Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Re: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

No updates. if there are ever updates the OP and thread will notify of any changes.

djiphantom99, the GoPro already allows for 4K resolution as well as 2.7K and 1440P. The RTH feature should be viewed more as a failsafe rather than something like the "sleep/awake" button on your phone. It will always be better to fly it home and land it yourself.

Gents,
Warning!
Don't buy any of these over-priced Ebay DJI Vision+ flex ribbon cables unless you like getting ripped off. This type of ribbon cable is relatively easy to copy and manufacture. They are no more than $7ea wholesale when made in bulk. Have patience. They will be available.
Suggestion:
If you can't wait then your money is better spent on a 3rd party gimbal and Go Pro or equivalent. Then when the flex cable is available at a reasonable price you will have a backup camera and gimbal system.
Cheers,
Jim

Jesolins said:
Gents,
Warning!
Don't buy any of these over-priced Ebay DJI Vision+ flex ribbon cables unless you like getting ripped off. This type of ribbon cable is relatively easy to copy and manufacture. They are no more than $7ea wholesale when made in bulk. Have patience. They will be available.
Suggestion:
If you can't wait then your money is better spent on a 3rd party gimbal and Go Pro or equivalent. Then when the flex cable is available at a reasonable price you will have a backup camera and gimbal system.
Cheers,
Jim

I second that sentiment. In due time these parts will be available. Already one aftermarket cable is being made and sold for $85, which is still a very high price. If DJI makes them available, they will be less than $25. I'd feel pretty silly if I paid $249 for a $10 cable and then found out a month later they are selling for $20.

I just ordered the $85 cable after DDMSteve commented on the quality, flexibility, and experience of ATKdrones.com. You may or may not find cheaper cables but if you think you want to wait until DJI offers them to the public may be a long time and look at all the fun you missed waiting to fly. Maybe the ingenuity of people like ATKdrones might give DJI a wakeup call when they see the consumer turn to other avenues to get help.

I contacted Ryan Xing in marketing and sales with DJI and explained my feeling which I am sure has been echoed by many others.

He replied with " Thanks very much for your information and suggestion.

Yes, the one now is selling on ebay is fake, because, so far, the ribbon cable is not available to order, actually, the ribbon cable is very hard to replace, mostly, the replacement by most of dealers caused the whole damage on the Gimbal, but if sending back to DJI support center for repair, will cost just around 100 USD.

If you really need the ribbon cable, you can make application to your sales representative.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ryan Xing
Sales & Marketing Dept.

So I think we should hold off in bad mouthing others that are trying to provide a reasonable service. I would not condone those that exploit the situation and are charging exuberant prices ($200-$250). I would suggest everyone should boycott such actions by the individual preying to fellow flyers even if his product is the real deal!!

RB

Mori55 said:
Sorry 85.00 is BS.

I agree. There is really no R & D involved here, so the only cost is making the cable by copying what DJI did. DJI is charging less than $25 for the cable when supplied to dealers.

That cable has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25490

I have also replied in that thread:

I am willing to verify that these cables do exist. These are guys that have fixed more complex things on Phantoms than I have gotten my hands dirty with. They are actually local to us at DDM in Salt Lake. They regularly come down to get different parts and pieces for Phantoms that they are fixing. They stopped by today and showed off the cable. They look to be made very nicely and seem to be a little more flexible compared to the original DJI cable.

For those that are grumping about the price of the cable and the cost of shipping, etc. these would have a really high cost of manufacturing so I understand their need to charge the price that they do. Their goal is like anyone else - sell as many as they can. The way to do that is to get a lower price point, $85 is the point that it makes sense for them. For shipping costs, sending mail international has risen over the past two years to more than double of what it used to be. In order for customer to receive products quickly and verified with tracking info the minimum they are charging basically what it costs them to ship. Either way it looks good and should be a wake up call that these products are needed and it is cool that others are working for viable solutions to DJI's non-response on getting more available.

The challenge comes from the economies of scale in what they can produce. They are likely not able to produce as many as DJI so the cost per unit will be much more costly. These are also manufactured in the US. For now it is a great option for those with undamaged cameras that have only a broken ribbon cable.

Gents,
Actually they are more like less than $7ea wholesale. For examples the DJI Zenmuse HD-3D flex cable, which is available and being sold, can be found for under $5. If you search Aliexpress for flex ribbon cables, you will find many larger and much more complicated ribbon flex cables for under $10. Don't get ripped off by these current DJI cable scams. Be patient. These will be available eventually at a reasonable cost. Keep in mind that they are not simple to replace for a tech challenged individual, but those who have been around the PCB circuits can easily replace this ribbon. There are videos becoming available too. You might also have to re align the motor axis potentiometers and straighten the arms, but all doable with care and attention to detail.

I've managed to fix over a dozen of these to 100% even by doing micro soldering surgery on the ribbon cables.

Cheers,
Jim

Jstic said:
Mori55 said:
Sorry 85.00 is BS.

I agree. There is really no R & D involved here, so the only cost is making the cable by copying what DJI did. DJI is charging less than $25 for the cable when supplied to dealers.

Gents,
For the knowledgeable DIYer with an eagle file of the Vision plus ribbon cable which is easily made, these can be printed on sheets of Pyralux copper clad laminate and then etched and finished with connector edging and protective covering and will cost $5 for the copper sheet which will produce upwards of 12 cables each and about 1 hour to finish them all and test. Yes this is capitalism and it seems to be the tendency of some in this hobby to rip others off. Do the math and 10,000% profit is quite obscene.
Cheers,
Jim

Then please make some. I will buy them from you if you can make them as cheap as you are saying. I will find a way to get you a ribbon cable if you are able to produce these at the costs you are stating.

JIM, JIM, JIM!!!
Wow, 10000% profit. Do the math you said. Apparently you flunked that course or you should show us the formula on how you arrived at that number.

If they are so easy to duplicate and cheap to make how come I can only find one third party company providing a quality product and also reasonable service costs???? Show me how to make them and I will sell them on eBay at only 100% markup!

RB

Several DJI Venders were sent dozens of ribbon cables for free and then a few of them then sold them at a ridiculously huge profit. That is BTW a whole lot more than !0,000%!

To those who are not wanting to pay way too much, be patient as these Vision Plus flex ribbon cables will be made available by several honest sellers at less than $10.
Cheers,
Jim

Hi,
Thanks for the offer. Please don't take my discussions on this against you. You were one of the reasonable DJI Vision Plus flex ribbon cable sellers :cool: The Gents working on this have already made the Eagle files for printing. Be patient.
Cheers,
Jim
DDMSteve said:
Then please make some. I will buy them from you if you can make them as cheap as you are saying. I will find a way to get you a ribbon cable if you are able to produce these at the costs you are stating.

Off-topic... Before I spend $700 on a new camera, do any of you offer assistance on fixing mine before I replace it? The ribbon cable is intact. Just has that death shake on the camera. [emoji106]

Hi Y,
I presume a hard-landing preceded this? Check the roll axis arm/motor for looseness and uneven fit. That indicates that the motor shaft has become loose making it unable to calibrate its position properly on startup. A motor shaft on any axis that is partially out of calibration will cause leans. If it is way off it will cause the shakes as will a damaged flex ribbon cable or a flex ribbon cable that is slightly pulled out of its connector. So closely check the ribbon cable connections are fully seated too. Adjusting the axis potentiometers is an easy fix that take 5 minutes. Loosen the 3 cover screws on the side of the roll axis and look for the flat spot on the shaft to match the level of the motor arm. There are several good videos on how to fix this too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTz3Dd2Ecs Some recommend Locktite 290 wicking thread lock to secure it after re-positioning it level with the arm. I prefer to use MG Chemicals 8704 high strength wicking thread locker to do this job.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Jim

The Yeti said:
Off-topic... Before I spend $700 on a new camera, do any of you offer assistance on fixing mine before I replace it? The ribbon cable is intact. Just has that death shake on the camera. [emoji106]

Jim, I tried all the aforementioned and I'm either doing it wrong or this thing is toast. [emoji53]

Y,
The Vision Plus flex ribbon cable can look fine but could have been stretched and fractured one or more of the traces too. In a really hard landing there is a possibility that one or more of the components on the 3 pcbs might need to be re-flowed. Also if the grey wire cables were stretched and broken internally than they can cause the dreaded shakes. That is easily checked with a digimeter. Unfortunately not all of these repair possibilities are for the tech-challenged or for those who do not have a decent solder rework station.
Cheers,
Jim

The Yeti said:
Jim, I tried all the aforementioned and I'm either doing it wrong or this thing is toast. [emoji53]

Jesolins said:
Y,
The Vision Plus flex ribbon cable can look fine but could have been stretched and fractured one or more of the traces too. In a really hard landing there is a possibility that one or more of the components on the 3 pcbs might need to be re-flowed. Also if the grey wire cables were stretched and broken internally than they can cause the dreaded shakes. That is easily checked with a digimeter. Unfortunately not all of these repair possibilities are for the tech-challenged or for those who do not have a decent solder rework station.
Cheers,
Jim

The Yeti said:

Yep.. That sounds like my problem. Lol.

That's why I was asking if anyone services these things. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4