P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

No, it's not! I've only had problems when doing an IMU calibration. From what I understand it's already calibrated from the factory and you don't need to do it unless it tells you. Just like the compass.
I would question this, particularily with resoect to running with a factory compass calibration.

Unless your flying within a reasonable distance of the DJI assembly plant in China I would be doing a fresh calibration out of the box.

As to the IMU you nwould want to hope the shipping companies and storeman didnt subject the phantom to any rough treatment. It isnt that difficulty to put the accelerometer out of whack.

For the effort required and potential outcome of skipping the calibrations i would do both.

I updated the firmware and controller.
flew through two batterys and both flights went off with out any problems,
Dji batterys

I know I have a good IMU calibration. Bird warms up fast, even when it's cold out. Hovers great. I'm not convinced that the IMU calibration is necessarily a good idea unless the FW update has clearly wiped it.

I think it's clear by the number of folks that don't do this after a FW update that the IMU cal doesn't get wiped as a matter of course. Unless there is an explicit reason to recalibrate, I'm not compelled.

I even made a IMU before flight the first time....
Traveling from China can modified IMU values.....but this is me!

Bot did I just have a weird update. P3S, started the update using my Shield (android), Could not get past 44%. Restarted and got to 4% two times. I thought well this is the end....Then I tried using my Ipad. Updated with no problem.
For the life of me I could not figure out why.

The Nvidia Shield was doing some weird stuff. When I loaded the GO App, it would alternate between the Phantom and the Inspire. Back and forth. Shut down tablet. restarted it and then the Go App. worked OK, then the upgrade failed again. When I tried to restart the upgrade it started to bounce back and forth from Phantom to Inspire again.

That's when I decided to try using the Ipad. I am at a loss. Anybody got any ideas as to why that happened?
The fact that I am already bald did not help. I could not pull my hair out...LOL

No, it's not! I've only had problems when doing an IMU calibration. From what I understand it's already calibrated from the factory and you don't need to do it unless it tells you. Just like the compass.

while obviously this has worked for you it is not really true or factual, sorry!

it is set at the factory as stated , true and factual.
HOWEVER
when shipped in boxes for 6000 miles in planes, trains, and trucks,
and then tossed around by UPS and Fed Ex etc things get knocked out of wack sometimes...(gyros,etc.)

also a compass set in a factory in China is NOT the correct setting for someone is the US or UK etc....

The app will tell you when something is way off but not always for lesser issues...

not saying this needs done all the time
certain events like updates, flying in a far location from normal, after hard land/crash, etc they are suggested to do.

Good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: Mordor
Another Go App update!!! 2.7.1 for ios. Might be "fixing" P4 issues. Get the popcorn, this is getting interesting. I'm staying at what I have. Glad I turned auto-update off.

Updated everything and had no issues through 3/4 of a battery. Did a compass calibration but didn't have a need for IMU. Flight was fine and I really seen no difference other than the camera view seemed somewhat sharper. Will fly tomorrow for distance.

Last edited:
Updated everything and had no issues through 3/4 of a battery. Did a compass calibration but didn't have a need for IMU. Flight was fine and see I really seen no difference other than the camera view seemed somewhat sharper. Will fly tomorrow for distance.

Did you have any custom camera settings for sharpness etc? Sounds like the update cleans them out.

Anyone check to see if this update fixes the bug in Autopilot where RTH does not activate when signal is lost?

Only issue I have had thus far has been some drifting at lower hover heights of as steady as before ..she climbs faster brake turns seem slower on rotation distance has improved slightly for me and I am getting more SATs for GPS lock

Am I the only one facing problems zooming the map on DJI GO 2.7.1 and Ipad Mini 4 iOS 9.2.1 ??

Bumping this to see if anyone else is experiencing zooming problems with the latest version of GO?

I have the same problems as @Baldo81.

Anyone check to see if this update fixes the bug in Autopilot where RTH does not activate when signal is lost?
The last autopilot update corrected that issue.
071341c19d72a49adce04f77c1a0e47a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bumping this to see if anyone else is experiencing zooming problems with the latest version of GO?

I have the same problems as @Baldo81.

I've got the same problem as well!!!!
I can slide to one side then I can't slide back.
Doesn't work as smoothly as before!

True. Might be tempted to try when the wind drops a bit. Really silly if it doesn't RTH though. Even sillier if they block the batteries (are the even allowed to law wise) it's my choice and the warranty is a bit useless anyway once you have the bird a while.

Hi

I'm pretty sure that the battery-blocking is not allowed according to the laws we have in Europe - not 100%, but I'll ask a friend of mine, who is knows a bit more than me :)

The reason why it's illigal (if I remember corretly), should be that it gives DJI the right to dictate the battery pricing.

I also see the same issue on iPad Air with iOS 8.3.
The map page problem is a known issue that DJI knows about. Hopefully a fix is coming quickly. Since I fly an air2 and this is an IOS issue, I'm waiting out updating everything until this is addressed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl