P4 most current firmware

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I currently getting all my software and firmware set up. It's quite a task for someone like me. What is the most current firmware for my P4?
Thank you very much.
Terry

The current firmware version is 1.2.602. The current firmware version can be found in the release notes on the P4 downloads page.

If you need help updating the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

The current firmware version is 1.2.602. The current firmware version can be found in the release notes on the P4 downloads page.

If you need help updating the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Do I find it under downloads? I'm not finding it. Thank you.

What exactly are you trying to find?

I'm trying to find the latest firmware for my P4. The version that you gave me. This is my first time doing this. Thank you for your help. I want to do it from my PC, if I can. Terry

You can check which version is currently installed in the GO app. In General Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on "About". This will tell you the versions you currently have for he P4, controller, and app.
You don't need to use your computer installing the firmware..the GO app will let you know when new versions are available, and you can install from there.

msinger has linked to the page giving instructions.

I have the Go App installed on my iPad now, but can't get Assistent v2 to download on it. It is a iPad Mini 4 32GB Cellular. I really appreciate your help. I'm anxious to move on.
Terry

Assistant v2 only works on a Mac or a PC...you can't use it on an iPad. You don't need it for firmware updates, these can be done with the GO app.

Reactions: snowghost
Assistant v2 only works on a Mac or a PC...you can't use it on an iPad. You don't need it for firmware updates, these can be done with the GO app.

Well that is sure go to know. I have it on my PC. What exactly is it's purpose? I thought it worked along side of the dji Go app.
Thanks

What exactly is it's purpose?
It's most commonly used to:
  • Install new firmware
  • Downgrade the firmware
  • Reset the firmware back to the factory settings
  • Calibrate the vision positioning system

Reactions: MedicFL1
It's most commonly used to:
  • Install new firmware
  • Downgrade the firmware
  • Reset the firmware back to the factory settings
  • Calibrate the vision positioning system

I understand, now. Thank you.

Hello,
When going to the page you sent me, then under downloads, I am not able to find firmware downloads for my P4. Am I overlooking something. Once I find it, don't I download the firmware for each battery I have? I have the Assistant on my desktop, but it won't run. I also have The Go App on my mobile device.
Terry

When going to the page you sent me, then under downloads, I am not able to find firmware downloads for my P4.
The firmware is not available for download. You can install it from DJI GO like this.

Hello,
Will I find it in the DJI Assistant 2 or the dji Go app? I'm not using dji Go 4 app.
Terry

You can install the firmware using DJI GO (3 or 4) or the DJI Assistant 2 app. I find it's easiest to install the firmware via DJI GO.

You can install the firmware using DJI GO (3 or 4) or the DJI Assistant 2 app. I find it's easiest to install the firmware via DJI GO.

Great, it's on Go 3. Thank you.
Terry

Since I have the Assistant 2 on my PC, I would like to learn to use it. I just search all over it for dji downloads, and found nothing. Will you please tell me how to use it to find the P4 current firmware, and install it?
Thank you,
Terry

You can find the currently installed firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Make sure your Phantom is connected to DJI GO before checking.

This video shows how to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app:

Terry, kindly note that once Tablet/Phone, RC, Craft are all fired up, if your tablet/phone is connected to the web the DJI GO should warn you if some firmware needs to be updated, including batterie(s), each having it's own firmware. Beware might take some time for GO app to detect new firmware available and of course preferabily to be done at home without rushing.

But kudos for your interest on this and you might want also take time to focus on important settings such as RTH (Return To Home) altitude, To Home behavior and more.
This forum has lot of useful information you can find.

Note also both RC and craft have strong high frequency outputs and might reduce visibilty of your home wi-fi router with possible impact of firmware download causing to be slow or held; make sure your tablet/phone get strong wi-fi signal from your home router.

Also make sure to never interrupt any upgrading process to avoid corrupted devices.

Hope does help a little.

PS: this was in context of update with GO app. Update with DJI Assistant discussed above is fine - just make sure to follow the steps as shown in video etc.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: ShivarenoP3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl