People who glued cracks, did it work?

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought my P3A about a week ago and I also have cracks on underside on arms where screws are located . I am very unhappy that I spent $1000 and now I have to send it back, I know it's under warranty and they will fix it but I don't want to wait months... I bought my drone to fly it now not months later... I wanted to know if gluing the cracks with plasti aid holds or not? If it didn't hold I will just purchase a new shell for a brand new drone. I emailed dji asking to send me a undershell and I will fix it even if it voids warranty and I dont want to send my drone back. They sent me a return label to send my drone to them. What makes me mad is they didn't even say sorry for major inconvenience or even a reply... Just a **** pdf file to return my drone! GRRRRR [emoji35]

Does gluing the cracks work?

Thank you for your time and help, Randy

0323aeaf2fa726a6bec1e0ef5ad612a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Use your warranty first. Mine only took a bit over 2 weeks and most of that was ups travel time. if cracks appear after warranty that will be the time to use 'glue'.

Reactions: Randy2747
Hi,
I just bought my P3A about a week ago and I also have cracks on underside on arms where screws are located . I am very unhappy that I spent $1000 and now I have to send it back, I know it's under warranty and they will fix it but I don't want to wait months... I bought my drone to fly it now not months later... I wanted to know if gluing the cracks with plasti aid holds or not? If it didn't hold I will just purchase a new shell for a brand new drone. I emailed dji asking to send me a undershell and I will fix it even if it voids warranty and I dont want to send my drone back. They sent me a return label to send my drone to them. What makes me mad is they didn't even say sorry for major inconvenience or even a reply... Just a **** pdf file to return my drone! GRRRRR [emoji35]

Does gluing the cracks work?

Thank you for your time and help, Randy

That is a HUGE crack.........send it back

0323aeaf2fa726a6bec1e0ef5ad612a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Randy2747
None of us who have had this problem have been happy about it! But this way, you haven't voided any of the rest of your warranty and you should get it back in plenty of time to take advantage of the nicer weather coming.

This is no way of doing business and keeping customers happy that's for sure... DJI has known about this problem and have not pulled there products off the shelf and they pass the inconvenience to the customer... I feel they should of given the customer something in return for the stress.....but I guess this is wishful thinking. And I hope DJI is like Amazon and try to keep a customer happy and returning. (sorry I am still venting)

Actually I hope I have it back so I can get some snow shots :)

Thx for the advice I thought about what you said and didnt want to void the warranty because my luck in a month or two a circuit board will malfunction lol

Use your warranty first. Mine only took a bit over 2 weeks and most of that was ups travel time. if cracks appear after warranty that will be the time to use 'glue'.

Lucky you, I sent mine off two weeks ago and haven't even got a quote yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl