P3P eBay Deal of the Day for $799

Where dose it Indicate what motors your bird has?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is all strange as I have the w323b. But I don't see s problem with range. I can easily go 15k plus with no issues. Even I can go 20k I will be more worried of battery. No matter if the power of motors your battery will not go more than 23-25 mins. So I don't understand why it matters. Someone enlighten me please.

The v1 birds (W322 and W323) are for those of us that want to get the absolute most range. We do it as a challenge and a hobby so a lot of additions are required (battery mods, antenna mods etc.) but we have to start with the most capable version of the P3's as well which are the v1 birds.

There's a member here that just got 9.2 miles out and 9.2 miles back with what we believe to be a P3P v1 (W323) with a battery mod and un-boosted custom DBS antenna. He landed with 0% battery and ran on 0% battery for a good 1000ft or so. It was touch and go at the end and he had to deal with flying under some power lines while the bird was under 10% battery. Under 10% battery the bird is auto landing so you have to be skillful and hold it up with throttle input. All that while dodging power lines was an amazing feet. There's a YouTube video of the whole flight if you want me to embed it.

Wow. What happened to auto land at 10% is there a way to bypass this feature. Just don't see how he flew at 0% unless it was pulling from external batteries.

You have to fight the sticks to keep it airborne after 10%. When it gets down around 5%, the bird is likely going down as the Phantom will then be in "glide" mode as no power from battery will still be provided.

I've seen this video before. And all i hear is them saying it did this and did that. But not once did I see telemetry. So I'm not convinced of 18 mile round trip regardless the mod. Unless he had a direct connection to a generator. Don't call me naysayer as I'm not. But most of us are accustomed to data. I just don't see it in the video. This looks like promo to sell a mod. Don't hate pls.

Last edited:
This is all strange as I have the w323b. But I don't see s problem with range. I can easily go 15k plus with no issues. Even I can go 20k I will be more worried of battery. No matter if the power of motors your battery will not go more than 23-25 mins. So I don't understand why it matters. Someone enlighten me please.

My battery mod supports 26-29 minute flight times. It's the reduction in power of the FPV feed from the aircraft, which is 30% less than that of the W323. With anything other than the W323, I have to be flying at 400 feet or higher to maintain stable FPV, while with the W323, I can still be at 50 feet AGL up to 5 miles away! Huge difference in the video from 50 feet v. 400 feet, which is no better than a Google Earth view.

Last edited:
Ok. I see. So I should try and stay down low when I want to go long? I will for sure try this next flight. I'm sure I will not go further than 18k for the mission I'm on. I've yet to lose. Fpv at those distances. Even at 400. But I do prefer the feed to be closer to the ground. You do have a point about looking like google maps from high.

I've seen this video before. And all i hear is them saying it did this and did that. But not once did I see telemetry. So I'm not convinced of 18 mile round trip regardless the mod. Unless he had a direct connection to a generator. Don't call me naysayer as I'm not. But most of us are accustomed to data. I just don't see it in the video. This looks like promo to sell a mod. Don't hate pls.

I would generally agree but I can take DBS's word for it. He's a standup guy and as you can see was present in the video. The operator wasn't there to sell a mod. He barely mentions it at the very end.

Any other deal on advanced or even standard? How come only pro model manage to drop 200!?

You think DJI is closing the p3 production line and trying to clear out inventory!

Hi Tony I took my week old P3P from thepixelhub out today, ideal weather sunny and no wind..assended of a hill out of town and decided to stretch her legs, got out to 16k (3miles) and returned ok with 22per cent battery...no complaints here! cheers.
Thats terrific. Any issues with the camera focus?

Hi Tony I took my week old P3P from thepixelhub out today, ideal weather sunny and no wind..assended of a hill out of town and decided to stretch her legs, got out to 16k (3miles) and returned ok with 22per cent battery...no complaints here! cheers.

Do you own a pv2+? If so, how does it compare in distance to the P3?

That's pretty good. Especially out of box. Wow only 22% left. How high were you. I'm thinking about staying kind of low next time. 50ft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor