P3S crashed due to RTH issue - now looking at P3A replacement - Questions on Lightbridge

Reaction score
Hi All,
As per the title suggests, i had/have a P3S which unfortunately i had a RTH failure. This isnt a warranty issue this was just my mistake as unfortunate it was

long story short, i was flying all fine, got low battery alarm (30%) , flew drone back to where i was standing... instead of just landing drone and carrying it back to the car probably 50 meters away, i decided to walk and fly it, and just run out the battery a bit more... during that walk, it was under trees etc, RTH triggered, (25%) and it went up into a branch, tried to over correct, and over-corrected into the tree and then rapid decent occurred :)
kinda all happened in slow motion :(

So, the place where this leaves me is Droneless, but im looking at getting a P3A to replace my P3S.

My question is regarding Lightbridge and the realistic range that increases. I have seen the videos, i have seen the spec's. I modded my P3S with DBSMod and got about 800meters (rather than the 500 i was getting).

I am aware its a different technology and all that jazz....

my question is simply, in real world, is lightbridge THAT much better.

Looking at the specs, the P3S is controlled by 5.7-5.8ghz which has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz (which is used for video feedback).

But the P3A is controlled via 2.4ghz.. so wouldnt the P3A suffer the same 2.4Ghz issues that the video feedback has???

Any help appreciated :)

on a side note, my drone didnt fall very far, but the camera gimbal snapped off and the props broke, is there a palce where people are interested in buying second hand equipment (working fine) like remote controllers, but also potentially repairable drones, outside of fleabay?

ta

dave

My question is regarding Lightbridge and the realistic range that increases.
my question is simply, in real world, is lightbridge THAT much better?
Lightbridge is probably better than you imagine.
Five times the range and more is easily achievable in open areas away from interference.
on a side note, my drone didnt fall very far, but the camera gimbal snapped off and the props broke, is there a palce where people are interested in buying second hand equipment (working fine) like remote controllers, but also potentially repairable drones, outside of fleabay?
We have a classified ads sub forum where you can list it or one of our members (Hunch) is very good at Phantom repairs.

Was your crash so bad that she was trashed and nor repairable. I haven't seen to many that we not able to be revived. What's you situation?

Yikes, sorry for your loss. I almost got in trouble using return to home to close to my launch point, if you're within 60ft it will just land where it is instead of RTH. The fine print in the DJI GO app tells you this, but I just wasn't paying attention at the time.
And yes, LightBridge is amazing.

Was your crash so bad that she was trashed and nor repairable. I haven't seen to many that we not able to be revived. What's you situation?
To be honest im not skilled enough to know if i can repair it.

Simply put, the camera and gimbal need to be replaced as they smashed off... props need to be replaced and battery. So at minimum it would be somewhere around the 1k AUD (i think i remember seeing the camera and gimbal for $700??? AUD) + battery ($259)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav