Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

A solid tone indicates that the upgrade failed. Look in the hidden miceleneous folder in the logs folder and review the error log file. If you see any "not detected" items it's bricked in my opinion.
2015.11.28 10:22:41 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

I downloaded directly from dji twice with identical results... any ideas?

Very strange.

Have you formatted your SD card to exFAT?

Keep SD card absolutely clean, delete all files, format again.

Keep batteries fully charged.

Keep RC off.

Yes... clean format... rc off... batteries FULL...
attempting round 3... nothing on the card.. used the P3P to format...

After updating today and flight test. Still getting signal loss with video. Everything else was fine. The field I fly at has a cell tower about 300 ft from us. Just wondering if this is what is causing my video signal loss. I fly fix wing and other quads and only having the problem with my p3p. Kinda makes me think it's the firmware. Never had these problems when I bought it 5 months ago befor the last two updates. Really getting tired of messing with the p3p.

Yes... clean format... rc off... batteries FULL...
attempting round 3... nothing on the card.. used the P3P to format...
3rd Time was a charm... update took... there was a reminder stating that the camera requires upgrade.. that went away upon re-start.
Took it right out for a test flight... all fine and dandy...
Flight appears rock steady.. but then, it was like that before....
All is good... thanks!

3rd Time was a charm... update took... there was a reminder stating that the camera requires upgrade.. that went away upon re-start.
Took it right out for a test flight... all fine and dandy...
Flight appears rock steady.. but then, it was like that before....
All is good... thanks!
Video looking good? Any latency?

reviewing the video right now in Premiere Pro and all looks as smooth as glass... I don't note any improvement nor any degradation in video quality...
The Video while flying seemed also spot on and didn't notice any delay... no flicker... no glitching even when I sent it out just over a half mile... it may be the weather, but the video signal actually seems to remain strong over a greater distance... though I did not send it out to the point of video signal loss...
This is probably not part of the update, but I noticed that it acquires more satellites than before... I was lucky to get 10 or 11, now it's 12-14... has anyone else noticed that?

I know of a few people that could learn from your post here. WOW !!! Just WOW !!! Some people do know how to apologize. What a wonderful post and I am glad it was readily and speedily accepted.

This post should be one of this site's mandatory sticky notes at the top of the page. Many Many people, from members to moderators, could and should learn from you and this post. This site would be far better if they did.

All IMHO of course.
And I thought grown men aren't supposed to cry. (?)

Let me wipe my tears away before I respond.

Seriously, never meant to step on anyone's toes, or post stuff that was too much for the general public to see.
A few months ago, Rather blindly I shared a graphic pic of a hand that had been seriously sliced numerous times in an industrial accident. Likely a meat slicer. I ignorantly posted that pic, in a thread about hand catching our Phantom 3, after a successful flight. I never handle my larger models when the blades are still spinning. And thought that pic would be a great example of what could happen, if you ever do have an accident. I guess use your imagination. Accidents do happen, and there is no turning back.
I have never forgotten the sight (picture far too graphic posting here) of a forum friend from Helifreak.com, that had a fatal accident, with his Heli, in New York a couple summers ago.
Doing an inverted hover and auto rotation, with his large heli, a gas powered Align TRex 700.
Poor fella, dumb thumbed the radio control, pushed the throttle up instead of down, and the darn model flew straight down and killed him instantly. He was the co captain of their flying club, his father, the team captain was right there when it happened, and saw the worst sight, he will never forget. Please fly and land yours responsibly, even with our light weight drones.

We all have an awful lot to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to in our short lives. Even those of us who are afflicted with injury or disease can still have a rich and rewarding life. Having a great forum, to share in and participate on, may be one of the only satisfactions in some folks lives. It certainly brings me much of that joy. So it's all of our duties, to help make it as warm and friendly as can humanely be done. It's not up to the forum mods to babysit and feed us our favourite pablum, if we can't behave as mature adults, gentlemen and ladies included. With mostly well educated, and very well heeled pedestrians in our mix. Keep your boot heels clean guys. Hahaha

Trying to walk like a true gentleman, but often a steppingstone out of line.

I appreciate, being appreciated, who doesn't? So I wish to thank anyone who wrote me PM's or shared their kind words and thoughts in this and other forum threads.
In this crazy mixed up muddled up planet, and times We all need to be the best Us that we can be. ;-)
Make it one of your missions every day, to consciously smile at someone, and brighten their day too.
And say Thank You, it means a lot. "Thank you, so much." Mucho gracias Señor.

Now I have a few more tears to shed. It's healing, you know. Must be a secret chemical released in the brain.
Activated by our open tear ducts. Hahaha

Maybe now you will understand my happy landing feelings.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

After my failed attempts at updating, and then discovering my sad mistake, I haven't flown my bird yet. Yeah, so I'm about to highstep it outside the front door, and do that right now. Bright sunny day here.
Yikes, I Must do the drone dance, in front of all of my neighbours, oh yes. I knew this was going to be a great day. Hahaha

If I spin around like I was looking for something maybe no one will notice. ;-)

Intelligent flight Battery fully charged, radio and iPad Air Air 2 as well.
All systems are go, with two green lights flashing.

RedHotPoker

And I thought grown men aren't supposed to cry. (?)

Let me wipe my tears away before I respond.

Seriously, never meant to step on anyone's toes, or post stuff that was too much for the general public to see.
A few months ago, Rather blindly I shared a graphic pic of a hand that had been seriously sliced numerous times in an industrial accident. Likely a meat slicer. I ignorantly posted that pic, in a thread about hand catching our Phantom 3, after a successful flight. I never handle my larger models when the blades are still spinning. And thought that pic would be a great example of what could happen, if you ever do have an accident. I guess use your imagination. Accidents do happen, and there is no turning back.
I have never forgotten the sight (picture far too graphic posting here) of a forum friend from Helifreak.com, that had a fatal accident, with his Heli, in New York a couple summers ago.
Doing an inverted hover and auto rotation, with his large heli, a gas powered Align TRex 700.
Poor fella, dumb thumbed the radio control, pushed the throttle up instead of down, and the darn model flew straight down and killed him instantly. He was the co captain of their flying club, his father, the team captain was right there when it happened, and saw the worst sight, he will never forget. Please fly and land yours responsibly, even with our light weight drones.

We all have an awful lot to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to in our short lives. Even those of us who are afflicted with injury or disease can still have a rich and rewarding life. Having a great forum, to share in and participate on, may be one of the only satisfactions in some folks lives. It certainly brings me much of that joy. So it's all of our duties, to help make it as warm and friendly as can humanely be done. It's not up to the forum mods to babysit and feed us our favourite pablum, if we can't behave as mature adults, gentlemen and ladies included. With mostly well educated, and very well heeled pedestrians in our mix. Keep your boot heels clean guys. Hahaha

Trying to walk like a true gentleman, but often a steppingstone out of line.

I appreciate, being appreciated, who doesn't? So I wish to thank anyone who wrote me PM's or shared their kind words and thoughts in this and other forum threads.
In this crazy mixed up muddled up planet, and times We all need to be the best Us that we can be. ;-)
Make it one of your missions every day, to consciously smile at someone, and brighten their day too.
And say Thank You, it means a lot. "Thank you, so much." Mucho gracias Señor.

Now I have a few more tears to shed. It's healing, you know. Must be a secret chemical released in the brain.
Activated by our open tear ducts. Hahaha

Maybe now you will understand my happy landing feelings.

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker

This thread is for professional FW 1.5.30 and I notice you have GREAT FW already embedded into your kind brain.

Keep flying, we all are with you. Only warn you that eyes water can make P3 unstable and discharges batteries fast.

Look on the SD card In a hidden folder I think it's called miscellaneous and there's another error log in there look to see if any of the devices were not detected. When the red light came on did it create a steady solid tone ? At least you successfully updated I can't update or roll back now and I have no video at all.
Hi James;
The text file that I included in my post is the file from the hidden folder and shows that the update failed at module 01 00 (the camera module). The overall update failed, and the red gimbal light came on with a steady solid tone. But the odd thing is that everything connects, starts and runs properly (in my house - haven't had a chance to field test it yet), but the aircraft status says the camera needs updating, and my aircraft f/w version number is now sitting at 1.4.10+. Never had the "plus" sign before. Not sure what the camera update is all about. My P3A already had the 2.7K option from a previous update. If I have problems during my field test, I'll probably try and roll back the firmware, and try re-installing.
Edit:
Just noticed this from post #4 release notes on this thread...

The DJI GO All will display the Aircraft firmware as 1.4.10+ after the update is completed successfully.
All the screen shots I've seen show the version number as 1.5. But even though my update failed, I show the 1.4.10+ version number. Now I'm really confused.

Last edited:
This thread is for professional FW 1.5.30 and I notice you have GREAT FW already embedded into your kind brain.

Keep flying, we all are with you. Only warn you that eyes water can make P3 unstable and discharges batteries fast.

Heck yeah, all dry here. & my firmware is still veryvery firm, indeed.
Stiff In actual fact. ;-)
My first long and narrow flight went off without a hitch. Much to my joy, but not surprised. This drone has owned its air space, since our first flight together.
I did experience a bit of a fright right off though. Was flying quite high up, & A single bird, was @ the exact same plane as the drone, and I could have sworn we were in, for a head on collision.
But the smarter bird flew past the fine feathered friend, and they didn't even acknowledge one another. Sadly I wasn't recording. Big mistake on my part. Oh well, at least I now know how good the new firmware and Go app work for me. And to turn the dang camera on.
Honestly the only negative of the whole flight, cold stiff pro_digits. I think I froze all 11. ;-) Ha

One thing I want to note.
I landed at around 18%, and let the drone run on the ground, props spinning. She shut off the motors at 14% after announcing battery critical. So I brought it back in, let it warm up a bit, restarted and again! it shut off at 10% started it again, and all lights were red, so i figured why push it. Now I don't know if a low of 8% is wise?
I noticed one battery cell on the app was turning yellow from green.
Back on the charger after a cool down period on my fan.

RedHotPoker

Heck yeah, all dry here. & my firmware is still veryvery firm, indeed.
Stiff In actual fact. ;-)
My first long and narrow flight went off without a hitch. Much to my joy, but not surprised. This drone has owned its air space, since our first flight together.
I did experience a bit of a fright right off though. Was flying quite high up, & A single bird, was @ the exact same plane as the drone, and I could have sworn we were in, for a head on collision.
But the smarter bird flew past the fine feathered friend, and they didn't even acknowledge one another. Sadly I wasn't recording. Big mistake on my part. Oh well, at least I now know how good the new firmware and Go app work for me. And to turn the dang camera on.
Honestly the only negative of the whole flight, cold stiff pro_digits. I think I froze all 11. ;-) Ha

One thing I want to note.
I landed at around 18%, and let the drone run on the ground, props spinning. She shut off the motors at 14% after announcing battery critical. So I brought it back in, let it warm up a bit, restarted and again! it shut off at 10% started it again, and all lights were red, so i figured why push it. Now I don't know if a low of 8% is wise?
I noticed one battery cell on the app was turning yellow from green.
Back on the charger after a cool down period on my fan.

RedHotPoker
Nice. We know who to call when we need air superiority in Edmonton.

Reactions: JoBe
reviewing the video right now in Premiere Pro and all looks as smooth as glass... I don't note any improvement nor any degradation in video quality...
The Video while flying seemed also spot on and didn't notice any delay... no flicker... no glitching even when I sent it out just over a half mile... it may be the weather, but the video signal actually seems to remain strong over a greater distance... though I did not send it out to the point of video signal loss...
This is probably not part of the update, but I noticed that it acquires more satellites than before... I was lucky to get 10 or 11, now it's 12-14... has anyone else noticed that?

Maybe maybe it's
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448762129.905479.jpg

image.png

image.jpeg

Just do it. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
Upgraded firmware on phantom yesterday.
Upgraded app and RC today.
Chilled the bird in the fridge for 10 min. took it out and preformed an IMU calibration.
Took it outside and did a compass calibration.
Flew it up about 10 feet and did a flying gimbal calibration.
Took it to the park and flew out two batteries and she few as good as always.
Nothing bad to report. :)

This is my routine on all firmware updates.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart