Nope. Haven't tried that. However, I did set my region from Finland to US and I am able to access or manually set the channels. I see many hear go very deep into this and I think it is cool as I siphon off bits of info here and there. I fly for relaxation (took a few flights to get the pucker factor to lessen. :) ) but my real hobbies are photography (I am perfecting my night shooting with the P4 which is hobbled by its sensor), and Aikido (with Samurai sword training). I grab the drone when time permits and I head out down to the harbors to fly. If you get the chance, head over to www.vimeo.com/toho and you can see what I face when flying in the harbor but also some decent night flying.
Cool! Give the channel hack a try. It will allow you to find unused channels that are unlikely to be used by the ships, so you can shoot them! You do have to use a manual channel in the hack, as auto can't use the hack!

Reactions: deltalimatango
Cool! Give the channel hack a try. It will allow you to find unused channels that are unlikely to be used by the ships, so you can shoot them! You do have to use a manual channel in the hack, as auto can't use the hack!

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Hey guys first time posting here. Ordered the itelite from Jake, it should be showing up later today so I decided to test the range on my completely stock Phantom 4. 25,134 ft!! Was getting some weak video warnings but everything else was pretty smooth.
Excellent! Have you traveled with sports mode at full speed?

I'm kind of seeing how far I can go without a battery mod and boosters. I just moved here from flying over the ocean... Finding a spot in the desert has been a challenge believe it or not.

Thanks to PHXBIRD he gave me a spot I love. I'm no where close to being done yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Lightspeed as I have told others where we fly is next to perfect. wait till the temperature drops and no humidity ( ok maybe 5%). You will see that signal even farther but you will also see the flashing red light low battery. The sweet thing it's easy walking :cool:.

For some reason, my previous best of 21,000+ feet didn't get put on the leaderboard so I decided to blow the stock distance out of the water today. 27,224.7 feet totally stock except I put some $20 AerialTek folding parabolic antenna reflectors on. I did have the video flicker a few times but otherwise it stayed very nice. A guy with a cargo trailer even drove in front of me and parked slightly off my right when I was furthest away. I thought to myself, really?!!! Murphy's law. Who would have thought that would happen right at that moment? However, I was able to keep the video even though it flickered a little when he drove in front of where I was standing. Also, I was pointing my antenna reflector in the direction of my truck which has two kayaks on a rack up high. I would call this a pretty challenging environment. I feel strongly I can go 30,000 feet but it would have to be on a perfect day wind wise...and no cargo trailers. ; )

So here you go Jake, I believe this is good enough to go on your leaderboard this time.
View media item 2284
Could you tell us your speed?

Keeping 32 is tough.

Not if you know what you are doing, and make that your priority. Put a rubber band over your right stick and attach it to a winder like a GoPro mount dial, to maintain the correct mount of forward tension! :cool: Now you can relax, and just decide when to turn around!

Here is my Phantom 4 distance using MaxxRange DBS antenna panel unboosted with battery mods.

P4 flight personal record.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Not if you know what you are doing, and make that your priority. Put a rubber band over your right stick and attach it to a winder like a GoPro mount dial, to maintain the correct mount of forward tension! :cool: Now you can relax, and just decide when to turn around!

Well I believe I know what I'm doing.... Even with no tools or add ins beyond a antenna I've done over 25,000'.

I try to keep it 28 to 29, because anymore pushes the RPM's too high. I keep trying to push the limits and try different things.

Funny you mention the GoPro mount and a rubber band. I just sent Jake a request to develop something like DBS made. I want something to control ascent and descent alongside speed control. Even with my best steady hand I vary too much.

Work in progress and I keep pushing myself. I wonder if that's why I only can get 25,000' ? I see others doing 27,000' with like setups.

Well I believe I know what I'm doing.... Even with no tools or add ins beyond a antenna I've done over 25,000'.

I try to keep it 28 to 29, because anymore pushes the RPM's too high. I keep trying to push the limits and try different things.

Funny you mention the GoPro mount and a rubber band. I just sent Jake a request to develop something like DBS made. I want something to control ascent and descent alongside speed control. Even with my best steady hand I vary too much.

Work in progress and I keep pushing myself. I wonder if that's why I only can get 25,000' ? I see others doing 27,000' with like setups.

Try 32 mph instead. That will get you the extra 8% you seek, and use a tension winder to keep it there! :cool:

PS. I'm having a real tough time getting Jake to put my name on the leader board. Is it something I said, Jake? Gotta give a man props (pun intended) for putting it all on the line, right?
Well did ya ask him like this.
JakeMaxxUAV Put me on that board :)

This is correct. I concentrated on maintaining the correct speed that I heard about on this forum. Made a difference for me. However, you need a short period of full forward on the right stick to get an idea of what the winds are up there. Is there a headwind or tailwind and just how much? That way you have a more educated guess when it is time to turn back.

PS. I'm having a real tough time getting Jake to put my name on the leader board. Is it something I said, Jake? Gotta give a man props (pun intended) for putting it all on the line, right?
I suggest something which might help. Spend one battery trying to fly at constant speed (30-32mph) may be for 4-5km and return back home at about the same speed. Do your calculations and find the average battery consumption per km for forward direction and for return direction. Then, considering the remaining battery capacity you wish to have when returned back (I suggest at least 7%), estimate the maximum possible distance you can fly. Now, fly immediately after this test flight, with another fully charged battery. Then it is highly probable to make a record!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
For some reason, my previous best of 21,000+ feet didn't get put on the leaderboard so I decided to blow the stock distance out of the water today. 27,224.7 feet totally stock except I put some $20 AerialTek folding parabolic antenna reflectors on. I did have the video flicker a few times but otherwise it stayed very nice. A guy with a cargo trailer even drove in front of me and parked slightly off my right when I was furthest away. I thought to myself, really?!!! Murphy's law. Who would have thought that would happen right at that moment? However, I was able to keep the video even though it flickered a little when he drove in front of where I was standing. Also, I was pointing my antenna reflector in the direction of my truck which has two kayaks on a rack up high. I would call this a pretty challenging environment. I feel strongly I can go 30,000 feet but it would have to be on a perfect day wind wise...and no cargo trailers. ; )

So here you go Jake, I believe this is good enough to go on your leaderboard this time.
View media item 2284
Very good! Why did you fly at so high altitude?

068895bf458f085ca9f0034e03ac3d0e.jpg

This is in a built up urban area with a train track going through it, lots of towers, three network antenna, and lots of houses. Not bad at all for the P3A esp when it was out of sight.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

19,326'(3.66 miles) with a total of 38,943' total distance today with just windsurfers. Also, I used Tap2Fly on this and my other long distance flight. Slowly catching up!

I suggest something which might help. Spend one battery trying to fly at constant speed (30-32mph) may be for 4-5km and return back home at about the same speed. Do your calculations and find the average battery consumption per km for forward direction and for return direction. Then, considering the remaining battery capacity you wish to have when returned back (I suggest at least 7%), estimate the maximum possible distance you can fly. Now, fly immediately after this test flight, with another fully charged battery. Then it is highly probable to make a record!
...and if you fail, you'll have a great story to tell, and a crash video to show everyone of the demise of your P4! :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94