P3P eBay Deal of the Day for $799

It's really amazing so many phantom pilots jumping on the pro instead of the p4. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was absolutely set on getting the P4, but this is $600 less, I've already acquired spare batteries and I'm reading up on apps that will do object tracking with a P3. it's too good to pass up for my personal uses.

I was absolutely set on getting the P4, but this is $600 less, I've already acquired spare batteries and I'm reading up on apps that will do object tracking with a P3. it's too good to pass up for my personal uses.

This was my line of thinking as well. By the time I hit the price for the P4 alone I can have this 799 deal and be loaded to the gills in accessories, batteries, and mods. Yet I still have the same basic functionality as the P4. Not to mention being on a proven platform with an established 3rd party market and apps. In my experience early adopters in anything, be it RC or real cars often get a less than ideal experience.

Frankly though, If the P4 was completely revolutionary in every way like the P3 was and not evolutionary as it is, I probably would have passed this deal and got the P4.

I have had multiple SanDisk and lexar fail on me. It seems the quality over the past few years has gone down. I personally have been going with Samsung pro or evo. Never have I had one fail yet. It's pretty devastating when they fail. I have had a SanDisk go out when some really personal family pictures on it. When I went to go buy a another SanDisk I realized I was not the only one facing these issues. The reviews on several sites showed the same thing.. just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

It does suck when your card fails and you lose all your personal content. Now I stick to brands that I haven't had any bad experiences with, such as Samsung. But others claim no issues with SanDisk. So clearly it's luck of the draw when it comes to these cards.

50a00f95457d3e7cf1dd318839004995.jpg

Placed my order last friday and got it on saturday!! Next day... It shipped from NY i live in DE.. Everthing as described .....

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
Agreed. Vertical studio does the object tracking. The app cost me $20. But I think it has gone up a little in price.

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
Agreed. Vertical studio does the object tracking. The app cost me $20. But I think it has gone up a little in price.

it's still just $19.99 to unlock the recording function. have you tried it out? I'll give it a go when I get my pro and have my nephews run around in the park. [emoji16]

Been on the fence about buying a P3 as I have several FW550's. I saw this EBay deal last night and decided to sleep on it... Well at 0330 the sleeping ended and I pulled the trigger. Being in Ca a week of waiting begins. I have a 3D printer so there are upgrades and protective devices to be made.
Thanks for sharing the information.

it's still just $19.99 to unlock the recording function. have you tried it out? I'll give it a go when I get my pro and have my nephews run around in the park. [emoji16]
Yes. I tried it on a boat. It followed it fine. It was a speed boat. I just wished I could use my goggles with it. It's very easy app.

Thank you! You pretty much just obliterated the only serious feature I was regretting not getting from the P4 when I decided on the P3P! Now I'm pretty much completely satisfied!

Reactions: Rusty42
I have had multiple SanDisk and lexar fail on me. It seems the quality over the past few years has gone down. I personally have been going with Samsung pro or evo. Never have I had one fail yet. It's pretty devastating when they fail. I have had a SanDisk go out when some really personal family pictures on it. When I went to go buy a another SanDisk I realized I was not the only one facing these issues. The reviews on several sites showed the same thing.. just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, lots of bogus SanDisk labelled cards made it into the retail sales channel as SanDisk cards. Never had a Lexar card fail in 10 years. Likely, just lucky.

It does suck when your card fails and you lose all your personal content. Now I stick to brands that I haven't had any bad experiences with, such as Samsung. But others claim no issues with SanDisk. So clearly it's luck of the draw when it comes to these cards.
With any card, its best to limit your exposre by spreading your content over multiple cards, rather than keeping it all on one, without having backed it up. Yes, you increase the chances of a bad card by using more cards, but you also limit the damage one bad card can do. Trust, but verify! Copy in the field, if you can, to verify the content on a portable card-reading hard drive. Also, swap cards every time you swap batteries or land!

Well I'm relieved the deal has worked out so well for everyone! I would have felt really bad sharing it if it hadn't o_O Fly safe everyone, don't forget to mark em with your FAA number too (keep it legal and such).

Reactions: Josh Curtiss
Well I'm relieved the deal has worked out so well for everyone! I would have felt really bad sharing it if it hadn't o_O Fly safe everyone, don't forget to mark em with your FAA number too (keep it legal and such).
Make sure to first register yourself with the FAA as a Small UAS Pilot! :cool:
No "borrowing" of others' FAA registration numbers found on the internet! :eek:

Finally pulled the trigger on this deal myself last night. Had been waiting since I first saw the first post. I had a P3A at first that I purchased from Amazon for $10 less than what this was. I returned it for "lower price available," which is kinda true. This was........ Just had to wait on the return to be processed and the refund go back to my card.

Mine is on truck for delivery. Will let you guys know. Unfortunaly pixelhub owes me a $49 refund because he screwed up my shipping speed. We will see what happens.

Howdy everyone. My father and I are about to purchase our first drone. I was set on the P3 Advanced as I was going to buy it from Best Buy since I have a good amount of credit.

If I can get some advice it would be much appreciated. So the only difference on the Advanced and Pro is the 4k camera from my understanding. I'm able to price match Best Buy from B&H photo to 769 for the Advanced Model. I have about $150 in Best Buy gift cards and credit which would bring the cost down to around $600. That's a lot more doable than purchasing the Pro full price out of pocket at $799 on ebay. My question is, since this is our first drone, do I really need the 4K camera? Starting out we're looking to do this as a hobby. But would love to move into helping out short, independent films in the area get some arial shots if needed or maybe doing some real estate or whatever on the side. My father and I don't even have 4k TV's or monitors let alone monitors that even playback 2.7k. So is the 4k camera worth the investment or would you recommend just grabbing the Advanced for $600 from Best Buy and learning on that and down the road, selling it to upgrade if needed? I just don't want buyers remorse later on. I have a filmmaking background so I'm pretty skilled in that department.

I also don't want any Warranty or registering issues when I register the S/N with DJI. Not sure if people had success registering with purchasing through ebay when posts say DJI specifically say they aren't an authorized seller yet the Seller claims they are.

Thanks much!

My question is, since this is our first drone, do I really need the 4K camera? Starting out we're looking to do this as a hobby. But would love to move into helping out short, independent films in the area get some arial shots if needed or maybe doing some real estate or whatever on the side. My father and I don't even have 4k TV's or monitors let alone monitors that even playback 2.7k. So is the 4k camera worth the investment or would you recommend just grabbing the Advanced for $600 from Best Buy and learning on that and down the road, selling it to upgrade if needed? I just don't want buyers remorse later on. I have a filmmaking background so I'm pretty skilled in that department.

You're going to love it! People with a filmmaking or photography background are captivated by these things.

The camera is pretty much THE reason I bought a P3P from my P2V+. I don't have professional experience but I'm a prosumer with a critical eye with video quality. Whereas I felt like the P2V+ output was decent, it just lacked the crisp quality that I saw on YouTube videos of P3P owners. YouTube videos. Mostly posted at 1080p.

The point isn't to have your final product be 4K, but to have that high-quality material to work with so you (1) have wiggle room to frame up/crop you shots, and (2) have superior quality when you reencode your final output at 1080p or whatever.

I know the P3A camera is better than the P2V+ so this isn't apples to apples, but I'm so glad I've got the 4K camera now and I don't plan on saving my final projects to 4K anytime soon.

Hope this helps. One point of view.

Josh

Reactions: GadgetGuy
the advanced is a fantastic machine but don't forget the 10 Mb/s video downlink and fast charger that comes with the pro.

How about $27 for the Lexar 64GB 633x including a USB card reading stick, and no sales tax, without ever leaving the house??
Lexar 64GB High Performance UHS-I microSDXC LSDMI64GBB1NL633R
My choice is the 16GB Lexar 633x including the same USB card reading stick for $10! Can't beat it!
Lexar 16GB High Performance UHS-I microSDHC LSDMI16GBB1NL633R
Just bought a few more! :D
those are UHS-1 cards which might not reliably work with 4K. Phantom supplies UHS-3 and that was what I was told to get.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3