Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Decrease in vertical and horizontal speed? Say what?:( I like being able to fly at 30 to 34 mph. 5 mph can make a big difference if you fly long range and get caught in some air currents. When somebody has tested the new firmware, please confirm the new speed.:cool:

At first I thought you were reading it incorrectly but now I'm not so sure. It could have been worked better:

"In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection."

It's not 100% clear if that reduction only applies when the battery temp is low or all of the time. I could see it going either way.

D-D-D sounding ... I cross fingers ...
... but after 8 minutes ...

Code:
[00013166][11 00][00] v1.7.0.0 -> v1.7.15.1 need upgrade.      <--- battery updated to 1.7.15.1

The fw just update battery and an other section [03 06]

The BEST way to tell if it's done or not is to look at the green/red light on the front of the camera. If it's blinking red, wait. If it's solid green, it's done. No guess work on what you are hearing.

Reactions: Oso
So 8-10 minutes per battery. I'm guessing it's a good idea to ensure you have at least 50% charge on each before attempting the upgrade.

Did the update, left the SD card in with the .bin file and inserted my second battery, that seemed to go quickly, what confirms the battery firmware has been updated ?

I have two batteries must I do to both batteries updating? When finished with first battery turn off the phantom and turn on the second battery for update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

How do you check if the battery update has completed - does it write a log file in same way as the firmware?

Last edited:
D-D-D sounding ... I cross fingers ...
... but after 8 minutes ...

Code:
[00013166][11 00][00] v1.7.0.0 -> v1.7.15.1 need upgrade.      <--- battery updated to 1.7.15.1

The fw just update battery and an other section [03 06]
How did you get this log file ? did you plug into the P3P ?

Just done my advanced to latest firmware,also done two battery's and did the Imu and gimbal calibration. Had quick indoors flight in my kitchen and everything looks perfect, no drifting no motor wobble. I will go outside when the rain and wind stops to do a full flight test,but up to now all looking good. Touches WOOD. This is what I get now everything is bang up to date.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1450809798.414695.jpg

Last edited:
First trouble after update : iPad Air DJI Go app miserably crash ... I had to clean and reinstall it ... but it's not an fw problem ...

Had to do the same with Ipad Air 2, deleted app and reinstalled. Works fine now...

Try checking your log_ab file for an update as noted here.
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040 | Page 3 | DJI Phantom Forum
this is what I got...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

How do you check if the battery update has completed - does it write a log file in same way as the firmware?
this is what I got...

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...
That's not the log_ab file.
Look on your SD card in this path. Note that some of the folders may be hidden.

MISC/LOG/*****LOG_AB.txt

Great! My city has a No-Drone law. I can only fly a drone in my yard as long as it's not capable of 'surveillance'. Meaning, legally I cannot fly a P3P with camera at all in my town (yard or not).

I'm curious,, what city and state?

did you see that the FAA has mentioned something to local gov entities to leave the regulation of flying to them more or less.

After first p3 update, the other batteries takes 2min max each one.

Good question.

I maybe try this one, since it seems to be just a major fix to battery`s....and also decreasing vertical and horizontal speed is agood philosoph to protect the shell`s of crack`s...

I still have the idea that 1.1.9 was more soft on the speeds....

i up dated and flew through two batterys.
solid as a rock flew like an old buick.
everything was fine no problems.

Reactions: Reed L and Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers