Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Looks great and ya did a great job Tom .
The hardest part I found doing these was getting the shell out of that circle at the top .
Now I've added the dipoles to my bird and gonna have to tweak them but gonna have to wait :(
Dr_-Who.gif
Can't wait till ya try it and see what ya get .

^^^^ haha. Yeah, my weather is crappy too. Bout broke the dam circle thing. No-one said anything about that locking device. Silicone wasn't friendly either.

2.4 cables came out fine, but the 5.8 broke right off the snap connector?? If it was attached, it wasn't attached very well.

Was very happy I don't have to remove to install in my backpack,,, that's a huge bonus.

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine lifted right off like that too and think that's why lots are not getting good distance's stock .
It is very compact and do like that way more the coil FPVLR stage 2 I have on my P2 .

Looks like hot glue ryback . We've been using that just to help hold the connecters down but is easy to remove if needed . Way easier than the white stuff DJI use's . Some use silicone but that looks like hot glue

Looks like hot glue ryback . We've been using that just to help hold the connecters down but is easy to remove if needed . Way easier than the white stuff DJI use's . Some use silicone but that looks like hot glue

It's really not that hard . You do have to have a little patience though . Best 130.00 mod I've ever done . The other is when we started putting P2V+ extender on P2V's for that much and didn't get near as much distance .

Last edited:
All done, very simple.

Thanks again Dirkclod, cables look great.

Even fits in my backpack with the added hacksaw MOD.

Looks nice and clean. Those blue cables are so stiff, I feel like I might stress them twisting them around so much. Is that what that screw on top of the connector is for - to rotate it?

but I think it's for assembly. I didn't try removing it
It is Tim and I wouldn't mess with it . And the cables are tougher than you think Santiego .
IMG_1640.JPG

Reactions: Santiego
Good to know. I was a little worried by the amount of force I had to use to twist and bend them. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Just be easy but ya see how I did mine and was no problem .

Reactions: Santiego
I've owned a P3 Standard for a month and have close to 30 flights. There hasn't been a single flight without the weak signal warning followed by connection lost and it usually happens many times in the same flight. The catch is it usually happens around 400' away and I never fly above 400' high. I'm not in beginner mode, don't have distance limits set, and have angled the lone antenna and my mouth every direction possible.

I've flown in 7 different locations and I'm sure interference is possible in any of those but the results are still well under what I expected. My longest distance by far was 750' and it was over open water before losing connection. I've seen the RTH notice over 50 times but I almost always cancel and fly home myself.

I ordered the DBS mod yesterday and already did the pre-work so I hope to have an update soon. I doubt I'll smash any records but maybe I can get the most improved award.

Reactions: dirkclod
:) Did ya try standing on one leg ? lol
Hope the itelite helps ya and Welcome to the forum :)
Do let us know here how it does :)

Let me know your results. I have been able to push mine to 2000' but would really like to get this thing over the mile mark or more. I am on the fence about the mods because I fly in an area with a great deal of interference often and almost all the videos I've seen are over farms or what not. I do my best to fly in safe areas but I am in Phoenix and there isn't a great deal of open area.

Looking forward to your reply!

I've owned a P3 Standard for a month and have close to 30 flights. There hasn't been a single flight without the weak signal warning followed by connection lost and it usually happens many times in the same flight. The catch is it usually happens around 400' away and I never fly above 400' high. I'm not in beginner mode, don't have distance limits set, and have angled the lone antenna and my mouth every direction possible.

I've flown in 7 different locations and I'm sure interference is possible in any of those but the results are still well under what I expected. My longest distance by far was 750' and it was over open water before losing connection. I've seen the RTH notice over 50 times but I almost always cancel and fly home myself.

I ordered the DBS mod yesterday and already did the pre-work so I hope to have an update soon. I doubt I'll smash any records but maybe I can get the most improved award.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart