P-gps 14 Sats... Attitude mode?

Reaction score
Went for a night flight this evening.. GPS went in and out.. Mostly out with 13-14 SATs and mostly clear skies ( I think). Is this normal?

Attachments

• 1464328718704.jpg
    1464328718704.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 393
This is not correct. You don't seem to have latest SW.

Sometimes I have seen the no of sats drop down to 15 without any apparent reason, but anything more than 7 or 8 should be enough for GPS mode to function. 13 should be plenty.

//Tom

Your sat signal is down to 3 bars. Possibly because you are near something big. Blocking signal from sides.

Reactions: WetDog
Same thing happens to me and i have read about others with the issue.
Clear sky, 15 sat locked. then drops to safe to fly-non-gps with 10-14 sat.
All upgraded firmware.

Seems to have started a few revs ago. I've seen it once, briefly. Not clearly associated with anything except perhaps aliens.

Another good reason to learn to fly in ATTI mode - the GPS system will come back soon, all you have to do is keep the bird in the air. I don't think it is due to anything inherent in the GPS cluster as I've not seen any glitches on my boat. I wonder if DJI has firmware similar to this ('glitch detection') that they tweaked a while ago?

I've also read a bunch of boating forum threads on recent Garmin 'upgrades' that caused frequent dropouts and lots of gnashing of teeth and rending of garments. It subsequently got fixed - point being that software changes can easily disrupt GPS functionality.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl