P3P Firmware pains

Reaction score
Trying to update my P3P to the latest firmware version, Updated the drone the normal way via the micro SD no issue. went with the lazy method of updating via the DJI app for the controller, well apparently the app and the latest version on the website are not in sink with one another. The website has version 1.10.90 and the app would only update me to 1.8.80 and did so with no issues. other than the fact the things all haywire, so I am assuming the two need to be in sink with one another. SO I used the micro sd card to try and update the controller. Nothing happens, I plug the card reader into the usb port turn on the controller and the LED light goes to red and nothing happens from there, no sound no flash nada, let it sit the first time for 10 minutes staring at it nada. so I reformatted a new card and tried again same result nada. let it sit even longer finally after about 20 min or so it beeped a couple of times but still had the red light. after another 5 min or so I gave up again and turned it off and unplugged it. I've tried DJI support that was more of an aggravation than it was worth! Tried finding a local St. Louis area vendor who would possibly help or service it and turned up nothing but dust and similar aggravation experiences. Been searching the web for similar scenarios and just keep turning up the std firmware procedures I've exhausted. any help appreciated.

You can't update the RC via USB, can only be done via the GO app.
The P3P and the RC don't have the same version numbers...P3P latest is 1.10.90, and the RC is 1.8.0

I'm having the same issue. I think due to the different firmware [10.1.90 on the drone] & [1.8.0 on remote] I lost control of my drone today and it crashed. Lucky damage is not to bad. Anyways, I have tried 3 ways of doing the firmware upgrade, nothing works. Can somebody please help!!!
How do you sync firmware on both drone & remote?

Flying my my phantom 3 after new firmware update and completely lost drone. Disconnected. Never came back... gone. Wth do I do?

I'm having the same issue. I think due to the different firmware [10.1.90 on the drone] & [1.8.0 on remote] I lost control of my drone today and it crashed. Lucky damage is not to bad. Anyways, I have tried 3 ways of doing the firmware upgrade, nothing works. Can somebody please help!!!
How do you sync firmware on both drone & remote?
The versions on the drone and the remote don't have the same numbers....see my post (#2) above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl