I thought it was easier than the P3. Nope. You need to take it apart. You'd need very big holes. Taking it apart was easy. No pics with batts. Will take pic when I have a chance.
So it's doable to take it apart then, without destroying something? How much time did you spend? You just soldered the XT60s straight to the red and black wires?

You seem too be pretty adept with editing. Can it be done in post with some zooming, cropping or blurring of that portion of the frame? Have you tried any of the ND filters to eliminate it with a slow shutter speed? Rarely had this issue with the P3P, but you have to love the speed of the P4! Flight time may be less, but you cover the terrain faster, especially during the boring travels over water between sights!
1. Yes. Cropping works as long as it was shot in more than 1080p if you want to keep the quality up.
2. Yes. It helps a lot but can be hard to achieve easily

Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GadgetGuy
So it's doable to take it apart then, without destroying something? How much time did you spend? You just soldered the XT60s straight to the red and black wires?
1. Yep.. Mine works just fine after taking it apart and putting it back together.
2. Maybe an hour. Maybe 1.5 hours. Not sure. Now that I've done it would be much faster next time
3. Yep. Was easy as that.

1. Yep.. Mine works just fine after taking it apart and putting it back together.
2. Maybe an hour. Maybe 1.5 hours. Not sure. Now that I've done it would be much faster next time
3. Yep. Was easy as that.
Soldering XT60 well is not that easy though is it?
Did you need any separate cable to solder the XT60s? I suppose you do, what AWG is necessary?

Reactions: Fast13
Soldering XT60 well is not that easy though is it?
Did you need any separate cable to solder the XT60s? I suppose you do, what AWG is necessary?
Yes. You need a connecting wire. Not sure of gage.

Here's my p4 run 21,914 with ItElite DBS Antenna
d130a128d831ff0d86dcbc63091c8f10.jpg

@JakeMaxxUAV

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
What settings is everyone using for their long range runs? I'm having hard time figuring out the most efficient way to run this bird out. My run tonight was 15k and I turned around with 68 percent and got back with 39 percent left . I could've gone much further. I was flying in sport mode trying to keep the rpm around 5200-5500 while maintains a speed of 27 mph going out . Coming back my speed was 44 @ 5500 rpm . I had a nice tailwind on the return. I've still got a lot to learn .

What settings is everyone using for their long range runs? I'm having hard time figuring out the most efficient way to run this bird out. My run tonight was 15k and I turned around with 68 percent and got back with 39 percent left . I could've gone much further. I was flying in sport mode trying to keep the rpm around 5200-5500 while maintains a speed of 27 mph going out . Coming back my speed was 44 @ 5500 rpm . I had a nice tailwind on the return. I've still got a lot to learn .

To maximize flight time, turn OAS on, which limits speed to 22 mph, which is apparently the most efficient speed sweet spot. I got 25 minutes on my first P4 flight in P mode with OAS turned on, flying full throttle, flying a continuous POI 850 feet away around me at 22 mph. Not sure if that also maximizes distance, but it would seem to, as it is also the DJI chosen RTH speed, where max distance to make it all the way home would be important in their algorithm.

To maximize flight time, turn OAS on, which limits speed to 22 mph, which is apparently the most efficient speed sweet spot. I got 25 minutes on my first P4 flight in P mode with OAS turned on, flying full throttle, flying a continuous POI 850 feet away around me at 22 mph. Not sure if that also maximizes distance, but it would seem to, as it is also the DJI chosen RTH speed, where max distance to make it all the way home would be important in their algorithm.
Good tip!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Gadget Guy is right about flight time... 22mph max is best for flight time in my experience... Multiple 26+ minute flights....Best distances I've gotten are flying faster in the 34-38 range... Definitely need more testing though to find sweet spot for both... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gadget Guy is right about flight time... 22mph max is best for flight time in my experience... Multiple 26+ minute flights....Best distances I've gotten are flying faster in the 34-38 range... Definitely need more testing though to find sweet spot for both... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's what I want too! With the P3P, it was simply full throttle all the time in P-GPS which was effectively 35mph. P4 will require some testing. Let's test away, and report back!:cool:

This morning flight went well. 16,100 ft full signal landed with 32% so could've gone much further. I was flying in sport mode but kept the rpm's around 4800-5000 which yielded a horizontal speed of 20-24 Mph. Definitely going slow us the most efficient way to fly.

Nice!!! Was that boosted?
Yeah it was boosted but I was disappointed I didn't go farther . I chickened out and landed with 32%. I know I can do 4 miles. I just need to figure these settings and the correct speed. It does seem to me that 4800-5000 rpm's is the sweet spot in sport mode. I don't know how Keith went over 27k on the stock p4 battery . That guy is a beast of a pilot .

Yeah it was boosted but I was disappointed I didn't go farther . I chickened out and landed with 32%. I know I can do 4 miles. I just need to figure these settings and the correct speed. It does seem to me that 4800-5000 rpm's is the sweet spot in sport mode. I don't know how Keith went over 27k on the stock p4 battery . That guy is a beast of a pilot .
Yeah, I don't know how he does it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94