P3S what distances are you getting?

I'm using the argtek and could get 7600ft with the flat panels. I've since added a 14dbi antenna on the 5.8 and the power magic mod and can go 10000ft

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Where did you get the 14dbi antenna?

Do you connect it to your ARGTek? Connector? If so what size is the connection that I need?

Last edited:
Stock I was getting around 1200 ft. Yesterday I installed the ARGtek and after a quick test today. I pussed out at 2200. But the live video feed was getting sketchy. And I was getting a weak signal error. Keep in mind this was from my driveway. With some trees between me and my drone. Plus untold interference, being in town. I plan to go try and shoot trains this weekend. My favorite spot, and I have yet to get a drone shot, I only went 1600. I just today realized how to turn off the max distance. However I had warnings of weak signal out there last time I tried. Just the max distance reached. I plan to fly out till I lose signal at that spot, for a proper distance test this time. I'm hoping for a mile, but we'll see.

As for the video cutting out what do I do about that? I was using all 3 flat antennas. I hear of power magic or something that improves video feeds? Not sure the name, or what it even is. An app? I dunno.

Best Ive had is 1600 feet with stock antenna. I recently tried a parabolic reflector thing but I really didn't see a huge increase... video started getting choppy at 1550 and started getting the red warning at a little over 1600. I might add that these distances are in a very interference rich area. One of these days I have to get out in the boondocks and give it a shot.

All stock and today I got my P3S out to 3893 ft which I was very happy about.
6d7282baadf3178550d24b59fa5c2e19.jpg

I'll be getting my P3S Monday and live behind a wide open field with no trees for miles. It will be awhile before my balls drop to be comfortable letting it get to far out. When you guys fly these distance, do you free fly or are you setting way points with RTH?

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did my own antenna mods, 2.4ghz 7db flat panels and 14db flat panel for 5.8ghz and I got out to 1528m before I lost the control signal although I still had full video. Cost about £25 for the parts off Amazon.
Screenshot_2017-01-08-12-26-42.png

I fly my machine to 2493m without using Waypoints .... I basically visually fly till I don't see it anymore then use the video feed.
The RTH has proven to be very good for me and use that to bring her back to visual. I either trigger RTH myself or let the machine do it.

I fly many different models and for me it was just getting used to using the video.

Nigel

Reactions: rleigh
Rubba .... what app is that ? Nothing like my Go ...

Nigel

Reactions: rubbadadolphin
Stock I was getting out to about 7000'. Put on a $10 reflector, get out to around 11,000' and start to lose video signal, but tx signal is still good.

I am amazed at some of the ranges some have flown to. I have only had a P3S since Xmas, but on the weekend in a London suburb with, as usual, the continual 'Strong interference' warning managed 744ft.
It was the first time I experienced the out of range RTH feature, and for a few seconds until it started coming back, the nerves set in!

Attachments

• IMG_0048.PNG
    IMG_0048.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 257
Just curious to see the range some are getting.
I'm getting 1.5-2 miles easily. Got 1.4 miles yesterday could have gone way further had great video and signal but a strong tailwind so I was worried about the return flight. Will try same spot on a calm day and post.

24e93364fd9fa4946932d80f45eda651.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Which app are you using? Sorry, answered.

usually around 500m I tend to turn around. With huge elevation changes and tons of micro climates, it can be 40 mph winds just a quarter mile away and I would never know.

Plus I get nervous

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT