OMG!! Its a MIRACLE!!

CX-10_Green_3_20013a01-1455-43ea-abf0-c39b581dd8bd_grande.jpg
Yes but something like the X5C- which I bought- will not help much if the failure is in the app- or lose of gps -since the X5C has non of those- and the P3 is very flyer friendly just let go of the sticks and it will hover till you have time to think and react accordingly- and you can regain control in RTH by pushing it again- I am just saying that if I had the choice again I would not have bothered with the toy version
Agree with you. I lost about $500 in the sky on smaller quads (2 X5C's) and three other quads. I guess i'd sum it up by saying every time I flew one of those smaller one's outside my pulse always shot up, not so with the phantom (short of a near catastrophe). I have tons more faith in my phantom obviously.
If someone I knew wanted to get into quads and wanted to learn the dynamics of flying a quad before spending the dough, I'd recommend getting a CX-10 and a few sets of spare blades to go along with the spares they ship with and just fly that in indoor environments till you feel comfortable.

Last edited:
Well got it back in the sky- no damage fly's like new-- really unbelievable-- sky gods are smiling on me!!

So I believe it was totally my fault--after looking at the event and after my first reactions- the P3 was working fine- I think I lost the signal and the RTH did not work because the P3 had crashed at that time- not sure if when they crash and fall to the ground in a forest like area that it will cause the signal lose or not I know the RTH would not work on a P3 lying half way upside down in a bush
Great story. And good for you for sharing . That is all part of the joy of owing one of these things. Tension, stress, agony followed by wide grins, relief and learning experiences. Woo hoo! lets try that again!

The OP said it drifted or flew behind him and out of sight when he was messing with the camera settings. That shouldn't have happened, the bird should have held position in a stable hover, so could it have been in Atti mode perhaps?

This.

Why didn't your drone just hover in GPS mode when you lost signal? When my app has disconnected before (it happens A LOT) I still have control of the drone and it still has GPS.

He may have lost sat signal in which case like mine it can drift away in the wind at breakneck speed.
And if you cant see it or app crashes, then you are the mercy of the quad gods.

Well got it back in the sky- no damage fly's like new-- really unbelievable-- sky gods are smiling on me!!

Very glad to hear this. We don't have enough post crash happy endings in this hobby.

Wow. That is incredible. I'm thrilled for you. Wow.

I'm not gonna give anyone too much of a hard time as I have to admit I've done the same kinda stuff. I was lucky as my "hard landings" came out ok. I do fly away from people so any damage is gonna be strictly to my pocket book...and ego. The upside to "live and learn" is I've not had one incident happen in a long, long time. I know what to do and what not to do because I have first hand experience of the "what not to do's" and why.

I think the feeling of loosing one's brand new Phantom ranks right up there with, "I want a divorce." That pain is punishment enough. LOL

Again, really happy for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl