P3 P/A battery and P3S

yeah I buy from amazon for ease of return, but you don't have a whole lot of time its best to run the crap out of a battery for a few cycles to see if its gonna do ok before the return period ends. My chief financial advisor (wife) has halted my battery spending at 8. I'd like to have 2 more so gonna have to use my mad money to get them on the down low. lol

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I will keep an eye on it , it's no loss if it goes bad since it was free :)
Unless it causes the bird to drop out of the sky at the most in-opportune moment. ;)

A easy question....where do i look for the batteries "Firmware" numbers to see what version i have ....i'm learning more ever time when i log in and read these tech discussions.....Thanks to all who Help me learn More !

I bought two of these batteries off the Amazon site. Both showed the broken cell warning. When I called Amazon, (You enter your number and Amazon calls you), they said they would replace or give a refund. I told them I would let them know. I then sent an email to the third party seller. In broken English they said that DJI had upgraded their firmware and their batteries would no longer work. I sent another email asking why they still sold them if they no longer worked, but never received an answer. Amazon refunded my money, and I bought original OEM batteries. More expensive, but I had a Phantom II fall from the sky with an aftermarket battery. I'm not taking any chances with destroying another quad, or causing property or injury to someone just to save a few bucks.

A easy question....where do i look for the batteries "Firmware" numbers to see what version i have ....i'm learning more ever time when i log in and read these tech discussions.....Thanks to all who Help me learn More !
not sure about that brother but they should update to your drones firmware when you install and power up. I'm baffled as to why these aftermarket batteries don't do that. I switch batteries between two different firmware drones and I don't have any issues doing it. My though is the battery will switch to whatever drone firmware you install it in.

Have you tried to reinstall the .1.9.2 with that battery?? .I had to do it with a few of my after market batteries.I actually went down to 1.8.1 then with SIM card went back up to 1.9.2 and it reset the battery firmware.They say phantom on them but 1.9.2 firmware said invalid battery.After update they no longer get warnings.Hope this helps.

I bought two of these batteries off the Amazon site. Both showed the broken cell warning. When I called Amazon, (You enter your number and Amazon calls you), they said they would replace or give a refund. I told them I would let them know. I then sent an email to the third party seller. In broken English they said that DJI had upgraded their firmware and their batteries would no longer work. I sent another email asking why they still sold them if they no longer worked, but never received an answer. Amazon refunded my money, and I bought original OEM batteries. More expensive, but I had a Phantom II fall from the sky with an aftermarket battery. I'm not taking any chances with destroying another quad, or causing property or injury to someone just to save a few bucks.
Oh......Don't after market batteries void your warranty ! i have read that on this form .

Reactions: epicdoom
here is another thing to remember the battery update comes from leaving the firmware file on your SD card if you don't have the file on the card go and download it and see if that helps to reset the firmware on the battery. I suspect this is why I can swap batteries back and forth from my p3s and p34k which have completely different firmware

Oh......Don't after market batteries void your warranty ! i have read that on this form .
that's the word brother not sure if its true or just DJI bunk to convince folks to only buy DJI batteries. I'm personally not willing to risk it so I just buy DJI only same with Props

here is another thing to remember the battery update comes from leaving the firmware file on your SD card if you don't have the file on the card go and download it and see if that helps to reset the firmware on the battery. I suspect this is why I can swap batteries back and forth from my p3s and p34k which have completely different firmware
I tried that , I have two sd cards , the oem 8gb and a 16gb , I put the oem 8gb back in the phantom before the last update and left the bin file on it , when I got my new battery I put the 8gb back in and it made no difference , did not downgrade the firmware on the battery , I think everything would have to be downgraded below 1.9.2 then upgraded to 1.9.2 and I not willing to downgrade everything when it's working just fine

I just cant wrap my head around why it wont just default to the firmware on the card, I'm guessing something in the program isn't looking for that file

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164