Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Would be good if someone with vibration problem could replace record a video showing gimbal etc before and after fw update

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Phantom George
There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

......darn it, where's my popcorn?

The No Fly Zone are more in effect with this firmware. Some of you may find that you will not be able to fly from where you live based on airport locations. This and the battery issue are the only differences in this update that I know of unless something is different from the beta firmware and published versions? Either way, the battery update is important.

The No Fly Zone are more in effect with this firmware. Some of you may find that you will not be able to fly from where you live based on airport locations. This and the battery issue are the only differences in this update that I know of unless something is different from the beta firmware and published versions? Either way, the battery update is important.
DJI didn't add that little 1 to their release notes....
Next fw update allows for backyard flying only

Btw, I did not see it with my location, but some of the others said that more then just airports are added in the no fly zone areas. Such as military bases, ect.

DJI didn't add that little 1 to their release notes....

It is possible that they may have removed it before the published release? Hopefully so as I do know several were not happy about it.

.....let me update my batteries on your 1.6 bird and keep my Phantom on older fw till this pans out. :cool:

It is possible that they may have removed it before the published release? Hopefully so as I do know several were not happy about it.
Is this just an update for the aircraft or the rc and go app to...cant believe it i only updated to 1.5 yesterday!! so you fully recommend updating to 1.6 then frank before i even try 1.5 version?

This may cause problems. Not only is a local approved AMA field less than 10 miles from an airport, it is a highly used military base. What happened to self permission?

Last edited:
.....let me update my batteries on your 1.6 bird and keep my Phantom on older fw till this pans out. :cool:

What version are you using, 1.3.2?

Next fw update allows for backyard flying only

Great! My city has a No-Drone law. I can only fly a drone in my yard as long as it's not capable of 'surveillance'. Meaning, legally I cannot fly a P3P with camera at all in my town (yard or not).

Is this just an update for the aircraft or the rc and go app to...cant believe it i only updated to 1.5 yesterday!! so you fully recommend updating to 1.6 then frank before i even try 1.5 version?

I'm generally hardcore about waiting before updating. But there appears to be only the differences I mentioned. The aircraft flies the same as with 1.5.3 but with the battery update. I saw numerous crashes due to the battery firmware causing the issue. You really would have needed to search the internet as I did to see the seriousness with the battery problem. So dji fixed it and none of us tester's had any issues whatsoever. Nobody complained about any part of anything during testing.

This is the 1st time I have seen the batteries update in the manner that they do with the new firmware. After you install the firmware in the a/c, power down, and just leave the microSD in, switch to your next battery and power up. The update for battery should only take some 8-10mins.

Reactions: Flyer91
Great! My city has a No-Drone law. I can only fly a drone in my yard as long as it's not capable of 'surveillance'. Meaning, legally I cannot fly a P3P with camera at all in my town (yard or not).
Which City are you referring to?

No word on vibration problems and stability problems, Frank?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

I'm generally hardcore about waiting before updating. But there appears to be only the differences I mentioned. The aircraft flies the same as with 1.5.3 but with the battery update. I saw numerous crashes due to the battery firmware causing the issue. You really would have needed to search the internet as I did to see the seriousness with the battery problem. So dji fixed it and none of us tester's had any issues whatsoever. Nobody complained about any part of anything during testing.

This is the 1st time I have seen the batteries update in the manner that they do with the new firmware. After you install the firmware in the a/c, power down, and just leave the microSD in, switch to your next battery and power up. The update for battery should only take some 8-10mins.
great advice thanks bud, think i will go straight to 1.6!!

Reactions: Flyer91
Btw, if there are additional no fly zone areas that have been put into effect, you will see them in your google map on the a/c. They will only show up based on your location in a 100-120 mile radius. In order to see anything appear beyond that you will need to move the a/c's location.

*Remember, this no fly zone stuff may have not been added. We're not going to know until someone who has not been following this thread complains.

With DJI imposing restrictions....this can get interesting. A local AMA field not only sits in the middle of state park, but 8.1 miles from active military run way.

(Before the state park comments start, yes MD has had a bunch of Leo tell guys that it's not allowed in Md state parks.)

5 miles is still the furthest distance on anything that I'm aware of other then Washington D.C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31