Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Re: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Jesolins said:
Hi,
Thanks for the offer. Please don't take my discussions on this against you. You were one of the reasonable DJI Vision Plus flex ribbon cable sellers :cool: The Gents working on this have already made the Eagle files for printing. Be patient.
Cheers,
Jim
DDMSteve said:
Then please make some. I will buy them from you if you can make them as cheap as you are saying. I will find a way to get you a ribbon cable if you are able to produce these at the costs you are stating.

So, to get this straight: You're saying that we will be able to buy ~10$ ribbon cables soon?

Hi T
It is never soon enough is it, but yes. There are many Gents and Vendors that will make this happen. The ribbon cable might not be your only problem though and that is not a pleasant surprise for those who are getting ripped off with these DJI Vision Plus flex ribbon cables.
Cheers,
Jim
Trazor said:
Jesolins said:
Hi,
Thanks for the offer. Please don't take my discussions on this against you. You were one of the reasonable DJI Vision Plus flex ribbon cable sellers :cool: The Gents working on this have already made the Eagle files for printing. Be patient.
Cheers,
Jim
DDMSteve said:
Then please make some. I will buy them from you if you can make them as cheap as you are saying. I will find a way to get you a ribbon cable if you are able to produce these at the costs you are stating.

So, to get this straight: You're saying that we will be able to buy ~10$ ribbon cables soon?

Jim,

I think you are full of it. Name a Gent or Vender (sic) that will "make it happen".

RB

RB,
Wow thanks....not you(sic) obviously... :roll:
Cheers,
Jim
RedBaron said:
Jim,

I think you are full of it. Name a Gent or Vender (sic) that will "make it happen".

RB

Hello all,

I own an Phantom 2 vision plus with the broken camera pin and the broken camera ribbon cable. I am trying to repair the camera gimbal but until then i have removed the gimbal + camera from the Phantom.

If i use the App to connect to the Phantom it shows that it cannot connect to the camera, this i understand because i have detached the camera. I expected not the see the camera image but was expecting to see all the other telemetry information like battery status, height, speed, gps etc.

Is it normal that i can't see all the telemetry info with the camera and the gimbal removed or is there more broken then "only" the gimbal and the cable? Is there anyone who has the Phantom info in the App without the camera and gimbal installed? And if so, how do i make the info available?

RvD said:
Hello all,

I own an Phantom 2 vision plus with the broken camera pin and the broken camera ribbon cable. I am trying to repair the camera gimbal but until then i have removed the gimbal + camera from the Phantom.

If i use the App to connect to the Phantom it shows that it cannot connect to the camera, this i understand because i have detached the camera. I expected not the see the camera image but was expecting to see all the other telemetry information like battery status, height, speed, gps etc.

Is it normal that i can't see all the telemetry info with the camera and the gimbal removed or is there more broken then "only" the gimbal and the cable? Is there anyone who has the Phantom info in the App without the camera and gimbal installed? And if so, how do i make the info available?

I was told the aforementioned is inside the camera/gimbal. Without it, you don't see anything.

Just removed the entire gimbal assembly and installed only the PCB.

It works !!! Can see battery charge, wifi strenght, height, groundspeed, Satelites, Battery status of extender. Tomorrow i will see if i have the options for autonomous flight as well. Now it is time to go to sleep ;-)

Thanks for the hint, this was what i needed. :D

Info: Were you normally see the image of the camera you now see the message to remove the locking of the camera. (Naza mode, don't know if this is the same in Phantom mode).
If you see the message that the connection has been lost, be careful then the information that you see is not the realtime info but the last known info. Screen is not updated. You would expect the values to go to zero if there is no connection but they don't.

RvD said:
Just removed the entire gimbal assembly and installed only the PCB.

It works !!! Can see battery charge, wifi strenght, height, groundspeed, Satelites, Battery status of extender. Tomorrow i will see if i have the options for autonomous flight as well. Now it is time to go to sleep ;-)

Thanks for the hint, this was what i needed. :D

Info: Were you normally see the image of the camera you now see the message to remove the locking of the camera. (Naza mode, don't know if this is the same in Phantom mode).
If you see the message that the connection has been lost, be careful then the information that you see is not the realtime info but the last known info. Screen is not updated. You would expect the values to go to zero if there is no connection but they don't.

You can use Groundstation. This may be of interest:

wharfbanger said:
Below is a photo showing how I mount the Canon S100 to my spare gimbal base plate. Note the white bottle cap provides a flat surface for mounting. I would suspect the spare base plates are going cheap given the incidence of smashed cameras.

Rubber bands are fairly high-tech but have not let me down yet :cool:. The nice thing about the S100 is that it has a built in GPS for geo-tagging the photos. The S100 is sort of an industry standard camera for aerial mapping with UAV's. The S100 used in conjunction with the V2+, Vision App Groundstation and Agisoft Photoscan will give you a georeferenced aerial orthophoto (kml) or 3D surface model (tif) with very little fuss. Pretty decent when you consider that some of the commercial options run into the 10's of thousands.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27003

I will be looking into Groundstation tonight.

The idea of using an compact camera (with rubber band) is a good idea. I have an compact camera which i can use so will try that this week or weekend. Of course i still hope to be able to repair the camera + ribbon cable but until that moment it is an alternative.

The 3D part was new to me. Thanks for the idea :D

Any news about that ribbon cable ?

Imagine how many P2V+ owner who now only have a P2 with a crazy camera hanging underneath (myself included)

I also see that atkdrones are backordered on this, so someone with the knowhow should really get the production going.

At this point it seems unlikely that DJI will offer these any time soon. Until then I would suggest that you use the services offered by ATK Drones: http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2 ... le-service

For $150 they will replace your cable and repair the camera assembly. That is a pretty good deal and they have a high success rate as long as the camera isn't totally mangled (broken motor shafts, etc).

DDMSteve said:
At this point it seems unlikely that DJI will offer these any time soon. Until then I would suggest that you use the services offered by ATK Drones: http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2 ... le-service

For $150 they will replace your cable and repair the camera assembly. That is a pretty good deal and they have a high success rate as long as the camera isn't totally mangled (broken motor shafts, etc).

...aaaaand done! No way DJI is getting my money with their crappy customer service.

So my DJI guy says new cables are on the way. He didn't have any... but maybe the policy is changing? Have to wait a bit and see.

Looking forward to seeing someone selling some cables. I'm a happy supporter! Who wants my $30?

I picked up a crashed Vision Plus and camera with a broken cable. I also purchased a cable from ATKDrones which arrived quickly and looks like better quality than the original. It took this old man a while to install it but I did. I started the install at the bottom connection then on to the motor for the camera then the loop around the camera connection and worked my way up to the top. Not that difficult. Hey DJI I was able to do it so don't say it can't be done.

RedBaron said:
I picked up a crashed Vision Plus and camera with a broken cable. I also purchased a cable from ATKDrones which arrived quickly and looks like better quality than the original. It took this old man a while to install it but I did. I started the install at the bottom connection then on to the motor for the camera then the loop around the camera connection and worked my way up to the top. Not that difficult. Hey DJI I was able to do it so don't say it can't be done.

Nice to see a positive post like that! [emoji106]

I just heard from my dealer about the DJI camera cables. He said that DJI would be making them available by special request. The only thing is they will be at least TWICE as expensive as the high quality cables you can get from ATKDrones. (this is an unsolicited testimonial). :)

RB

My gimbal started the 7000km journey to Salt Lake City from Norway yesterday, fingers crossed ATKdrones will be able to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka