Phantom 2 VISION + WIFI

If you reset the extender ( no phantom or Tx on ) just extender and phone

Does it come up phantomxxxxx?
And are those last 6 numbers ( I put x's ), are they the same as sticker on back of extender?

If so open app try to bind to camera wifi ( sticker on phantom belly )
Scan code or type in

Turn off extender

Then follow rules above

Forgot to add ( turn ON airplane mode, then turn ON WIFI on phone, then follow steps above!

Jd

when reset the extender than come up phantomxxx

Yes its the same!

when binded,disapears network phaantomxxx,and thats it.
Trying that you say...no differents

Last edited:
Don't always rely on the sticker on the bird. If the internal wifi module has been replaced then chances the sticker may have not be updated with the correct QR sticker.
Please download a wifi analyser on Android. Turn on both the phantom and the RE700 and start the app. Swipe and look for the screen show up with MAC address details. The weaker wifi is the bird side. Record the last 6 characters of the Mac address. Use the MANUAL binding method and key in the last 6 characters of the bird's wifi. Record this number and stick it on the Phantom.

On a side note, if you accidently connect to the wifi module (connecting to the hidden SSID), your FPV/wifi will connect for 10 secs, disconnect and then reconnect. Make sure you connect your phone to the RE700.

Hey thanx!

When i open the phantom, ther must be the sam mac adr on the wifi module and on phantom stickers? If so, then is ok...

Wil try today!!

Tnx

Last edited:
Hey Mako,
We hook to extender initially, then press reset, wait again till it hooks up, then do binding procedure through app, shows successful, then extender resets itself again, here is the problem, your phone won't pick up extender after its bound to wifi module, phantomxxxx never comes back up, it did come up once for me ( with bird off ) I turned bird on, phantomxxxx disappears again, I did hook up once ( but got connection to phantom failed ) now I can't hook at all. New wifi module, new camera, new cables, new ribbon cable, all firmware a up to date even iPhone, no luck!

I'm lost!

J Dot
:cool:

I try with Android wifi analyzer .
The numbers are the same as on a ticket under phantomom ..

THATS SUX!

Found a way to roll back to earlier version of any Apple iTunes app, have gone back 3 updates ago, gonna keep going back until it works or I give up, but still no go! But I'll get it soon enough

J Dot

@J Dot litchi for the phantom 2 vision is free on the playstore

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is that for android?
$25 for iOS, at App Store.
I do have an android tablet, Thanks for the heads up! A+ my friend!
I heard that FPV works through litchi , but not through vision app?
I reverted back to EVERY version of app, until first app that included plus models 1.0.41, I believe. Still nothing, but I'm not getting telemetry either when jumping wifi modular wire to cam port? But wifi module is good, came off a working craft? Just weird stuff, but I have about 30 more possibilities, next cables! Then ............to be continued! I'm going to get to the bottom of this!

J Dot

I found the problems with mine are in the camera, as I got a working camera, and all my wifi modules hook up, so I'm thinking ribbon cables, even though I replaced them, maybe they were not inserted correctly, or damaged? So going to try another ribbon tonight, 3 cameras all done by the same thing, 5 wifi modules, 1 burnt out, other is failing, other 3 work beautifully, so back to the drawing board.either motherboard in camera, camera board or ribbon cables? Will let you know.

J Dot
:cool:

For your info, Litchi for Phantom 2 Vision + is now FREE! (at least on Android)

Hope this helps ..

Hey guys I've been watching your posts and I've been having the same problem myself and I think I might've found an issue to our problem. Just like you I have replaced pretty much everything including the Wi-Fi transmitter, I decided to throw my old 2.0 camera on it and it Worked!! My 3.0 has the newer firmware on it I think it's 1.3 .0 and the 2.0 camera has 1.2.5.. I'm not 100% sure that is the issue my other camera could have a bad ribbon cable but it did with no problem last year. What I am going to do is throw in the old Wi-Fi transmitter and see if that works too so stay posted. I hope this helps all of you
--Danny

I believe mine is a bad gimbal mainboard, as I bought a working p2v+ to test with, 3 of my 5 wifi modules work fine, 2 bad ( 1 ver2, and 1 version 3 ) version 2 was visibly burnt, ver 3 looks fine, but does not work. Ok of my 3 cameras ( all no FPV 2 with green lights one with red. None worked with any wifi modules, but when I put working camera on it works. So I ordered a new mainboard I'll keep you informed, I don't want to tear working unit apart ( because my luck it won't work again ) lol.
Should have new board tomorrow or Monday! But will DEFINATELY keep you posted!

I tried ribbon cables, complete new wiring kit, several wifi units, several extenders, several devices ( iOS and android ) even try litchi, as well as downgraded app to earliest version, no dice, so last thing is either bad main board in gimbal or bad camera board ( the board the lens attaches to )

But looking forward to your findings

J Dot
.:cool:

Nice work!! You may be correct!! Like I said before I got the 2 cameras well the one that works has a worn axis so it keeps coming out of adjustment so instead of doing what I was going to do and just replacing the Wi-Fi transmitter with my old one I used the main board from the working camera and mounted to the camera (with the ribbon cable).. Well the ribbon cables good but I'm assuming since to different version cameras that's why I have no gimbal movement and it beeps but I got FPV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20