P3P...got brave and stretched her legs..For me anyway

Lablover,
You remind me of myself, I have read a ton of stuff about my phantom 3 advanced, on this forum and others but I still get nervous as hell when my ship becomes a small dot, I push the RTH and pray, the rush is frightening and fun.
Exactly!

Man, I can't wait for the weekend..more flying time for me. I really got to get that RC mod....If anything adds comfort I guess knowing I'll have a better connection.

Man, I can't wait for the weekend..more flying time for me. I really got to get that RC mod....If anything adds comfort I guess knowing I'll have a better connection.
Have you looked into it? I could ask that guy on Ebay for a make and model number if you want. I'm curious as to cost myself.
I have a P3S and love it, but it is a hassle with avoiding trees etc that block the signal.
I got so sick of it that I bought an Advanced that needed a LITTLE work and sent it in to DroneNerds to be fixed. I am looking forward to a controller that doesn't use wifi. but like you said any extra help with the connection is for me. Plus getting out 2 miles would be a complete rush for me..... we have a lot of power cable towers etc around here and there is always interference.

Have you looked into it? I could ask that guy on Ebay for a make and model number if you want. I'm curious as to cost myself.
I have a P3S and love it, but it is a hassle with avoiding trees etc that block the signal.
I got so sick of it that I bought an Advanced that needed a LITTLE work and sent it in to DroneNerds to be fixed. I am looking forward to a controller that doesn't use wifi. but like you said any extra help with the connection is for me. Plus getting out 2 miles would be a complete rush for me..... we have a lot of power cable towers etc around here and there is always interference.

I'm doing some research...Lots to look at for sure! Might be a few weeks before I pull the trigger on something.

I got this distance not long ago with my P3P and some basic windsurfers. Pretty open area in southeast Kansas without much interference. You guys are completely right though that distance flights are crazy addicting!

1de44286ec2a22405ff39b796cffd90b.jpg

Reactions: lablover
Yea, gonna have to stretch mty legs even more with the windsurfers...I got chicken at about a mile. Might have to take a road trip to some country area around here

I'm doing some research...Lots to look at for sure! Might be a few weeks before I pull the trigger on something.

Drone-world.com Only for P3A not Standard. Long range extender.
$200 for the unit, extra $150 to send them your controller and they will install it.
I can do it myself! If you go to their website they have a video showing how you are going to get 4 to 5 mile range. I have a funny feeling they are all going to be this price range. time to shake out the piggy bank!

I got this distance not long ago with my P3P and some basic windsurfers. Pretty open area in southeast Kansas without much interference. You guys are completely right though that distance flights are crazy addicting!

What are windsurfers?
1de44286ec2a22405ff39b796cffd90b.jpg

Reactions: Numone
SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro/Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced/4k/ Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extender (2 Pcs) Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4/4 Pro/Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced/4k/ Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extender (2 Pcs): Electronics

They're just a super affordable range extender. They work great!

I get it. I never heard them called that. My next purchase will be these. I just saw a video of an electrical engineer who did a test with a meter. 2.5 to 3 amps or volts or whatever without the windsurfers and 12 something with them. That's 4 times more range. Good enough for me.

3 miles is about 15,000 feet. That's 30,000 feet out and back. Enough juice for that?
Furthest I've managed is a round trip of 34k.16k out using a windsurfer. Got back with 22% battery. I've never tried a long distance trip again, as that was quite enough stress thank you!

Drone-world.com Only for P3A not Standard. Long range extender.
$200 for the unit, extra $150 to send them your controller and they will install it.
I can do it myself! If you go to their website they have a video showing how you are going to get 4 to 5 mile range. I have a funny feeling they are all going to be this price range. time to shake out the piggy bank!
If you get out to 5, how do you get back without a battery mod?

Furthest I've managed is a round trip of 34k.16k out using a windsurfer. Got back with 22% battery. I've never tried a long distance trip again, as that was quite enough stress thank you!
6 mile round trip and you had 22% left? Really? First thing I do when I get my P3A back from the shop is find some corn fields and run it out until I lose the signal. I can't stand this anymore.

9fb62362883ffa9c58a1b43bab457028.jpg

41,000 round trip but I ended up in a forced landing 1000 short of take of point.
Forced landings really increase the overall pucker factor!

9fb62362883ffa9c58a1b43bab457028.jpg

41,000 round trip but I ended up in a forced landing 1000 short of take of point.
Forced landings really increase the overall pucker factor!

Yeah, like if 1000 feet short is the river or somebody's pool. Do you have any mods? 57 mph? With a tornado at your back?!!!

Zero mods, just big balls! Obviously if your pushing distance you would want the first/last mile to be over land so you can ditch safely if the battery forces you down.
The day I set the speed record I flew 5 minutes into a 20mph headwind then turned around and let it rip!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl