P3S what distances are you getting?

Reaction score
Just curious to see the range some are getting.
I'm getting 1.5-2 miles easily. Got 1.4 miles yesterday could have gone way further had great video and signal but a strong tailwind so I was worried about the return flight. Will try same spot on a calm day and post.

24e93364fd9fa4946932d80f45eda651.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Brayan2134
Stock @ 2400 feet (730 meters)
Reflector @ 2600 feet (790 meters)
ITE-DBS01.4 @ 3300 feet (1005 meters)

Just curious.. what is your need to fly that far away?
For me it is missions. As I live in a rural forest. And most places one has to walk for hours to get there. About 12 lakes within battery range of a P3S. Half of them has no road access to them. And I haven't seen many of those lakes in 50 years. Plus the state line is only 1.5 miles away. It would be weird flying in two states in one flight.

For me it is missions. As I live in a rural forest. And most places one has to walk for hours to get there. About 12 lakes within battery range of a P3S. Half of them has no road access to them. And I haven't seen many of those lakes in 50 years. Plus the state line is only 1.5 miles away. It would be weird flying in two states in one flight.
Oh wow... Jealous.... Sounds to me you are in "Drone heaven". Look forward to seeing some of your videos.

ChiefStealth. Where I live in Western Oklahoma we have some beautiful canyons, gorges, mountains, etc... to get pics and video of. But no roads to access the areas. So the the only option is to fly that distance. I have some amazing video and pics I will post on my YouTube page in a day or so after editing.

ChiefStealth. Where I live in Western Oklahoma we have some beautiful canyons, gorges, mountains, etc... to get pics and video of. But no roads to access the areas. So the the only option is to fly that distance. I have some amazing video and pics I will post on my YouTube page in a day or so after editing.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little familiar with the area, where you are. I lived in Lawton for a couple years. I was always looking for good fishin holes, so I drove around a lot. Looking forward to your vids.

Oh there are a lot in Woodward County. Yeah I'm not trying to lose my bird just love the area and lots of places hard to get to driving or even walking I am below the knee amputee on one side. Lol.... but I keep on going.

i am unmodded and get 2200' in my suburban neighborhood before video signal start dropping out.

My first RTH was at 2250 ft. Oddly I have not reached that again since. Residential area with some serious power lines, so I am sure that is playing into it. Just received a ITE-DBS01.4 yesterday, so we'll see...

I live in a built up neighborhood and was able to get about 660 meters stock. I did a cheap mod on my controller with some generic wifi panel antennas and can get over 1000 meters with plenty of wifi and electrical interference, the only thing stopping me is the tree line getting in the way that far out. I've done a flight over a lake and made it to over 1.5 miles. My signal was still fine but my nerves gave out to go farther.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am preparing to mod mine as well, what antennas did you use? I dont want to get too crazy maybe 6 or 7 dbi

I am preparing to mod mine as well, what antennas did you use? I dont want to get too crazy maybe 6 or 7 dbi

An easy beginners antenna is the ARGTek (the one I use) I'm getting 6000 feet in a heavy interference area (my house is dual band wi-fi and I fly from right behind it)

The ARGTek is the easiest and safest to install because you can ALWAYS remove it and put the stock antenna back on so it doesn't technically void your warranty so long as you put the stock one back on they won't know the difference.

ITELITE DBS and the MAXXRANGE required holes to be drilled in the TX and I wasn't about to do that. People say you can pull the cords through the antenna port but I like my controller to be enclosed

I'm using the argtek and could get 7600ft with the flat panels. I've since added a 14dbi antenna on the 5.8 and the power magic mod and can go 10000ft

Reactions: ifixwell
Yeah the Argtek has the best reviews. 10 dbi for the Main and 7dbi for the video link i believe. I'm in the process of a DIY project.

I'm using the argtek and could get 7600ft with the flat panels. I've since added a 14dbi antenna on the 5.8 and the power magic mod and can go 10000ft

Dang, thats nearly 2 miles. Nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20