P4P safe firmware

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the Phantom 4 Pro, and am very confused on what firmware I should be running

Is there a catalogue of what I should be running today? Seems like whenever there is an update, something goes wrong.

Thanks

I've never had a problem with any of the firmware updates so either I am very lucky or just maybe others are doing something wrong. What firmware do you have now?

Reactions: Dar_Kas
I've never had a problem with any of the firmware updates so either I am very lucky or just maybe others are doing something wrong. What firmware do you have now?

Drone is still in the box, not powered on even once yet. What FW are you running at the moment? How many flights?

Well, I'm on the side of the "not so lucky guys". I got stuck with the last update from DJI, got an weird message, after upgrade, informing that I had HD downlink issues, which stands for non video transmission :/
To fix that issue I did download DJI assistant 2 and roll the firmware back to the one I was using previously.
After that the issue was fixed.. but I do admit that it was a kind of stressful times while getting that issue.
Also, as many have had issues with the last firmware I really wonder if it doesn't means that maybe it's a hardware (processor or something else) issue that is causing different results for different pilots? I mean, maybe quite a bit different version of hardware is causing these nasty issues..

Drone is still in the box, not powered on even once yet. What FW are you running at the moment? How many flights?
Anyways be prepared to use DJI Assistant 2, believe me, it's your best friend to get your drone/rc recovered after a bad experience with firmware :)

Anyways be prepared to use DJI Assistant 2, believe me, it's your best friend to get your drone/rc recovered after a bad experience with firmware :)

Thank you for the info, very much appreciated!

Do you have the version number for the FW before the latest one? The drone might have been on the shelf for a while so it could be an older hardware version

After the last update, I did downgrade the AC and got her back in the air again. Was going to in-laws for Fathers Day and he wanted me to do some videos. I had problems with active track and the P4P was not as stable as she used to be. I was reluctant to fly and would like to fix this problem after the last update. Problems I had were every few seconds loss of signal and never got any good video on the phone. Also every time I started the P4P up (after Assistant 2 said everything was up to date) the phone would tell me there was an update and to connect the phone to the AC. When I would disconnect the cable from the RC, the update notice would go away before I could connect it to the P4P. After 5 hours I downgraded and I'm NOT HAPPY with how the bird works now! Where there is an updated (since there are so many devices involved, RC, AC and Phone) I wish they would document the steps to run the update. I have had my P4P for 4 months and have done many updates without issues until now......

I'm trying to get the same info - previous firmware versions for RC and AC as I just got my drone as well. When I turn on DJI Go I get this message:
when I turn on my drone and the RC I get this error message when running DJI Go 4:

inconsistent firmware found

The flight sim seems to be working but I don't want any problems when I put the props on and try a real flight, No answer from DJI support on this yet.

Thank you for the info, very much appreciated!

Do you have the version number for the FW before the latest one? The drone might have been on the shelf for a while so it could be an older hardware version

I'm trying to get the same info - previous firmware versions for RC and AC as I just got my drone as well. When I turn on DJI Go I get this message:
when I turn on my drone and the RC I get this error message when running DJI Go 4:

The flight sim seems to be working but I don't want any problems when I put the props on and try a real flight, No answer from DJI support on this yet.

I might just try and update if it tells me, and see what happens. Hopefully downgrading isn't much of a hassle.

I might just try and update if it tells me, and see what happens. Hopefully downgrading isn't much of a hassle.
Man, don't want to take that chance, seeing way too many problems with the upgrade. I just need to firmware numbers for both RC and the drone to check against what I have and hopefully that will help me interpret the Inconsistent message.

I have a brand new Phanton 4 pro (arriving today actually) and I am looking to install the best firmware version on it.

Were there any issues with the original Phantom 4 pro firmware?

It seems there are lots of issues with the latest firmware (classic DJI) so is there a way to download an older, firmware version without issues?

I know I never updated the firmware on my Phantom 3 pro and never had any issues.

Whatever you do don't update to the latest release. It's complete and utter garbage on the P4P. So far my gimbal has went wonky and off the wall, every time I take a photo the DJI Go app will say "Image Transmission Lost" and my screen goes blank for 3-5 seconds before recovering. (The drone doesn't enter RTH mode as the signal is still there). Furthest distance I've made it with the most recent update is 1500 feet. And it seems to have broken 3rd party apps like Auto Pilot.

I'm currently in the process of attempting to roll back to the 1.03.0509 release where things worked smooth it seemed.

I got that error message and hit the button that as to fix the issue. All it did was upgrade my battery to be consistent with the RC.

I also had a separate message for a firmware update. I ignored that.

There are two possible messages, inconsistent firmware, ok to fix.

Firmware update..ignore.

Whatever you do don't update to the latest release. It's complete and utter garbage on the P4P. So far my gimbal has went wonky and off the wall, every time I take a photo the DJI Go app will say "Image Transmission Lost" and my screen goes blank for 3-5 seconds before recovering. (The drone doesn't enter RTH mode as the signal is still there). Furthest distance I've made it with the most recent update is 1500 feet. And it seems to have broken 3rd party apps like Auto Pilot.

I'm currently in the process of attempting to roll back to the 1.03.0509 release where things worked smooth it seemed.

I decided not to update my drone at all, works fine apart from the gimbal losing the horizon every so often. Will try your firmware suggestion.

I just read the instructions on how to upgrade here:
HOW TO: Install Phantom 4 firmware

but when it says how to update batteries, seems like it implies you have to run the entire update, which I don't want to do.
Could you tell me how you updated just the battery? I have a very old ver running (01.01.0203- right out of the box - opened yesterday) so I may need to update everything.

I got that error message and hit the button that as to fix the issue. All it did was upgrade my battery to be consistent with the RC.

I also had a separate message for a firmware update. I ignored that.

There are two possible messages, inconsistent firmware, ok to fix.

Firmware update..ignore.

I can't recall the exact sequence or message. When I turned on the drone and RC, I got a message saying that the firmware of the battery was incompatible with the RC and an update was needed. I clicked OK. This was after I saw a firmware update that I ignored.

OK - mine just said there were incompatible "modules or devices," which was pretty vague. Turns out it was just the battery that needed the update, so when I clicked Update, thinking it was going to update the entire firmware, it just did the battery. Horrible and missing documentation - worst I've ever seen.
[
QUOTE="MGS9500, post: 1207701, member: 80655"]I can't recall the exact sequence or message. When I turned on the drone and RC, I got a message saying that the firmware of the battery was incompatible with the RC and an update was needed. I clicked OK. This was after I saw a firmware update that I ignored.[/QUOTE]

OK - mine just said there were incompatible "modules or devices," which was pretty vague. Turns out it was just the battery that needed the update, so when I clicked Update, thinking it was going to update the entire firmware, it just did the battery. Horrible and missing documentation - worst I've ever seen.
[
QUOTE="MGS9500, post: 1207701, member: 80655"]I can't recall the exact sequence or message. When I turned on the drone and RC, I got a message saying that the firmware of the battery was incompatible with the RC and an update was needed. I clicked OK. This was after I saw a firmware update that I ignored.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, apparently there are two different warnings. One where the battery and the RC are not running similar firmware. A problem with compatibility is noticed. I believe that clicking update or fix will not install any "new" firmware, it will merely make the out of date component match the up to date RC.

After this problem is quickly fixed, there is a second warning about an "update tor firmware is needed' notice. This does not stop you from continuing to the next screen and flying.

I have always worried that if the battery and RC are not running similar firmware, then there might be an error in the monitoring of the drone diagnostics. I agree with you, I would be cautious about flying my drone if I had an firmware that had an incompatible module.

I've never had a problem with any of the firmware updates so either I am very lucky or just maybe others are doing something wrong.
I'm with you. Never had an issue. Besides, if something ever went wrong, guess what the first question DJI (or the FAA, if it came to that) is gonna ask?

Zero issues with the latest firmware. Everyone I've talked to that is having issues has forgot to update the RC after they update the P4P. A lot of people think when you update the P4P it updates the RC too. That is NOT the case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj