Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Some fool flew his drone at the New York City Thanksgiving day parade around the balloons and millions of people that's why they need to make rules and enforce them because morons like this are ruining our hobby

I did experience the drifting problem when trying to come straight down. I was looking forward to testing this today but when I turned it on I had no video image. I attempted to upgrade the firmware and it failed with an 08 and 15 in the advanced error log which apparently are devices regarding the camera and something else. It looks like a hardware failure.

When I go to HELP and ABOUT it shows the latest firmware version but again two of the devices are listed in the error log as not detected.

Attempted to roll back to 1.4 and 1.3 but same error. The bird only had five hours of flight time on it so I'm kind of annoyed.

I did have B&H Square trade insurance so I'm going to try to get an RMA and get a brand-new one.

When I,m back in the air I'll test and see if the drift problem is gone when decending.

Regarding the other subject I live in New York and during the parade for thanksgiving some fool flew his drone around the balloons over millions of people -- he was arrested and given a summons and a fine and then released.

You say you want no restrictions no Geo fencing no height limitations but morons crash them in time square and fly them over the Thanksgiving day parade where there are millions of people that could get hurt, this is why restrictions are coming down it's not because of DJI it's because of morons that don't know how to follow simple rules and instructions and they ruin it for those of us that do follow the rules.

Its a complicated issue....and we can talk about it hours and hours....but the ideal solution would involve ask a special authorization and specify details about the flight before, also have a some kind of insurance, and for last, maybe some kind of licence attesting your skills that you are a experienced power flyer...

Even so, nothing prevents the quad can fall even by itself and hurt someone....but, like everything we do in life like driving, get out of house, fly a real plane, we start from a point that everything will goes well, and not the opposite...

Just a thought here, and i do not pretend impose my point of vue...

So far here, i had made some videos over crowd people (1 at last) and have no problems with people, authority or even organization that even saw me and even without i ask, give me special authorization to fly and movie ( car classics event).

Sorry the offtopic and happy thanksgivin everybody, from Portugal! :))

Toddzilla - There was no official info I could find when I had the same question. Your question was asked many pages ago...the three responses from members was "no, must update to 1.4.1 first, it's in the release notes". I couldn't confirm that.

That said, I didn't want to chance it. I updated today from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and then right to 1.5.3. Also updated GO app on my Ipad mini 4 (2.4.2) and Android tablet (2.4.1) and updated RC thru GO app to 1.5.7. No problems with any updates.

If you decide to update FW, don't forget to cycle your batteries thru the bird with the 1.3.2 FW on the SD card. There was a Battery FW update in 1.3.2.

Thank you, and I agree with your suggestion when updating to include FW 1.4.1. I knew about the battery update data contained in FW 1.3.2.
Did the updates last PM without incident, got 3 "success" texts...will fly this AM, good weather here in Virginia.

I started reading this post it was about the new firmware and the pros and cons of the new firmware but now it has turned into people complaining about what a company is doing with their product. If you do not like what DJI has done with their product, the software updates, the changes they have made to what the craft is capable of doing, then stop complaining, sell all your DJI products, and go out and build your own drone and put it on the market. If you don't like the way the software is going then don't use it, write your own. If you aren't capable of writing your own software then stop complaining about those who do.

Yes, I am a fairly new member but that is only because I purchased my P3P a few months ago. 97 flights, 14.5 hours, over 538,000 feet covered, but I am just getting started.

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!!!

Has anybody updated the new firmware and seen the drifting issue go away? (Sorry to make an attempt at getting this thread back on topic.)
My question exactly... the drifting issue is my only issue... guess I'll just dive in and try it out... :)

Sweden platform and work OK the update in my eyes ! Just lees stability but not to be panic

Myself and Frank are the only testers I know of that are here. I'm sure there are others. We fly untested FW and apps to make sure they work properly before they get to you. Its entirely possible to have a catastrophic crash while testing. Especially when testing newly added features. Your welcome!
"You're"

Reactions: Wilfros
Bud, How about a link instead please, that way I could go in and delete my sorry "igno-rant" selfish. I am truly Sorry about that, If I came off as arrogant or rude to you! Wasn't meant in anger or frustration, and I have no right or reason to be negative towards you or anyone else on this forum.

You now have my heart felt apology, please accept it.

RedHotPoker

I know of a few people that could learn from your post here. WOW !!! Just WOW !!! Some people do know how to apologize. What a wonderful post and I am glad it was readily and speedily accepted.

This post should be one of this site's mandatory sticky notes at the top of the page. Many Many people, from members to moderators, could and should learn from you and this post. This site would be far better if they did.

All IMHO of course.

Reactions: MJB1971
Hi all. Unboxed my P3P yesterday and still not got it off the ground. Camera updates, RC updates etc, Anyway trying to install the firmware update but not working. I formatted the card using the Go App, downloaded the BIN file and copied it onto the card, inserted the card into the P3P and turned it on (RC was off) then lots of beeps, and after about 30 seconds, constant sets of 4 beeps, two solid red LED;s and two flashing yellow LED's. Turned the P3P off after about 3 minutes as the noise of the beeps was driving me mad. Any ideas? Thanks. Txt files copied below:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin
Upgrading ...

From my experience, the update takes more than 30 seconds.
I would let it run longer and re read the intructions to make yourself that more familliar with the process.

Reactions: Monkspark
Hi all. Unboxed my P3P yesterday and still not got it off the ground. Camera updates, RC updates etc, Anyway trying to install the firmware update but not working. I formatted the card using the Go App, downloaded the BIN file and copied it onto the card, inserted the card into the P3P and turned it on (RC was off) then lots of beeps, and after about 30 seconds, constant sets of 4 beeps, two solid red LED;s and two flashing yellow LED's. Turned the P3P off after about 3 minutes as the noise of the beeps was driving me mad. Any ideas? Thanks. Txt files copied below:

Upgrading ...
Monkspark - MJB is right. it takes much longer than thirty seconds. 10 to 20 minutes usually. The beeps you here are normal. Start the update again with minimum 50% battery and put in a closet or garage if the beeps annoy you.

The only flashing lights you need to concern yourself with is the little led on the camera gimbal. it will flash alternating red and green during the update and the change to solid green when complete. Give it time.

Reactions: MJB1971
dji upgrade.png

Hi all. Having an unusual problem with the new f/w upgrade. At least I haven't come across anyone having the same issue here or on DJI's forum after checking all the update threads.
I have a P3A which was on the latest f/w version before 1.5. Downloaded the update from DJI site, extracted the .bin file. Reformatted the sd card while it was in the quad, shut down the P3A, then transferred the .bin file to the root directory on the sd card, making sure it was the only file on the card. Plugged it back into the P3, and turned it on. Update started fine and continued for about 15 minutes, at which point the gimbal light turned solid red, with a continuous tone. Tried all the usual work-arounds - re-format card, use a different card, re-download update, make sure I have the correct update for adanced (P3S, not P3X), make sure bin is rooted, glare menecingly at P3 while it's updating - all to no avail.
The log files show that the update failed and the LOG_AB.txt file shows a specific item that needed an upgrade that wouldn't do so. (see attached text file)
Now here's the unusual part. I decided to update the GO app (using Ipad mini2) and controller, which happened with no problems, and connect up to my P3 to see what would happen. Everything connected fine, and everything works as it should - all camera control functions work, motors stop and start as they should, etc. But now, the Go app is saying I need an update for my camera. (see screenshot) Also, under "about", I'm showing latest version numbers for GO and TX, but the quad update is showing 1.4+, not 1.5. (see screenshot). Haven't had a chance to fly since updating so I can't be sure if everything is working properly. I didn't think there was any changes for P3A camera, so why do I need a camera update? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.View attachment 36705 View attachment 36706
Look on the SD card In a hidden folder I think it's called miscellaneous and there's another error log in there look to see if any of the devices were not detected. When the red light came on did it create a steady solid tone ? At least you successfully updated I can't update or roll back now and I have no video at all.
Its a complicated issue....and we can talk about it hours and hours....but the ideal solution would involve ask a special authorization and specify details about the flight before, also have a some kind of insurance, and for last, maybe some kind of licence attesting your skills that you are a experienced power flyer...

Even so, nothing prevents the quad can fall even by itself and hurt someone....but, like everything we do in life like driving, get out of house, fly a real plane, we start from a point that everything will goes well, and not the opposite...

Just a thought here, and i do not pretend impose my point of vue...

So far here, i had made some videos over crowd people (1 at last) and have no problems with people, authority or even organization that even saw me and even without i ask, give me special authorization to fly and movie ( car classics event).

Sorry the offtopic and happy thanksgivin everybody, from Portugal! :))
tudo bem? sim uma questão muito complicada. Yes a complicated issue

Reactions: Mordor
Yep, I tried everything. The 16gb that came with my bird, a 32gb U3 class 10 sandisk extreme plus , a 64gb U3 class 10 sandisk extreme plus, each formatted on the bird. I also tried formatting each on my MAC in exfat, as well as on my windows PC, but all of the updates still failed. A red light with the solid noise was the end result each time.
Have you fixed this issue... ? I'm updating right now and it's making a solid noise with no apparent progress... 23 minutes and still running, how long should I wait before giving up and shutting down?

Have you fixed this issue... ? I'm updating right now and it's making a solid noise with no apparent progress... 23 minutes and still running, how long should I wait before giving up and shutting down?
A solid tone indicates that the upgrade failed. Look in the hidden miceleneous folder in the logs folder and review the error log file. If you see any "not detected" items it's bricked in my opinion.

LOL Not if your eyesight can read Portuguese

Espero que por aqui toda e qq legislação fique em aguas de bacalhau....Abraço do Porto.

Sorry the offtopic in Portuguese.....im still waiting my bird came fromGermany, and im curious if they "upgrade" to 1.5....

More feedback of 1.5 people!

Upgrading ...

Let the update proceed until the little light on the gimbal stays green (it was flash red-green during the update). Ignore the beeps. My update took nearly 1/2 hour. (The beeps will change pattern, but the light is pretty obvious.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z