Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

I saw this at DJI website
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 6000 m (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Can someone with new firmware confirm this? Or it is still 500 m?
393.701 feet or 120 meters-- 400 ft is the FAA max in the US which is probably standard

Well, mixed results. The craft flew. I only lifted it one foot off the ground and it drifted several feet right into a metal cabinet. There was no discernible damage, but that was the first time it ever drifted like that.
Flew Inside?? it may drift on takeoff dependent on good gps lock. or if you were inside, was the VPS on?

Well, mixed results. The craft flew. I only lifted it one foot off the ground and it drifted several feet right into a metal cabinet. There was no discernible damage, but that was the first time it ever drifted like that.
I just took it outside, lifted it just one foot, and it took off thirty feet down the yard until it ran into my shed. Don't do this update at all. I have to figure out how to undo this.

I live in Bulgaria and there is still no regulation for drones ( height, eye of sight...). So I fly up to 500 m before this update, but still didn`t updated my drone to 1.5.003. Can someone with the last update try to raise above 120 m? I want to know this, because it is important to me.

I live in Bulgaria and there is still no regulation for drones ( height, eye of sight...). So I fly up to 500 m before this update, but still didn`t updated my drone to 1.5.003. Can someone with the last update try to raise above 120 m? I want to know this, because it is important to me.
I haven't been able to go over 120 meters since 1.1.9

I just took it outside, lifted it just one foot, and it took off thirty feet down the yard until it ran into my shed. Don't do this update at all. I have to figure out how to undo this.
Well you can roll back to 1.4.x.
It's had to tell from your posts in this thread, but did you also update the GO app and controller?
What version FW was on your bird before updating to 1.5.3?
You sig say's your still using Pilot app 1.2.0...is that correct?

Were you flying inside and using GPS. Never do that. When you have poor GPS signals and possible magnetic interference you have to be proactive in your flying and it is much easier in atti.

When I fly I always T/O in atti, inside or outside, and I am ready to correct for any drift or malfunction. It give me a feel for how the MR is flying and of the winds or air currents in a building. Never relax and let the MR fly itself until you are at least 30' away from any walls trees or whatever,and be ready to take over instantly if something is not right.

I have flown big and small MRs and model Helis for years so I feel fine taking off in very tight spots but don't do it until you are very competent, and never when testing new FW or apps.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I have not crashed into anything yet flying MRs.

I haven't been able to go over 120 meters since 1.1.9

Strange. This photo is from 27.10.2015, with 1.4.0010 - 215 m above take off point

8490986W.jpg

My mistake. I should have shut both the RC and the P3P off before testing. I updated the RC first, and rebooted it, then I updated the P3P and rebooted it. But I did not reboot the RC again after upgrading the P3P.

I just took it out again and there was no drift and all the controls were tight. But ****, it is a terrible think to see that P3P just take off and accelerate on its own like that. It was going full speed. Fortunately, I started with safe altitudes and tested it in gradual steps.

Maybe I am old fashioned but I have not crashed into anything yet flying MRs.
You are not old fashioned, that is the right way to do it.

I was in atti mode when inside. I have flown inside several times already with no problems. I am certain the problem had something to do with not rebooting the controller after updating and rebooting the P3P.

I fully agree with you that it is prudent to test in small steps after doing an upgrade. I want the craft to be near the ground if something goes wrong, and it did.

You can set it above 120m. You will get the same advisory prompt as usual. Click ok and you're up and running.

Well you can roll back to 1.4.x.
It's had to tell from your posts in this thread, but did you also update the GO app and controller?
What version FW was on your bird before updating to 1.5.3?
You sig say's your still using Pilot app 1.2.0...is that correct?
I needed to update my sig, too. :) I have been staying up-to-date on the upgrades and have had no problems. As I admitted earlier, it was likely my fault for not rebooting the RC after upgrading the P3P. I think this is the first time I upgraded the controller and the drone at the same time.

I needed to update my sig, too. :) I have been staying up-to-date on the upgrades and have had no problems. As I admitted earlier, it was likely my fault for not rebooting the RC after upgrading the P3P. I think this is the first time I upgraded the controller and the drone at the same time.
Glad all is well. Happy flying.

Reactions: Volantis
I reset my altitude limit back to 500m after the update.
@Volantis,
Before flying indoors and crashing into the cabinet, have you done your Three basic recalibrations of IMU, Gimbal, & take it out side to calibrate your Compass?
I know some of you, don't bother after an update, but DJI does also recommend you redo them. ;-)
I flew my Phantom 3 with a group of fellow ERCHA members, inside a vacant aircraft hangar, last Sunday. We fly there a few times a month over the winter, when the outdoor heli flying field is rather snowed in.
The old building has Large metal doors, all metal roof, concrete floor throughout. And I never had a problem. The drone would sit and hover 10' in the air, rock steady. The other guys near me commented, how it could be hanging from a string, it was so still. ;-) That made me happy and proud to own such an awesome bit of kit. One of the other guys crashed his @dji Flamewheel 330 into the steel door and broke a leg off of it. He had also clipped the metal ceiling joists once. Most of them have multiple units they brought to fly. One fellow had five or six different heli's, a quad and even flew a couple of his planes.
But yeah, my Phantom 3 was well behaved the whole evening... Very exciting to be able to participate Amongst friends flying, their various craft.. I appreciated the comradery with fellow RC enthusiasts. Seeing the skill some practiced pilots have flying helicopters is very enjoyable and impressive to me.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I saw this at DJI website
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 6000 m (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Can someone with new firmware confirm this? Or it is still 500 m?
That's the same as it has always been.
500m limit hard-wired into the machine and a user configurable max altitude setting.

The best instructions are by Msinger here
P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware | DJI Phantom Forum

Seems you've got it right - just let it go longer
Hi Tryn. You seem to be 'in the know' with this stuff. Having issues upgrading my RC. Using the USB method, and the red light never changes colour, and after a few minutes the RC starts beeping due to lack of use. Have then used the "How To' link above to use the DJO GO method, and the 'Overall Status' is showing Normal instead of Upgrade Required. Any ideas? Thanks

before i did the upgrade i could top out at 426 feet altitude.
now after doing the upgrade it tops out at 396 feet.

Hi Tryn. You seem to be 'in the know' with this stuff. Having issues upgrading my RC. Using the USB method, and the red light never changes colour, and after a few minutes the RC starts beeping due to lack of use. Have then used the "How To' link above to use the DJO GO method, and the 'Overall Status' is showing Normal instead of Upgrade Required. Any ideas? Thanks
You can only update the RC thru the GO app. Does the overall status say normal when everything is fired up like your ready to take off? if so, confirm which firmware is installed. Look on the "about" section in the settings menu. Also, make sure your device has internet connection available

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12