Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

No sorry I thought you were doing a controller mod. Sorry about that

Attachments

• A2.png
    A2.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 1,444
The cables above are the ones that i need to repair or replace. Looking for a way to avoid opening up the shell and desoldering.

The cables above are the ones that i need to repair or replace. Looking for a way to avoid opening up the shell and desoldering.
Both of those cables go to antenna patch's you can see if you look in your battery box on the sides .

I just took the screws out of my board and lifted it a little bit and then wiggled them out with tweezers .I didn't de solder nothing .
If you wanted to put them back in it might be tight but there's only 2 solders you would have to do .
OMG.JPG You would also have to disconnect your 5.8 antenna cables.

Reactions: dirtybum
I just took the screws out of my board and lifted it a little bit and then wiggled them out with tweezers .I didn't de solder nothing .
If you wanted to put them back in it might be tight but there's only 2 solders you would have to do .
View attachment 52390 You would also have to disconnect your 5.8 antenna cables.
Do you think stripping the end of the wire and placing it back into the connector would work? Is the antenna just one single wire? Thanks again for all the info.

Do you think stripping the end of the wire and placing it back into the connector would work? Is the antenna just one single wire? Thanks again for all the info.
Is no problem but I have never done that or even tried as I have never needed to . Maybe someone that has can tell ya but I am no help there .
Not saying it can't be done I just never have .

The antenna wire has the shield wire and a center wire..you cant just stick the wire into the connector..looks like this..i cut this one so you can see what the inside of the wire looks like..the silver wire is like a jacket covering the center..hope this helps..im not even sure if this is what you were asking lol

Attachments

• 1463073960324.jpg
    1463073960324.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 604
Reactions: dirkclod
Hi there guys so i just bought my new dji phantom 3 standard and i'm just wondering there's many antenna upgrades for it but i'm just looking for the one that would give me a good and best result out of them all? if anyone did a poll on the best antenna upgrades let me know thanks

Hi there guys so i just bought my new dji phantom 3 standard and i'm just wondering there's many antenna upgrades for it but i'm just looking for the one that would give me a good and best result out of them all? if anyone did a poll on the best antenna upgrades let me know thanks
Hi Tom, if you want a portable light powerful antenna get the dbs itelite panel. Has a nice quick release bracket so you can take it off and on for travel. Its very forgiving aim wise and will take you great distance. And when you want more from it just add some boosters

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Tom, if you want a portable light powerful antenna get the dbs itelite panel. Has a nice quick release bracket so you can take it off and on for travel. Its very forgiving aim wise and will take you great distance. And when you want more from it just add some boosters

ANd how much more would it add to the distance would you say?

All depends on area..wide open non residential? Residential? ..your surroundings is going to play a huge roll in distance. Any where from 2000' to 11000' where i fly by my house i cant get far...theres other people here flying in open areas getting over 2 miles unboosted!! It will definitely get you way farther than stock. What type of area are you flying at and what do you get now for distance?

All depends on area..wide open non residential? Residential? ..your surroundings is going to play a huge roll in distance. Any where from 2000' to 11000' where i fly by my house i cant get far...theres other people here flying in open areas getting over 2 miles unboosted!! It will definitely get you way farther than stock. What type of area are you flying at and what do you get now for distance?

yup getting 2.3-2.4 miles can prob get a little further without all the trees

Reactions: Procharged97
Am well it is a residential area but I wouldn't really be flying here and over here in my country there's not many people flying drones so in my town there is no one that has drone so that's great and id be going out to fields with no obstacles or anything that would be in my way and maybe I'd bring it to the beach for great pictures and stuff

Am well it is a residential area but I wouldn't really be flying here and over here in my country there's not many people flying drones so in my town there is no one that has drone so that's great and id be going out to fields with no obstacles or anything that would be in my way and maybe I'd bring it to the beach for great pictures and stuff
To me the DBS mod was money well spent and well worth the extra distance....just all around stronger signal the whole time

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Tomstud12
I have a question about the dbs itelite antenna mod. When I run the wires inside, do I have to take out the existing wifi panel antenna's inside or can I leave them in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart