PS3 Flight and Range

Reaction score
Went to one of my favorites spots to fly about 23 miles outside of town where there is beautiful canyons and valleys to fly and film. Flew 2.5 miles with my stock Phantom 3 Standard last time at this spot I made it 1.55 miles. Had a strong headwind for the return flight so I turned around even though I had good RC & Video signal. Lasted two IOS app 3.1.2 and Firmware 1.8.10 so all these horror stories about this latest update to me are pilot error not the software. I have 2 P3S one modded and one not both get awesome RC, Video, and Range without any issues. And before anyone starts I had my wife with a telescope spotting so I was in line of sight and miles from any city. Fly safe and enjoy.

b976be5fe28096f5b8e57b71993dce16.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So you went that far with the Phantom 3 standard with out losing rc or wifi signal?! How?!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
What I'd like to know is how he got that far and still had 80% left on the battery?? I know he said "Had a strong headwind for the return flight", so going out it would have been a tail wind. What kind of tail wind would you need to go 2.5 miles and only use 20% of the battery, assuming you had 100% not counting warm up, GPS lock and such.

OK here is what I did. I had my battery warm ahead of time. Started drone did a compass calibration made sure I had GPS home lock. Ascended to 475-500 feet then gave it full power and with the tailwind of 20-22 mph I was averaging speeds of 38-40 mph. Could have went way further but I knew the headwind would kill my battery on return flight. I averaged 12-14 mph on return and had 4-5 minutes of flight time left had critical battery levels set to 10%. This is my test spot for range. Any other questions or disbelief I can send my flight logs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl