P4 App Crash Mid Flight

Reaction score
Somebody please come up with a solution to this BS!!! Can't even fly my $1300 P4. Dji is NO help. Bumbling idiot on the support line. Beyond frustrating. I am done.

Paul

Somebody please come up with a solution to this BS!!! Can't even fly my $1300 P4. Dji is NO help. Bumbling idiot on the support line. Beyond frustrating. I am done.

Paul
Hi paul yep some mad stuff happing all over,,ive changed my usb cable and has worked good since,posted to someone else aswell usb cord and fixed fault;)have u tryed this,,hang in there good luck

Yes, no go.
4 got to ask does it discnect close to u aswell
Easy! Switch to Litchi and never look back!
Jim
Hi yes i been thinking,,ow that hurts,,,dji app bit sad lately,if next update no beta i g litchi ,,wont know unless i try,, fix so many little issues lately my adiction now costing more $$$$$$$,,mayby send DJ the bill,,good advice as always,,Ian:)

Did you use a genuine Apple lightning cable or third party ?
Yip took me couple usb cables to find right one,,hope he can sort it,we just talkin now about how much u pay and how good is doesnt work proper,, ;)

It's difficult to help without information about which device model you are using and just speculating last GO app 4. Or I'm missing something?
No ,yeh device model unknow etc,,but still lot of posts on p3 and p4 app crashing mid flight ,,waitin 4 new update hopefully DJI can sort all faults in firmware or i go litchi ;)

No ,yeh device model unknow etc,,but still lot of posts on p3 and p4 app crashing mid flight ,,waitin 4 new update hopefully DJI can sort all faults in firmware or i go litchi ;)

I think the question was about which tablet you use ? iPad Air, iPad mini etc. And what version of apple iOS are you using ?

Yeah, many people are spending lot of money for their drone but looking to use old or incompatible device.

Understanding that having top class hi-fi amplifier requires excellent speakers seems more obvious than those more mysterious electronic devices ..

Easy! Switch to Litchi and never look back!
Jim
Sure I could do that and I'm familiar with it. I used Litchi almost exclusively on my P3P. However, Dji should put out a product that works without having to use a third party software. I appreciate the advice though and I may have to do that. It just pisses me off that I can't get it to work with it's own software. I was getting mixed advice about using Litchi.

Paul

I would consult the crash log file, if available in the device. It's in your device sdcard/dji/.../LOG/CRASH

I do not have an Apple product. I am using android. Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It is on the approved list of devices.

Paul
I use samsung tabA Tablet had problems till i change usb lead,,unfortunately does not work for all,,been investigatin dji and android not really advised cause apple devices more grunt to proscess info coming in..etc ipad

May I suggest the following ;

First thing is to synch cloud flights (little cloud icon) to make sure DJI servers are hosting all flights including recent ones.

Delete all GO apps (you might have the two installed.

Connect tablet to a PC and explore to delete all DJI folders in Android (or navigate in android within Storage in Tab settings).

Install last DJI Go app 4

You must have enough free disk space
Disabling video caching GO app option can help
If Tab goes very hot this may cause app to crash

Make sure there is no backgound task eating resources, Android might spend time doing other things for other apps or background services with impact on GO app.

Evidence, not same case but to show clean install ;
DJI GO 4 APP CRASH WHEN I OPEN DATA FLY

Edit: I have iOS actually and Mini 4 cellular (works great), so these are just based on earlier Android based posts and experiences I have seen, from memory.

Also you might want try with someone else device and compare. There is so many people having tablet or phone theses days even within same family. Good luck.

Last edited:
May I suggest the following ;

First thing is to synch cloud flights (little cloud icon) to make sure DJI servers are hosting all flights including recent ones.

Delete all GO apps (you might have the two installed.

Connect tablet to a PC and explore to delete all DJI folders in Android (or navigate in android within Storage in Tab settings).

Install last DJI Go app 4

You must have enough free disk space
Disabling video caching GO app option can help
If Tab goes very hot this may cause app to crash

Make sure there is no backgound task eating resources, Android might spend time doing other things for other apps or background services with impact on GO app.

Evidence, not same case but to show clean install ;
DJI GO 4 APP CRASH WHEN I OPEN DATA FLY

Edit: I have iOS actually and Mini 4 cellular (works great), so these are just based on earlier Android based posts and experiences I have seen, from memory.

Also you might want try with someone else device and compare. There is so many people having tablet or phone theses days even within same family. Good luck.
That good info ,,i got both apps installed on tablet but i turn on airplane mode,,just to stop any extras,,i lookin at ipads cheap one here 600,:(yeh already savin,,,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews