P4P safe firmware

Zero issues with the latest firmware. Everyone I've talked to that is having issues has forgot to update the RC after they update the P4P. A lot of people think when you update the P4P it updates the RC too. That is NOT the case.

Just updated the RC only, it says I am up all up to date. I'm guessing the GO app does not tell me if the phantom itself needs updating?

Edit: OK, so the GO app does not tell you if the drone needs an update.
Here is what I saw when I connected to DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop

Currently updating to latest firmware. Wish me luck

Last edited:
Just updated the RC only, it says I am up all up to date. I'm guessing the GO app does not tell me if the phantom itself needs updating?

Edit: OK, so the GO app does not tell you if the drone needs an update.
Here is what I saw when I connected to DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop

Currently updating to latest firmware. Wish me luck

WRONG. Go 4 App will tell you if the drone needs an update. Device needs to be connected to internet obviously. Open the app to the main white screen and let it sit there for awhile. A popup to update should pop up. Always update drone first and then RC after.

After the last update, I did downgrade the AC and got her back in the air again. Was going to in-laws for Fathers Day and he wanted me to do some videos. I had problems with active track and the P4P was not as stable as she used to be. I was reluctant to fly and would like to fix this problem after the last update. Problems I had were every few seconds loss of signal and never got any good video on the phone. Also every time I started the P4P up (after Assistant 2 said everything was up to date) the phone would tell me there was an update and to connect the phone to the AC. When I would disconnect the cable from the RC, the update notice would go away before I could connect it to the P4P. After 5 hours I downgraded and I'm NOT HAPPY with how the bird works now! Where there is an updated (since there are so many devices involved, RC, AC and Phone) I wish they would document the steps to run the update. I have had my P4P for 4 months and have done many updates without issues until now......

I also ran into problems, I have the plus model and apparently that is different than if you are using a mobile device.
Tried to get DJI help a couple of times and they were useless. Even after sending them pictures and details they still came back with "the problem is your mobile device" super frustrating that they can't read English and apparently don't look at pictures.

After the last update, I did downgrade the AC and got her back in the air again. Was going to in-laws for Fathers Day and he wanted me to do some videos. I had problems with active track and the P4P was not as stable as she used to be. I was reluctant to fly and would like to fix this problem after the last update. Problems I had were every few seconds loss of signal and never got any good video on the phone. Also every time I started the P4P up (after Assistant 2 said everything was up to date) the phone would tell me there was an update and to connect the phone to the AC. When I would disconnect the cable from the RC, the update notice would go away before I could connect it to the P4P. After 5 hours I downgraded and I'm NOT HAPPY with how the bird works now! Where there is an updated (since there are so many devices involved, RC, AC and Phone) I wish they would document the steps to run the update. I have had my P4P for 4 months and have done many updates without issues until now......

I had same sort of issue (HD intermittent) with my new P4P... Until I also update the controller firmware

Zero issues with the latest firmware. Everyone I've talked to that is having issues has forgot to update the RC after they update the P4P. A lot of people think when you update the P4P it updates the RC too. That is NOT the case.
Here are the firmware versions to be running that are stable and are the versions released JUST BEFORE the most recent firmware-debacle that everyone is having major issues with ... for the RC use GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307 and for the AC use 01.03.0509. This combination works like a charm !!! Also, after loading the updates, reset your settings to factory default and re-enter all of your preferred values, then re-calibrate IMU and compass ... also turn off auto download of updates and turn off the WIFI AFTER downloading the local-map for your location. This will prevent any more changes until they get their act together with a VALIDATED-BY-USERS release of new firmware. If a banner comes up later saying "New Version Detected" on the screen of the RC (Version V01.02.00.00 844.0MB) to update the downgraded release of firmware currently in your RC ... DON'T DO IT !!! That is a small update for the downgraded version you just installed and it introduces the "WIFI Interference" issue that causes your RC to have issues using the 2.4G wireless frequency setting reliably. Hope this helps. Believe me, it has been hell since the "602" update was 1st released in getting everything back working as it should, but this will get you there.

My challenge is to keep the firmware and DJI Go 4 App in sync. I have a P4P+ Controller (with integrated display), a stadard P4P Controller, an EPSON Moverio BT-300 controller, and a P4P drone. I find each firmware update fixes known problems and advances my drone function. I also find that if all my devices aren't in sync, I have a problem. The approach I use is to go online to the DJI.com site at the "downloads" section under the Phantom 4 Pro section and print out the current firmware version number. Then I take each device and make sure it is at that level. A lot of work, but this approach avoids issues that occur when a carefully planned and disciplined approach is not used.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164