P4 App Crash Mid Flight

What does switching to "Litchi"?
I apologize I'm new at "wa5tef" ? DJI sent me a replacement P4 from the new one I had. Within 10 minutes of flying it crashed . **** then lost signal for 5 minutes before I found it in the woods. I sent it back a Christmas for them to tell me it was my fault. **** thing just all of a sudden lost signal and crashed into the woods.

I had the same issue. Android was working fine, then updated software and app crashed w/ drone in the air, then the drone crashed. Got an IPad & haven't had an issue w/ p4. The android device had plenty memory and processor, had 2 dozen successful flights then app started acting up. Should have drone back tomorrow after 2 months.
Another note, if you have a defective battery do not send it in w/ a drone needing repair, they'll tell you it was the crash that damaged the battery. The battery I sent had 2 flights and was not involved in crash. It had gone into storage mode on charger and over 10 days without activity. Once it discharged, it was toast. Normally batteries are covered for a year.
-Rick

This comes down to less bugs in IOS because it only has to work on one device. Android tons of bugs because it has to work on a gazillion devices.

Reactions: Mrav
I have to agree with the original poster.. Our agency purchased a package deal from DJI... and it came with a Samsung Tab A.... After several issues with the screen not working, shutting off in flight, etc.. we contacted DJI. They explained that its not that it wont work, but don't work most of the time... WHY WOUOLD YOU PUT THIS IN A PACKAGE DEAL AND SELL IT if you knew this !!!!!!!!! Anyway, we argued back for days, and finally got a refund for the Tab A and purchased an IPad Mini Pro.. Has not had an issue YET!!! And have been flying for over 2 months!!! It failed every 2 to 3 flights with the Tab A...

Might be the issue, just a guess..

Last edited:
I kept having similar problems with DJI GO. I finally updated the app in November and all I could get was procedures for connecting an Inspire 2. I had many flights where DJI GO crashed or disconnected or other errors. I finally gave up and downloaded Litchi. That is the best $23.00 I have spent in a long time. Litchi runs perfect on my iPad and as a bonus, it adds the Waypoint missions where I can create a flight in Mission Hub, edit it however I see fit, and it automatically appears on my iPad ready to upload and fly! I could not believe it was so easy. I get a lot of enjoyment out of designing different missions, even over the same terrain. By being able to program Waypoints and all that can be done at a Waypoint, the missions are a real treat to fly and then go back and edit some and even stretch it out to get more flight time and distance. I hardly ever fly a FPV or manual mode flight. Waypoint Missions are way more fun.
Give it a try, anyone who has not done so. Download and print out the instructions and have fun learning the program then post your results here.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

To resolve GO4 app issues with Android there is a trick that might work for you which is to uninstall all versions of GO app you might have and, very important, manually delete all related folders in the system. Then install last version and that's it. Crashes are typically happening when app is using wrong path to access resources.

3'00 min. onwards:

Last edited:
Note 4 was crap even with the older Go app, while a little more expensive apple devices are the most reliable with DJI products. I don't even bother with android devices now, as much as I liked my note 4. iPad Air 2 works fine and it's only a few dollars more than a high spec android device. Worth it to avoid the frustration.
Will a iPad 2 work with the phantom 3 standard?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic