Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hii,friends. I am from Turkey and ı have use phantom 3 standart..
What should I do to increase the range of the device safety?

Sorry ı am beginner user. What is mean Ce mode or how will ı understand my phantom 3 standart in Ce mode?

If you are flying within Europe, the CE rules apply which means 17 db signal strength.
If you are flying in the USA, the FCC rules apply which means 27 db signal strength.
With PapaTita software you can force 27 db signal strength within Europe (CE).

Reactions: PapaTita
I'm flying in Turkey in Europe, so phantom3 standart device when creating the flight problem when I use the fcc mode?

Before patch i made 1,5 km and lose video
I made the patch last one first option
And at the begining was ok... But at 1km i lose connection... And just before home the video came again...
Was very difficult to connect again the video... Before was much fast to reconnect..

Papatita the only files your app use and or disturb are djiled and watchlog?

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk

Before patch i made 1,5 km and lose video
I made the patch last one first option
And at the begining was ok... But at 1km i lose connection... And just before home the video came again...
Was very difficult to connect again the video... Before was much fast to reconnect..

Papatita the only files your app use and or disturb are djiled and watchlog?

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk

that same case with me ftomas,

i'm also experience video break out then freeze and just before home the video came again but laggier and freeze alot

On the official DJI's website, P3 Standard, Advance, and Professional, CE mode is 16dbm and FCC is 20dbm.

If you force the EIRP to 27dbm you have to consider for re-match your antenna using SWR meter. If not, you will burn your tx module soon. Maybe not at current flight, but soon it will be.

16 dbm = 40 mW (CE)
20 dbm = 100 mW (FCC)
27 dbm = 501.2 mW (1/2 Watt!!)

The heat produced by internal tx modul will effect with many different behaviour to your unit. Could be strightly burn the tx modul, or might be started with slightly by damaging other moduls besides; like disconnected WiFi, decreased tx quality, slowly reduced video quality, etc.

If you all insist using 27 dbm with no re-matching antenna, then I hope everything will be okay for long lasting. At least, always set the home point before long range flight with 27 dbm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Merling
i agree with you mas Arya, like people yealling in very close talking :Lol
that's why I choose 24dBm, the default before the CE / FCC triger is 24dBm, I think it is quite enough and safe

so what you suggest antenna dBi for 27dBm ?
9dBi sufficient ?

Last edited:
On the official DJI's website, P3 Standard, Advance, and Professional, CE mode is 16dbm and FCC is 20dbm.

If you force the EIRP to 27dbm you have to consider for re-match your antenna using SWR meter. If not, you will burn your tx module soon. Maybe not at current flight, but soon it will be.

16 dbm = 40 mW (CE)
20 dbm = 100 mW (FCC)
27 dbm = 501.2 mW (1/2 Watt!!)

The heat produced by internal tx modul will effect with many different behaviour to your unit. Could be strightly burn the tx modul, or might be started with slightly by damaging other moduls besides; like disconnected WiFi, decreased tx quality, slowly reduced video quality, etc.

If you all insist using 27 dbm with no re-matching antenna, then I hope everything will be okay for long lasting. At least, always set the home point before long range flight with 27 dbm.

Nah... Who told you this lol

maybe he means more power from radio must be proportional to the antenna dBi also, because more power will cause big noise that will degrade signal quality

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing