Phantom 2 Vision WIFI mods

Re: Phantom 2 Vision WIFI

I redesigned my antenna mount. I will post a picture shortly. It fits in the case now ;-)

Quick question on the TX of the controller. What is better for range (The RX is the ibcrazy 5 lobe and 1 stock wire antenna):

-A ~10dBi patch

-The 5.8ghz three lobe ibcrazy clover leaf

Ok, here are some pics of the final design. I will probably make another version that mounts a booster and voltage regulator.

This is flexible and made from strong ABS. So, it does bend forward to fit in the case now. There is a lock on the 2.4gHz mount to make it rigid in flight. I engraved "CALL IF FOUND" and my number on it.

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 958
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 969
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 932

bonedoc said:
Ok, here are some pics of the final design. I will probably make another version that mounts a booster and voltage regulator.

This is flexible and made from strong ABS. So, it does bend forward to fit in the case now. There is a lock on the 2.4gHz mount to make it rigid in flight. I engraved "CALL IF FOUND" and my number on it.

Awesome!

Latest update on my Wi-Fi repeater. Charged it fully one week ago. Yesterday, I checked the battery again (did not put it on for 6 days) and it took me 60 minutes to get it back to full power!!!

So, guys, please, always charge your Wi-Fi repeater immediately before you fly, otherwise, you will surely have problems with the range and/or with your DJI app. This is probably more relevant than the 2.4GHz antennas you might use for your FPV.

Alternatively, charge your Wi-Fi repeater while you are using it.

Try one of these external battery chargers, for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200988206233?ss ... 1497.l2649 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/140956790897?ss ... 1497.l2649

Well, I was able to test everything today with my helix antenna. I was VERY impressed. I actually dont know my range because I was too excited watching the new video, not to mention nervous.

I put a lot of thought into mounting the helix antenna. I didnt want to lug around a tripod, and I wanted the controller to fit into the case. So, I came up with this. You can mount it to any helix antenna. The one in the picture is the huge 12"+ ibcrazy helix, and it feels just fine!

All you have to do is mount it to the helix with a single wing nut and hang it on the chrome controller mount. It only takes a couple seconds to put on / take off.

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 700
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 685

bonedoc said:
Well, I was able to test everything today with my helix antenna. I was VERY impressed. I actually dont know my range because I was too excited watching the new video, not to mention nervous.

I put a lot of thought into mounting the helix antenna. I didnt want to lug around a tripod, and I wanted the controller to fit into the case. So, I came up with this. You can mount it to any helix antenna. The one in the picture is the huge 12"+ ibcrazy helix, and it feels just fine!

All you have to do is mount it to the helix with a single wing nut and hang it on the chrome controller mount. It only takes a couple seconds to put on / take off.

Looks great !! You going to sell these, or just one for personal use? Just curious. I could be your first customer :)

Hey guys recently I have a problem a loosing a wifi signal. I get like to feet away and it just drops. I haven't had any crashes so I'm not sure why it started all of a sudden. I tried doing the Wifi repeater mod and that didn't change a thing. Any thoughts?

Venom93corba said:
Hey guys recently I have a problem a loosing a wifi signal. I get like to feet away and it just drops. I haven't had any crashes so I'm not sure why it started all of a sudden. I tried doing the Wifi repeater mod and that didn't change a thing. Any thoughts?

Would need some more info
To feet
Like two ft ?

Oops sorry. Like 10 feet. And it cuts in and out flights. It's never done that before.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

Oh and a key piece that I might have forgotten. I recently sent it a way to ragecams for the flat lens install. It worked perfect the whole time before that then when I got it back all the WiFi issues started

Venom93corba said:
Oh and a key piece that I might have forgotten. I recently sent it a way to ragecams for the flat lens install. It worked perfect the whole time before that then when I got it back all the WiFi issues started

seems like you found the issue. :geek:

Yeah but all they did was take the lower half of the camera off and replace the lens. He said they don't touch the electronics at all. It just seems weird that it won't connect the moment I get it back.

Venom93corba said:
Yeah but all they did was take the lower half of the camera off and replace the lens. He said they don't touch the electronics at all. It just seems weird that it won't connect the moment I get it back.

seems someone else here had the same issue.

I'm not trying to say Ragecams ****** it all up but it sucks that I paid $550 and I no longer have usable wifi. But what I do record is awesome. I'll figure it out its no biggie.

Venom93corba said:
I'm not trying to say Ragecams ****** it all up but it sucks that I paid $550 and I no longer have usable wifi. But what I do record is awesome. I'll figure it out its no biggie.

If it was me, I would have it boxed up and on it's way back. Because if you dismantle it they will say you did it most likely.

There's 2 small ufl plugs that may have not been snapped back in place.

Well I talked to Dennis this morning and he is sending me out a New, tested Ragecams modded camera to see if this fixes my issue. My issue i'm having is the wifi keeps dropping after 10-30 seconds which makes the DJI app and camera useless. Dennis has been great to work with so far I just hope that we can resolve this issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing