this time :) and they're only going to send it back to DJI anyways, so they have managed to create a good impression at DJI's expense :)

I'm not saying they shouldn't have swapped out your P4, but I think they have been instructed to seize the opportunity with third party products :)

I'm sure you wouldn't think twice about buying anything from Apple after experiences like this :)

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Apple want to impress... this is just how they work and how they manage a true customer service.
My MBP had a scratch on the back when I received it : the next day, the UPS guy was at my home with a new one and a prepaid UPS label to send the scratched one within 15 days... and 70$ discount on my credit card !!!
I'm pretty sure Apple do the same with none Apple products.

I don't think Apple want to impress... this is just how they work and how they manage a true customer service.
My MBP had a scratch on the back when I received it : the next day, the UPS guy was at my home with a new one and a prepaid UPS label to send the scratched one within 15 days... and 70$ discount on my credit card !!!
I'm pretty sure Apple do the same with none Apple products.
Yeah I guess, their customer service is good on the whole. But it was a good opportunity for them, because not all DJI owners are Apple product owners as well.

That was great service from Apple!. DJI really has a lot to learn in terms of customer service and it looks like they are trying by partnering with one of the best. Culturally I don't see it as a good fit but time will tell. I am sure Apple was well aware of DJI's reputation for bad customer service and told them if you want your products in our stores then you will abide by our rules.

DJI sales are a rounding error for Apple so I am sure they were dictating the terms.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl