P4 most current firmware

You can find the currently installed firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Make sure your Phantom is connected to DJI GO before checking.

This video shows how to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app:

A P4 doesn't need a firmware download, does it? I know that the P4Pro get's one.
Terry

If you got your P4 recently maybe he doesn't need any recommended update but worth checking. Understand also not only p4 but RC and batteries, each having it's own firmware.
Once all fired up and connected you might want look in GO app what are the respective versions and compare with the latest versions you know communicated in this thread or DJI website P4 download section.

Edit: all this at home of course so please without blades.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Terry, Could you check in the 'About ' section of the Go app -(on the General Settings screen)-, and tell us what versions you have for the P4, the RC, and the app. We seem to be going round in circles at the moment, and don't know where you're starting from.

If your versions are not the latest, @msinger has given you all the information you need to bring everything up to date.

Last edited:
The current firmware version is 1.2.602. The current firmware version can be found in the release notes on the P4 downloads page.

If you need help updating the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Finally figured out how to use Assistant, and download firmware with all three batteries. That's where I stopped. Do I go back and Calibrate. How many things will be calibrated. Should I do outdoors, like on my deck? I guess once doing this, I can use Go and set up my controller. Thank you very much.

Finally figured out how to use Assistant, and download firmware with all three batteries. That's where I stopped. Do I go back and Calibrate. How many things will be calibrated. Should I do outdoors, like on my deck? I guess once doing this, I can use Go and set up my controller. Thank you very much.

Might I suggest that if you are still having some difficulty with this after using all of msinger's advice and links, that you go on youtube and search for tom's tech time videos on the phantom 4. There are several step-by-step videos that are great for folks doing a first time set-up.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Sir,
I appreciate your reply. I do both. I completed my setup yesterday, and my P4 is ready to fly. I also just completed my collection of Phantoms. I have 1-4, all new. Just a hobby that challenges my mind while I sit home disabled.
Regards,
Terry

Nice! It is an addicting hobby to say the least. Impressive collection you have, enjoy and best of luck!

Nice! It is an addicting hobby to say the least. Impressive collection you have, enjoy and best of luck!

Thanks for the kind words. What do you fly?
Terry

I don't like to admit it publicly, but I have an assortment of cheap disposable drones including a sharper image pile of rubbish. My newer girl is a P4 and I love it!

I don't like to admit it publicly, but I have an assortment of cheap disposable drones including a sharper image pile of rubbish. My newer girl is a P4 and I love it!

The P4 is so pretty. I have 3 batteries and a Case Club case with mine. Very nice set. My idea of having all 4 of the Phantoms is just an obsession. Certainly don't need them.

Terry, where in Virginia are you located? I am in rocky Mount.

Hey there,
I live in Suffolk, VA. Pretty far from Rocky Mount, unless you mean Rocky Mount, NC. I grew up in Roanoke.
Terry

Hey Terry, you are a long way from me.

I actually haven't started flying yet. I bought a Phantom 4 Pro because of its' camera and avoidance sensors but I really regret getting it. I wanted a Mavic but since they are so scarce I went ahead and pulled the trigger for the Phantom. I have listed for sale or trade for a Mavic. I am hoping I can make someone happy with the P4P and I will be happy with the Mavic. My son flys a Inspire 1 v2.0. I've really enjoyed watching him fly, he lets me take over at times.
John

Hey Terry, you are a long way from me.

I actually haven't started flying yet. I bought a Phantom 4 Pro because of its' camera and avoidance sensors but I really regret getting it. I wanted a Mavic but since they are so scarce I went ahead and pulled the trigger for the Phantom. I have listed for sale or trade for a Mavic. I am hoping I can make someone happy with the P4P and I will be happy with the Mavic. My son flys a Inspire 1 v2.0. I've really enjoyed watching him fly, he lets me take over at times.
John

Hi John,
Wow, you have the P4P. I would really have a hard time giving that up. It's going to be very stable. I just looked at a few places that I do business with to see if they have the Mavic, and they were both on backorder. I'm sure you will eventually find one. It would be really nice if you could have both.
Terry

The current firmware version is 1.2.602. The current firmware version can be found in the release notes on the P4 downloads page.

If you need help updating the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.
Based on the release notes from DJI showing today, it appears the firmware rev is still 1.2.602., clear back from November. And I assume everyone is happy with this firmware, is that a good assumption guys?

I just got a replacement drone from DJI with this newer 01.02.0602 installed, so I was just curious if anyone has had any issues. I'll need to update my RC also I think to insure compatibility.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello