P3S Range Tanking! - Time to be Concerned?

Well I'm inclined to say it's environmental. I just took my bird out and hit 1000m.
I guess it's the luck of the day if you get range or not. [emoji849]
Gotta be something like that. Can't explain it any other way. Unless.

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And the drone wont fly far. :(

When all this started happening to me I downloaded litchi. I haven't really had time to play with it yet. While I am on the subject of things going wrong with the P3S, has anyone got any ideas on why my map shows me a little over land when I'm flying right down the middle of the river? I have done a compass calibration and an IMU calibration although both showed they were fine before the calibration.

When all this started happening to me I downloaded litchi. I haven't really had time to play with it yet. While I am on the subject of things going wrong with the P3S, has anyone got any ideas on why my map shows me a little over land when I'm flying right down the middle of the river? I have done a compass calibration and an IMU calibration although both showed they were fine before the calibration.
There was an app firmware revision a while back that had that problem. Might want to check your version and update. What do you have now?

There is still a giant elephant in this room that I need removed.
Why did my AC RTH even though my RC still indicated green (connected)?

I thought....it is because you still have a downlink/video connection but that doesnt make a lot of sense. Given that the downlink is the means for the drone to send back info/status to the remote, if the downlink goes, how/when will the drone know there is no uplink??

That's something I've been experimenting with I've been all green on my controller when app shows no bars and rc signal lost and RTH is kicked in

Gonna keep this as short and sweet and hopefully the super human minds here can help.
Bought my P3S in Feb. Upgraded FW to 1.8.10 per request. Everything worked wonderfully... Range varied around 3000ft and even achieved a 4900ft with a parabolic antenna.

Come today, I can get a blazing 600ft before RTH kicks in. Its been a slow decline, but now its painfully painful.
Here are the particulars:
FW 1.8.10
GO: 3.1.10
Decline started in April
AC babied and never a hard landing, no crashes and no mods.
I do live in a high wifi area, but always have.
I fly out over the ocean from the same spot as a control to test range. Range deteriorated from just short of a mile, to 600 ft in over two months.

So, is this typical of a P3S or am I looking to send it in or am I gonna buy something better? Am I being affected by sun spots or ancient aliens? Maybe Capt. Kirk is warping off to Uranus to wipe out the Klingons? What gives?
I've experienced the same problem. Worked much better out of the box, before any firmware upgrades were made. Not much fun to play with anymore.

I'm really starting to wonder if it has something to do with location or region because I'm still getting 3/4 to a mile plus with my P3S on a daily basis. I fly almost every evening at dusk flying fence lines and tree lines looking for deer and other wildlife I'm in a very rural area though but do get steady interference warnings with every flight.

Very interesting thread this and tbh sort of same boat as the original poster

Tin foil hat on here but something is amiss somewhere
Got mine as a present was used once previously by person it was from
He hovered it once and decided it wasn't for him

It was originally on 1.6 something update
And noticed since the app decided to update itself the range is even worse and wasn't great to begin with

I'm lucky if I get 200mtrs before issues with either live feed or loss of signal
Tried magic power ,different channels and signal strength no avail and much the same
No point upgrading tx antenna as feel it will still be similar

I am factory stock app is3.1.11 fw is1.8.10 the app was an update yesterday. My first P3S I got it the end of feb first of march this year middle of April lost a prop 217 foot plunge landed in waist high grass that was wind blown over, think that's the only thing that saved it from that a couple weeks later coming in a little low clipped a tree branch fell 12 feet and the socket for the compass ripped off the main board. Bought a factory refurbished P3S cheaper then parts just swap camera/gimbal about three weeks ago and still getting the same distance with the new/refurbished bird. And I cringed when I pushed update for the app last night but everything remains the same so far

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka