phantom 3 advanced battery mod question everyone read this!!

Had a look at the genuine one and it is OOS. Do you know of any that are in stock?
Nope, but Handtec are the cheapest in the U.K. and they do get stock every few weeks. You can put your email in their website and they'll let you know when they're in stock. I've bought two from them, they are OEM and the price includes next day delivery.

So I watched the video. You have a wire cut (maybe two) to the battery and you expect the controller to report everything is OK? Sheesh. If you can't figure THAT out, don't go modding the pack.

no the reason i cut the wire is to discnnect the battery from the pcb , and also connect it direct to the led to show the battery is working fine.
the battery is not buldgy so the battery is healthy.

when trying to turn on battery by pressing button the led shows 1 light then turns off this shows their maybe 1 battery cell pack damaged or the pcb is damaged so right now am de soldering each 1 and diagnosing the problem , after all battery legs are disconnected from board i will connect it 1 by 1 and turn the board on to se if it works.

last thing i will do is change the pcb board.

if u look at vide the battery cell packs has no pcb to them so u can just solder it out of their and replace it with any brand of your choice the main thing that needs to be thier is the pcb board so dji thinks its original simple as that.

people that has less electronic knowledge will just send the battery to dji or bin it , in that case u should not i wanted to bin it but then i opened it and checked everything with battery was fine , just minor problem that can get this battery working and fixed again.

if i connect this battery direct onto my drop 100% it will work i know but first am working to se what is the cause of this auto shut down since nobdy on youtube has found a fix so i will look forward to find a fix or maybe others can do this is simple easy fix

watch this video similar to what i am explaining how to de solder them and just add good ones simple

ok de soldiered all of the battery tested every single one of the battery with led light it works.

the pcb board on the battery may be defect and a replacement may get this up and running again ,il post more update

this is the board , how ever i googled the image of it to save me from taking snap then uploading.

it looks like maveric uses same pcb batter board also
img_1479444842-337038-jpg.68931

this is the board that is defect bad a replacment of that will fix the problem.

1: i will examin all pcb parts.
2: try and test with new battery packs and se how the current board reacts.

i know its this pcb board gone

You can't operate the controller with less than 4 batteries connected. You must have them all connected. They operate in series, not parallel. Yes, all leads are connected to the PCB, but that's for monitoring and balancing charge.
Also these are not standard LiPo batteries. They have a bit higher top voltage so if you connect standard LiPOs, you probably will overcharge them and could cause a fire.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl