Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Guys - I am so confused!

I got my P3P in December and have the following firmware:-
Ipad IOS 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
All my flights have been fine so far and being in Portugal I do not have temperature problems - ambient now circa 18DegC(65F)

I hear of problems updating to 1.6 - but a/c falling out of sky in 1.5......
Now I am hearing upgrade batteries - then downgrade bird - but then with all apparent problems seen with owners trying to upgrade and downgrade......

If 1.5 is bad why is it still on the DJI site? and if I should go to 1.4 - where can I get the bin file from?

HELP -- What do the experienced pilots recommend that I do?????

Many thanks in advance.

Guys - I am so confused!

I got my P3P in December and have the following firmware:-
Ipad IOS 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.5.70
All my flights have been fine so far and being in Portugal I do not have temperature problems - ambient now circa 18DegC(65F)

I hear of problems updating to 1.6 - but a/c falling out of sky in 1.5......
Now I am hearing upgrade batteries - then downgrade bird - but then with all apparent problems seen with owners trying to upgrade and downgrade......
BTW - I am happy with current speed.

HELP -- What do the experienced pilots recommend that I do?????

Many thanks in advance.
I recommend flying with 1.6 which is the latest firmware. It's a little slower in vertical climb speed than previous firmware but it's safe from the sudden power shut down flaw. The horizontal speed is about the same but you may notice acceleration is slower.

1.4 and 1.32 firmware is also safe from sudden power shut down.

Weird...

Some users on RCgroups claim rollback coming from 1.6 to 1.5,then 1.4, finallyn 1.3.2.....!

I would like back to 1.3.2 (drifting issues) and im on 1.5.

1.4 i have horrendus drifiting issues....

Just a quick question about the FW upgrade. Someone mentioned an Intelligent Battery upgrade in this FW upgrade. Do I have to go through the FW install twice, once with each battery?

I send my bird with new motors and MC to vendor due to vibrations on gimbal. Response is..there is no problem! I am not taking the bird from service as long as this vibrations problems are solved!!!!
That's my statment to you all my birdy friends :D

I can't seem to downgrade even to 1.4. Because I updated to v1.6?

now I'm getting mad. I have only 2 options?

take a risk on defective battery monitoring on 1.5

settle for flying like grandma with the severely crippled performance of 1.6

dji is at least letting you pick your poison.

I am so kicking myself for messing with the original v1.3.2

I will get it back. I will not give up or accept any new update that fixes one issue and introduces 2 new ones

I wonder if I can brick the firmware and get a new v1.3.2 Phanton in return under warranty?
maybe I can replace the PCB that contains the firmware? I don't care about cost, I want to make this right.

Last edited:
Weird...

Some users on RCgroups claim rollback coming from 1.6 to 1.5,then 1.4, finallyn 1.3.2.....!

I would like back to 1.3.2 (drifting issues) and im on 1.5.

1.4 i have horrendus drifiting issues....
Drifting when you try to hover?
I found the pinpoint hovering was lost when I moved away from 1.1.9 and I noticed I couldn't fly in a straight line somewhere around 1.4
Now (1.6) at least the straight line flight seems to have returned, just the hovering to go.
I think my drone has Parkinson's.

Drifting when you try to hover?
I found the pinpoint hovering was lost when I moved away from 1.1.9 and I noticed I couldn't fly in a straight line somewhere around 1.4
Now (1.6) at least the straight line flight seems to have returned, just the hovering to go.
I think my drone has Parkinson's.

After 1.4 i get drifting issues....with 1.1.9 was rock stable, 1.3.2 a little better, 1.5fw...better than 1.4....and 1.6.....don`t want have geo stuff problems...

For me the ideal would be 1.1.9 or at leat 1.3.2.

Reactions: John Decker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl