Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Thanks! My wife let me get the P3S as an early Christmas gift. I am new to the hobby but am already addicted.
And it gets worse bro :)

Reactions: mikep2323
:) Did ya try standing on one leg ? lol
Hope the itelite helps ya and Welcome to the forum :)
Do let us know here how it does :)

Thanks. This thread got me to join. If I get it before Friday I'll have it in the air Saturday and will let you know. I have a Colorado trip planned in Feb so need to break my birds separation issues before then.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've owned a P3 Standard for a month and have close to 30 flights. There hasn't been a single flight without the weak signal warning followed by connection lost and it usually happens many times in the same flight. The catch is it usually happens around 400' away and I never fly above 400' high. I'm not in beginner mode, don't have distance limits set, and have angled the lone antenna and my mouth every direction possible.

I've flown in 7 different locations and I'm sure interference is possible in any of those but the results are still well under what I expected. My longest distance by far was 750' and it was over open water before losing connection. I've seen the RTH notice over 50 times but I almost always cancel and fly home myself.

I ordered the DBS mod yesterday and already did the pre-work so I hope to have an update soon. I doubt I'll smash any records but maybe I can get the most improved award.

Hey I had the same issue and i thought it was due to the interference in my neighborhood. I ended up exchanging it for a new one (i also had a few more weird things happening with my first P3S) and i get significantly more distance.

My original P3S i had, when i opened the box, everything was all over place probably from shipping. The antenna and gimbal were both damaged and causing a lot of problems. After exchanging it for a new one, I have not had 1 disconnection.

Hey I had the same issue and i thought it was due to the interference in my neighborhood. I ended up exchanging it for a new one (i also had a few more weird things happening with my first P3S) and i get significantly more distance.

My original P3S i had, when i opened the box, everything was all over place probably from shipping. The antenna and gimbal were both damaged and causing a lot of problems. After exchanging it for a new one, I have not had 1 disconnection.

As I mentioned with mine, I can get out to about 2000 feet then I drop off. I have not been able to test outside of the city yet. Mine functions properly otherwise. Not sure if this would apply but curious. What distance are you getting regularly now?

Glad to hear yours got resolved. Mine didn't have any visible damage from shipping. Everything else works like it is supposed to but my range is just pitiful. What else should I check if I still have issues after the DBS mod? I've focused my attention on the remote but does the antenna come loose on the P3?

Glad to hear yours got resolved. Mine didn't have any visible damage from shipping. Everything else works like it is supposed to but my range is just pitiful. What else should I check if I still have issues after the DBS mod? I've focused my attention on the remote but does the antenna come loose on the P3?

Do you see the part on the top of the remote where it says "Antenna Inside Do Not Cover" on both sides? In addition to that being damaged, I was also blocking that with my tablet and putting my finger over it when flying, so that also might have contributed to my range problem.

Just ordered the DBS Mod. I am not good with the installation so I am paying for that. I am really hoping this can at least put me over a mile with stability. Will Update when it is complete.

Which website is everyone ordering the antenna for the P3S from, dbsmods.com or itelite.net? Just wanting to make sure I order from the correct vender

I ordered straight from DBS because I needed installation. You could go theu itelite I am guessing and order your own cables

Can you send your controller in to DBSmods and have them install it for you? If so how much is the total cost?

I ordered straight from DBS because I needed installation. You could go theu itelite I am guessing and order your own cables
But DBS is the one who makes the version that is purpose-modified for the P3S right? The one from Itelite is still primarily for the old Visions I think.

But DBS is the one who makes the version that is purpose-modified for the P3S right? The one from Itelite is still primarily for the old Visions I think.

Correct DBS took the ITelite kit and did their own mod to make it work. So if you go straight thru ITelite you'd have to do the same. DBS explains what he did. ITelite does not have a stand alone solution for the P3S yet.

Last edited:
It absolutely should. I know others have stated 10,000'+ with the DBS.

I am using a wind surfer right now and it gives me about 1000 more feet but my range is still only about 2200 ft.

Hoping to test the DBS next week when I get it back.
10000 with the standard or with the Pro? Please do let me know!

Do you see the part on the top of the remote where it says "Antenna Inside Do Not Cover" on both sides? In addition to that being damaged, I was also blocking that with my tablet and putting my finger over it when flying, so that also might have contributed to my range problem.

I know I wasn't putting my fingers over it but it is possible my phone was partially blocking the antenna on the left side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart