Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Wow. That is a hard core setup. I'm curious what is your total flying time ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

here you go

Attachments

• image-2.png
    image-2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 545
Reactions: mikep2323
Hello Again ppl so this my Range test in City with Argtek antenna Upgrade (Europe CE)
Please subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos like this enjoy.

Just bought this mod. Hope it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good luck and show us some good numbers joint :)

Reactions: jointeffort
Hello ppl this is my new range test with the ARGtek Antenna mod 70,6 height and 1802 distance..
You can also check my other videos on my channel on how to install the ARGtek kit on your phantom or other range test and videos. Thank you

Hi guys, I decided to mod my controller too, but in a very cheap way.

I bought 2 6dBi antennas for the 2.4Ghz fpv plus a 14dBi panel for 5.8Ghz.

At this moment I've tried only the 2.4Ghz with stock rc and windsurfer but it is very good, I will do a full test ASAP. The 2.4 Ghz was almost at full bars until 1-1.2km. I was not able to go farther because of the RC was dropping and I was not in an open field.

here is the video of the installation and there are also links in the descriptions for the antennas I used.

Hi guys, I decided to mod my controller too, but in a very cheap way.

Why does your antennas have the poles outside and the plate stye in the middle while the argtek has the opposite style antennas one post up? Nice job by the way - I'm thinking the same thing but want to buy the antennas with the best range.

Why does your antennas have the poles outside and the plate stye in the middle while the argtek has the opposite style antennas one post up? Nice job by the way - I'm thinking the same thing but want to buy the antennas with the best range.

I don't know why Argtek choose that configuration, I think that the panels (like the ones in the stock configuration) are more directional than the omni antennas.

Also the 5ghz wave travels less than the 2.4ghz so I got the +14dBi directional for that reason.

Before the mod I was loosing video way before the RC signal, now with that configuration and only +6dBi at 2.4ghz I've tested very good video signal at 1200-1300mt.

this is my first test

Now I'm waiting for the delivery of a +20dBi omnidirectional antenna for the RC that maybe is also better than the panel, so I will let you know how it works.

Btw I'm not looking for greater distances, I'm ok with 1500mt, so I think that my final choice will be the one that gives more stability and ease of use.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcphipps
I don't know why Argtek choose that configuration, I think that the panels (like the ones in the stock configuration) are more directional than the omni antennas.

Also the 5ghz wave travels less than the 2.4ghz so I got the +14dBi directional for that reason.

Before the mod I was loosing video way before the RC signal, now with that configuration and only +6dBi at 2.4ghz I've tested very good video signal at 1200-1300mt.

this is my first test

Now I'm waiting for the delivery of a +20dBi omnidirectional antenna for the RC that maybe is also better than the panel, so I will let you know how it works.

Btw I'm not looking for greater distances, I'm ok with 1500mt, so I think that my final choice will be the one that gives more stability and ease of use.

Exactly what I think as well.
Just like to see how far I can go with total stability.

Antenna gain is a function of beam shape.
The higher the gain the greater the 'directivity'.

Reactions: dirkclod
No worries..

No worries.. Just here to learn and also help others.. Here's my contribution..
I recently modified the birdside FPV antennas.. No need to open the shell.. Just remove the camera/gimbal assembly and take off 4 screws, pop off the covers and remove stock plugs.. plug in the u.fl to RP-SMA cables and re-assemble..

Hi there!
Where can I purchase the u.fl to RP-SMA cables? Thank you in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart