P3S Broken Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster.

I bought a broken P3S from my friend because I love my P3A so much and wanted a backup to play with. Also I got a really good deal because he flew it into a tree. So when I got it, the roll arm was broken and the cable was torn. I've replaced both and cant seem to get the gimbal to qork properly. I posted a video for assistance. As you can see, the gimbal isnt sensing that its level. Any ideas how to fix this? The shaft is level so that isnt it. Is it possible the roll servo board is bad? I've tried recalibrating and that didn't work either.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, I'm stuck. Thanks!

Furthermore, the gimbal shows the red light when powered on and gimbal overload on the DJI app.

Ive checked the set screw, its tight. Also, the flat part of the shaft is aligned.

It seems to get caught up after shaking when its on a corner. Does that suggest the yaw arm is slightly bent and should be replaced?

Furthermore, the gimbal shows the red light when powered on and gimbal overload on the DJI app.

Ive checked the set screw, its tight. Also, the flat part of the shaft is aligned.

It seems to get caught up after shaking when its on a corner. Does that suggest the yaw arm is slightly bent and should be replaced?
I have the same problem with my P3S. Just wondering if you ever found the problem? It looks to me like either the pitch motor board or the pitch motor itself?

I have the same problem with my P3S. Just wondering if you ever found the problem? It looks to me like either the pitch motor board or the pitch motor itself?
I think its the pitch motor, ive got a new one coming soon. Ill let you know what i find out.

So i figured out my problem. There is a bearing inside when the yaw arm connects to the main board. My bearing broke free and wasnt giving a little resistance like it should. I super glued it to the metal housing and it worked! What a pain

de1a847a82754407aa03d398e3641a75.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl