Environmental factors are the most important. What works for one person may not work for another. It's best to try all the different options out and simply find out what works best for you.

It definitely does. Auto allows the app to select the best channel while you fly. It will jump around to the best channel while you're flying. If you set it to manual it will stay on that one channel.
Right. Does that make any difference to the range of FPV transmission?

Here you go, 22169 ft.
GL300C that came with the P4, modded with FPVLRv2, unboosted. Had to come back because of battery and landed, just in time, at 4%. (16 minutes). Flew at 100% throttle, which the battery doesn't seem to like. Very windy though.

U4EUhTj.png

Last edited:
My point is that Manual gives you 32 channels to choose from and auto only uses 8 channels. The best channels are 21 and up and manual is the only way to use those. So if someone lives in a busy area those higher channels may work better .

On my P3P my auto seems to be able to select all the way up to 20, unless I am reading something wrong, not just the first 8 Channels.

Maybe so. I thought on the software it had 500 meter limit on the distance and height but can't swear to that. [emoji106].
I'm really loving this P4 but only been able to make 1 short flight. Wind has been howling. Makes me nerves. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe so. I thought on the software it had 500 meter limit on the distance and height but can't swear to that. [emoji106].
I'm really loving this P4 but only been able to make 1 short flight. Wind has been howling. Makes me nerves. Lol

Ahh, yeah, I'm pretty sure what you saw was the max height. There is a max distance in beginner mode I believe.

You guys are getting great distance with stock transmitters. Very impressive.

I'm happy to announce I have broken my record! Completely calm conditions this morning. Max distance was 19,335.7 feet at ~175 feet. 3.66 miles!!! Is that a world record for stock P4? Total flight distance was 38,839.1 feet with a total flight time of 14 minutes 41 seconds. Landed with 30% battery.

Controller signal was full scale and HD downlink was -1 bar when I turned around. I believe I could have pushed it farther but didn't want to risk having to land in the water.

Completely stock P4 and controller running auto channel mode. Any questions? Just ask! Photo of me was after I completed the flight. :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 786
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 752
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 617
I'm happy to announce I have broken my record! Completely calm conditions this morning. Max distance was 19,335.7 feet at ~175 feet. 3.66 miles!!! Is that a world record for stock P4? Total flight distance was 38,839.1 feet with a total flight time of 14 minutes 41 seconds. Landed with 30% battery.

Controller signal was full scale and HD downlink was -1 bar when I turned around. I believe I could have pushed it farther but didn't want to risk having to land in the water.

Completely stock P4 and controller running auto channel mode. Any questions? Just ask! Photo of me was after I completed the flight. :)
Wow! Nice work man!

Reactions: Kman

Nice job what your total distance on your phantom 4.
My phantom 3 just hit 1,000,000 ft after 40 flights. Lol

Reactions: Kman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik