Phantom 2 VISION + WIFI

Hello
If you replaced the wifi unit, than your QR code on box and phantom will no longer work!
You MUST MANUALLY type In the 6 digit code ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) it is printed on top of wifi unit
Do not use ANY other codes!

Turn on extender wait until you see phantomxxxxxx on your phone, press the RESET button on extender until both lights light up, then release button, wait until you see phantomxxxx again on phone, now open app
Choose SETTINGS, then choose BINDING,
Now manually type in code from wifi unit,
Click blue check top right ( if prompted? )
Wait until range extender resets itself a second time, hook phone to extender, open app, choose CAMERA, you should have FPV!
Also check your PREVIEW QUALITY setting, if high, try lowering it by one, then test, if no lower it again, test, ect to lowest setting!

Can you please tell me exactly what happened?

What lights you see on app, ect. Can you take pics/video just no feed? What color light is on gimbal ( red/yellow/green? )
Is gimbal working?
Thanks

J Dot
:cool:

Hey!

1.I turned on the rc then wifi and phantom!
2.Pres reset button,for reset wifi
3.On phone shows phantom xxx
4.Chose phantom xxx(Thats wifi extender?)
5.Connected
6.Get in app
7.Settings
8.Binding
9.Set maual MAC adress
10.Click blue check

I bought new wifi extender RE700

Now in phone is no more name wifi phantomxxx,only FC200 but unable to connect!

Not works:(

Gimbal works
On camera is green light

OH ok,
I thought wifi unit in bird.

Ok
Turn on RE700, wait 1 minute,
Press and hold reset button until both lights light is and release!
Wait for signal on phone
( what do you see? )
Phantomxxxxxx or fc200?

Ok
The MAC address is printed on the belly of phantom ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) you'll want those 6 numbers when you bind, NOT NUMBERS ON EXTENDER!

If you get phantomxxxx go into app and bond with numbers on belly of phantom ( or scan the QR code ) either way, the sticker is on belly under battery opening.

Try this and let me know!
J Dot

Reactions: Mark The Droner
When i turned ON only RE700,and reset- i see on the phone phantomxxxx and its conected.

Ok now binding the camera...when binded,the name phantomxxx disappears from wifi list,and then shows only the fc200-It is attempting to connect , but does not connect

I do not understand why when BIND requires wifi network for fc200 password??

When I bought it , I have not tested if it works .
When I brought it home, but could not connect .
I worked step by step , until I came to the binding process , and to network fc200 which require a password.
Dealer told me some kind of password, but only connects .
As far as watching YouTube , you do not need to enter a password .

THANX FOR HELPING:)

Last edited:
so must buy new wifi in phantom too....bad!

Not yet,
I saw something somewhere where you could reset extender to default settings, but now I cannot find the thread. Try to search RESET EXTENDER, on YouTube!

Maybe we can get back phantomxxxxx and get rid of fc200 or whatever it's doing!

J Dot

I'm experiencing a similar problem,
Lost FPV on my plus, replaced wifi module ( in bird ) , nothing, so replaced camera with a new one, now I can connect to extender, but after I bind , can no longer connect to extender ( says unable to join phantomxxxx network ) if I press reset again, it connects, but when I bind, no connection! So I'm looking for a solution now!

J Dot

It is possible to link fc200 requires a password ? Or it should not be protected ?

Pom not sure what is going on with it, I've never seen fc200 on phone before? Unless someone renamed the extender, you should not be able to see fc200 Mac addy at all it is supposed to be hidden?

Jd

Hello !

Probably Previous owners something changed about that.
There is probably something changed .
But I do not know what could have changed

Probably have a hidden security settings . By the previous owner changed . Therefore , I have problems .
And I have to replace my wifi...****!

Not sure if that is the fix?
As I have several extra extenders, and have tried several different with same results? ( my problem is different than yours ) but similar!

I've come to the conclusion it's a firmware problem! I was reading through DJI's ( help threads ) they said if any firmware is off, could cause these issues ( like old camera firmware with new phantom firmware ) stuff like that, so that is what I'm doing today, testing firmware comparability. Only road I have not traveled yet! I put a v2 camera on a v3 craft ( should have been fine ) but I'm going to upgrade fc200 firmware ( have you done this? )
Using SD card , and .BIN FILE! Unlike the vision ( non plus ) you MUST RENAME THIS FILE, for it to take. Searching that now!

Will be back.

J Dot

Yep
Just upgraded everything, still same, I'm lost! Lol I can bind but after reset no extender can be found, if I turn phantom off, extender comes up?
Gone through, 2tx's, 3extenders, 2 wifi modules, 2 cameras,? Not sure what to try next!

J Dot

Figures, lol
Still looking for solution other than spend $25 on litchi! Will stay in touch!
Watching YouTube, learning a LOT, just not what we need! But that is a given!

Be back in a bit

J Dot

Someone told me litchi works, but I don't want to spend the $25

Can you do me a favor?
Follow these steps EXACTLY
1) turn on extender ONLY
2) wait 45-50 seconds
3) turn on Tx & phantom
4) wait 45-50 seconds
5) hook phone wifi to extender
6) open app
7) see if you have feed?