OMG!! Its a MIRACLE!!

The OP said it drifted or flew behind him and out of sight when he was messing with the camera settings. That shouldn't have happened, the bird should have held position in a stable hover, so could it have been in Atti mode perhaps?

Nice folks to let you look. A wee bunch of flowers for the old bird would be nice for sure.

Hope you patch her up and are flying again soon, eyes on bird this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: claws
Would be a nice touch to go and visit your neighbour when he is awake to give him a demo.

Reactions: claws
In the app, go to user center, and click the bottom middle icon. (Looks like a paper airplane.)

So I watches the recording but not sure what I am looking for- all seemed fine- does it tell you if the was a signal disconnect or does it tell you if you have pushed RTH button?

So I watches the recording but not sure what I am looking for- all seemed fine- does it tell you if the was a signal disconnect or does it tell you if you have pushed RTH button?

Flight record playback will show when RTH is initiated.

The mode will show as "GoHome"

image.jpg

so according to the flight data it did not show RTH so I must have just hit the tree and that caused the no signal ect

For me it really was a waste of money --the P3 is really easy to fly -unless like me you are not paying attention

For me it really was a waste of money --the P3 is really easy to fly -unless like me you are not paying attention

This is exactly why you should get a tiny toy quad before stepping up. Syma X5C is a perfect copter to learn on.

I bought one but the controllers where not the same-- it did help just to get used to flying- but in reality if you are carefull (unlike I was) then I would spend the money on my P3- I had at least 20 flight with no problems --the toy would not have help in my situation

I
When you lose the App FPV connection, the RC controller usually still has flight control signals, and you should push the left stick up to gain altitude and hopefully get LOS back so the App can reconnect. My iPad Air might have10 or 20 other apps running in the background sometimes.

So I strongly recommend, before launching the DJI Pilot App you go through your running Apps and shut all of them down. This gives the full CPU and memory horsepower to the DJI Pilot App. It might help to re-cache the satellite maps too. My tablets tries to use week WiFi to avoid running up data on the cellular connection, and that can produce very slow map loading. If I turn off WiFi, the loading from LTE is much faster.

Don't let the DJI Pilot App get hung-up, while background Apps use up your CPU cycles or try to use the cellular link to report something you don't need to be reported while your $1,300 Phantom is hovering at 250 feet. Read your table manual, there may be a way to do a "hard" restart and make sure no background apps are using up your tablet's processing power while you need it to focus on the Phantom Pilot App.
I bought an iPad mini 4 for the drone, clean, no apps and works brilliantly. And now have 5 batteries for extended flying. Getting some amazing pics of my coal stock piles, now all
I need is a good app for survey analysis

The X5C is really good practice, and may help you save the Phantom if a GPS glitch. The very first night of flying the P3 I had a compass error and loss of GPS just as gusts of wind were coming up. If I was a newbie flyer, it would have crashed for sure.

I have to say I am concerned that it did not self initiate RTH after being out of contact with the transmitter for over 3 seconds.
My P2 lost contact with TX last year, it takes more than 3 seconds for auto-RTH to initiate, for mine it took about 1 minute then it verrrrrry slowly ascended to the pre-determined altitude I had pre-set
at my home's PC... all told it took a couple to three minutes for it to RTH. I know it isn't a P3 but I think they both operate on the same principle.

I

I bought an iPad mini 4 for the drone, clean, no apps and works brilliantly. And now have 5 batteries for extended flying. Getting some amazing pics of my coal stock piles, now all
I need is a good app for survey analysis
I didn't know the ipad mini 4 was available

Yes but something like the X5C- which I bought- will not help much if the failure is in the app- or lose of gps -since the X5C has non of those- and the P3 is very flyer friendly just let go of the sticks and it will hover till you have time to think and react accordingly- and you can regain control in RTH by pushing it again- I am just saying that if I had the choice again I would not have bothered with the toy version

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik